Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Lady parks on my yard. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most home improvement stores sell a premade picket fence like thing. get a few and stick em in the ground at the front of the street, they are cheap, paintable, and I doubt that someone will drive over them.

you could call the cops and say a suspicious vehicle is casing the front of your property and you think it could be a burgular.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got it...

Find a dead cat...
Throw dead cat in your field...

Sue her for emotional damages after she runs over your favorite cat...
Old 05-28-2005, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by 2500CTD
A less drastic one, when she sohws up have a couple buddies park in front and behind her, boxing her in, then all of you go inside for a beer or 10. however, you'll have more tracks in the yard, but its all cool since no one owns that part of land.

Haha.. thatd be a nice one... id also consider digging in the ground and putting a deep staked steel-eyelet in... then next time she parks there there will just happen to be a ratchet tie down with a lock attached to her vehicle. oops
Old 05-28-2005, 05:40 PM

LMFAO...

Poor dead cat...

Vinny
Old 05-29-2005, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by spunbearing
Dig a few " drainage trenches" Make it so bumpy that she punctures her oil pan. The grass will still look ok when it's grown in.
Sounds like "tank traps", My first thought. To help the drainage on your property.

Wooden stakes and crime scene tape ($12 for 500') marking the corners of your property. Leave it up for a month or so. Then replace the tape with a couple bio-hazard signs.

The problem with people like that is the only compromise they understand is when YOU give up something for them.
By allowing them to park there you are vicariously responsible for their safety while they are there.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:44 AM

Sounds like your lawn needs some fertilizing around those ruts. A thick layer of good old cow manure with some pig poop mixed in for fragrance should do the trick. I’m sure she wouldn’t want her kid tracking that into the SUV or house. Nothing malicious about cow manure and pig poop, just trying to keep the lawn looking good.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:49 AM

this hasnt been resolved yet?
Old 06-03-2005, 04:47 AM

Just dig a trench about 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep around the edge of the property in question and then put up a few road contruction and open trench signs. I think she would stop then. If she didnt then she would have to pay for a tow and fix.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:50 AM

Also if I read it right about what was found out about your city ordinances. That is your property its just that the city has an easement on it. If that is the case just put up a no trespassing sign now and then when chool starts back up if she parks ther you can call the cops on her for trespassing. simple and easy.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Banned

midwestdually - school is out so she has stopped parking there. The grass is starting to fill in. I realize that most of the guys on here's contribution is nothing more than to come up with a bit of a silly idea, for Edit -n-giggles (and I think those ideas are funny too). But as I have stated, I plan on keeping this as low-profile as possible. I don't want a war, and I especially don't want to make a scene or do anything that will cost her money in repairs or other.

What I want - Only for her to stop. I seek no vengence.

What I will do - She will get a letter in her mail box shortly before the beginning of school that is from the city I live in specifying that it is not legal to park on others yard, and defining what each home owner owns, and the easement rights of the city. That's it.

If she continues parking there with the information clarified to her, then things will get more ... exciting. Then I'll have to dig up this topic and start taking notes about some of the more creative replies, and weighing options.

- JyRO

- JyRO
Old 06-20-2005, 06:01 PM

Just put some rocks out there that are big enough to EDIT her under carriage if she tries to drive over them. EDIT women and there SUVs they think there EDIT. The only pain is that you have to weed wack around them.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by hertz
Just put some rocks out there that are big enough to EDIT her under carriage if she tries to drive over them. EDIT women and there SUVs they think there EDIT. The only pain is that you have to weed wack around them.
Wow, I think that's a new Moderator's editing record.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Shovelhead
Wow, I think that's a new Moderator's editing record.
We got a new moderator?

phox
Old 06-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I thought you put all the EDITs in that post.

I know it wuddn't me.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Tweren't me either.

Maybe we're so good that the members are self moderating now.

phox

Quick Reply: Lady parks on my yard. What to do?