Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Knucklehead!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knucklehead!!!

So I'm at one of the used tire places this morning getting my 285s put on some polished alloy rims.(Pics in gallery) There is another guy there with a big fat Buick Electra 225 convertible with a fresh paint job and he is getting some tires mounted also. There are three young guys working there and all of them seem like decent guys. The first thing I notice is that the head guy is wearing a kilt. The tag on it says "UtiliKilt" It looks like something a Harley guy might wear and my suspicion was correct even though that has nothing to do with the story.
Me and the Buick guy start talking and he tells me my tires look like some real beefy ones. I say Yeah and they are E-rated so I don't have to worry about anything like with some big tires out there. KiltMan immediately trys to tell me my truck doesn't need E-rated tires and I wasted my money on them. I tell him that sure I could put lesser tires on my truck but next time I have 3000lb in the bed I'm gonna be worried the whole way down the road. I also proceeded to tell him about sidewall flex when loaded or when pulling a heavy trailer. After I'm done explaining the physics of tire sidewalls he decides that he agrees with me that my tires were a good choice.
Now, during all this, Kiltman has been fighting getting the first of the rear tires on the 225. The Buick is one of those cars that has rear fender skirts that have to be removed in order to remove the wheels. It's still tight even without the skirts in place. I mention to the car owner that I had a 65 Chrysler 300 with those and I always had to jack up the frame instead of the rear axle in order to get the clearance I needed to get my wheels on and off. Kiltman hears this but keeps fighting it because he's just stubborn and doesn't need anybody's help. He had the jack under the rear axle BTW. So he starts working on the other side and has the same problems trying to get the wheel back on. He even has a little shoehorn looking thing that he is using to pry the wheel into the wheelwell. This is on a car with a brand new paintjob. The car owner suggests putting the jack under the frame but the guys says he's almost got it and he keeps fighting it. I get tired of this ridiculous display and go over and pick up on the rear bumper and within one second the wheel is mounted. The idiot didn't even say thanks but the car owner and two other guys there just laughed about it while I stood there like Charles Atlas flexing for the crowd.
I'm glad I was taking my wheels home to mount them myself....

And I know I could get away with a good D-Rated tire. I had them on my 03 3500 and never had an issue. I just had to set Kiltman straight that he didn't know everything.....
Old 04-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Ha... I hate people that think that they know everything... I'll always take a little help when something is kicking my butt...
Old 04-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the only thing that comes to mind is "STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES SIR"
Old 04-27-2008, 08:11 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You're just showing your age without mentioning it out loud. You know it was called a bumper jack before it was called a HI-lift for four wheelers. Back when I did tires, many moons ago, I met a similar situation except the tables were turned as the customer didn't know it. I asked him to pop the trunk so I could get his bumper jack out, and he comes back with "I got all that stuff out so I could fit my speakers in there". That was fun....A kilt huh? Ever seen a real kilt and how it's tied. Oh that's another story.

Chris
Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You just can't fix stupid!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow...lot of ppl like that nowadays, too much reading, not enough experiencing...