Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Just wanted to say thanks to all- joining the law enforcement family

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's all great news Ryan. Kids are awesome but you never understand that until you have some of your own. I wouldn't give mine up for anything.
My sister used to work at the county jail in Manassas. She really liked it there. I kept trying to get her to get me one of those bright orange jump suits w/ the number on it but she could never do it... LOL
On another note, did you ever find out about that exhaust system? I may need one for my next truck.......
Old 02-06-2009, 04:54 PM

Congrats Ryan. A lot of good advise has been given here. I'll add a few--
Never turn down any type LE training
Try to take some Criminal Justice courses
Never lose your temper when dealing with a con or the public
You can't talk and listen at the same time
Don't ever fall for the line "Forget what you learned in training--this is how we really do it"
When you have learned all you can---is when the real education begins
Jay
Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 PM

It took me 8 months of applications and testing to finally land my career. Perseverance is the key. Everyone has to start somewhere. Don't hang your head about starting off in the corrections field. Most deputy's start off in the jail. Keep your head high, be professional, and work hard. It will pay off for you. I wish you the best in your career and family.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:15 AM

To any out there if you want to be a law enforcement officer and do patrol move to So Cal. The Los Angeles Sheriffs Dept. has very low standards. I new a guy or two that got hired on. I wouldn't have hired them to wash wash cars.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks again guys, I appreciate it.

Mike I have no idea, I havent talked to those guys since they let their head mech go. If you need it I will go up there, heck I need to head up there one day and get some of my stock stuff anyway.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:27 AM

Is the place local?

I'm going to look at a stock 03 truck today. If I end up buying it I will at a minimum put a BHAF and a better exhaust on it. If I can help you out with a few bucks then I will do that versus purchasing a new system. Plus yours were Cool Duals which are just that. "COOL".........