Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Just lifted my truck.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just lifted my truck.

Just got back from the tire place with my slightly taller Dodge.<br><br>Original specs:<br><br>Measurements taken from ground to outside center of wheel well with stock 265/75R16 Michellins which are 30.75 inches tall.<br><br>Right Front-39.5 inches.<br>Left Front- 39.75 inches.<br>Right Rear- 43.5 inches.<br>Left Rear- 43.5 inches.<br><br><br>New and improved specs:<br><br>2inch spacer in front.<br>Stock, as it is rear.<br>16x10 Weld Stonecrushers. (4.625 backspacing)<br>315/75R-16 BFG AT's<br><br>new dimensions.<br><br>Right Front-43 inches.<br>Left Front- 43 inches.<br>Right Rear- 45.75 inches.<br>Left Rear- 45.75 inches.<br><br>Tires are actually 11 inches wide at the tread,<br>13 inches wide at the &quot;bulge&quot;<br>34.25 inches tall, mounted on the truck.<br><br>I think I need to get some fender flares .<br>Driving home it seemed a bit underpowered, gotta fix that ;D<br><br>For before and after pics, please see my album in members photos, page 20.<br><br>Hope the pics turn out, my computer monitor at home is extremely dark.<br><br>phox<br><br><br><br><br>
Old 03-08-2003, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Just lifted my truck.

That looks sweet 8)<br>Will it still fit in your garage?
Old 03-08-2003, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That really looks good!<br><br>I especially like that little sticker on the quad cab window! <br><br>Nice lookin' ride!<br><br>Rich
Old 03-08-2003, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like those tires and wheels Phox.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Administrator

[quote author=Spark Chaser link=board=10;threadid=11975;start=0#113350 date=1047167983]<br>That looks sweet 8)<br>Will it still fit in your garage?<br>[/quote]<br><br>It never did :'( .<br>It was about 1/2 inch too tall from the get go.<br><br><br>phox
Old 03-09-2003, 01:24 PM
Administrator

--Update--<br><br>There is some serious rubbing against my mudflaps up front when turning. <br>Almost ripped them off a couple times yesterday, had to make really wide, Semi-like right turns <br><br>Have to pull the mudflaps, they're destroyed pretty much anyway.<br>Then grind down or bend some sheetmetal at least on passenger side, there's a nice sharp piece sticking through the mudflap making a nice groove in the tire, hopefully I can grind it down without compromising the body welds.<br><br>The spacer pushed (or pulled) the front axle back about an inch or two and I don't have enough money to extend the control arms :'( <br><br>I was expecting them to rub the airdam under the bumper rather than the back side of the wheelwells.<br><br>Don't know if they rub the control arms any, as I presently can't turn the wheels that far due to the fender rubbing.<br><br>Off I go to the driveway.<br><br>phox
Old 03-09-2003, 11:13 PM
Administrator

More updates.

Got the mudflaps off.

I have some serious tire shredding rubbing on the passenger side fender.
Right turns put the tire right into the bottom rear of the fender, nice sharp sheetmetal in that area.

Left turns seem to be ok now that the mudflap is off.
Might rub if turning over a bump, or into a driveway, but nowhere near as bad as the right side does.

It looks like passenger side is sitting back an inch more than the driver side.
This looking at the side of the truck, and how the tire is centered under the fender.
Can't really see it in the above photos, due to the angle of the shots.
Might have to take some straight on ones tomorrow.

The only thing I see different betweent the two sides is the way the spring is sitting.
Driver side, the bottom end of the spring is &quot;pointed&quot; towards the differential.
Passenger side, the end of the spring is pointed due front.

Would this be enough to make it that far off?
Does how the spring sits make it &quot;taller&quot;?
And wouldn't that throw the alignment off, and be noticeable to the alignment tech?

Going to take it to a dedicated off road shop tomorrow and see if they have any hints.
(just make left turns only to get there )

Supposed to take it back to Les Schwab in 100 miles so they can check how everything has &quot;settled&quot;.
I'll surely point this out to them.

Still, I love the way it looks.
So much better than stock.
Can't fathom how it would look if it had the 245's the doorjamb sticker says it came with.

More updates forthcoming.

phox
(maybe a moderator can move this into the &quot;aftermarket accesories&quot; forum, I think it belongs there now)