Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Just a Friendly Reminder...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a Friendly Reminder...

Everyone be on your P's and Q's this holiday season, I know it is a little late to mention but not for the last minute shoppers.

I had my bank account tapped today for $1500. Some slime decided to buy $800 worth of Tiffany and Co. product and $700 at another place that has slipped my mind during my current revenge thinking.

This was done through my debit card. Which I only used for my four wheel and off road magazine and my circle track magazine.

Of course people at all banking institutions have access to your numbers if they work for my branch. I will start to track down mr or mrs thief once the debits hit my account. That is when I can start the process of getting my money back. It will also tell me where they bought the merchandise from, and then I can start tracking them. I will search to no end to find them. it might be a lost cause, but I can still make an attempt istead of letting someone like this take advantage of others. Luckily that leaves me with about $1000 in the bank with bill time coming up. Plus I have to drive home tomorrow and see family which is going to burn lots of fuel.

Merry Christmas Yall.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:40 PM

Tis the season, my friend . Sorry to hear of your misfortune (no pun intended). I have had my account jacked before as well and I know how you feel. I hope the slime rots in a jailcell.

Have a Merry Christmas ... inspite of it.

PISTOL
Old 12-24-2005, 12:20 AM

I feel for you. Any kind of thievery is difficult to deal with.

It is amazing what things will make it through the banks protection system and what won't. I was in a hurry one day and filled my '99 and our '00 (in the short time we had it) and grabbed the black hose instead of green (first time in 15 years). We realized it before I started her but after pumping in $72 on medium grade Fly J gas. So we dropped the tank and emptied it and filled her up right. In this time we also got a couple of bottles of water and bag of chips. I think there was a total of 4 transactions for less then $175 over about four hours.

About five hours after the start of this the bank called my cell phone and started asking questions. I did not trust the inbound call and they said no problem just call the number on the back of the card but my account would be frozen until I did. I did that and found they did not like the multiple charges in sucession and thought someone got the card info after I used it or I left the card there.

Randy