Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Just found out I'm gonna be a dad!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just found out I'm gonna be a dad!

Just found this weekend that my gf is pregnant. It wasn't planned but we are excited anyways. Probably gonna have to move up the plans to get married now. And looks like I might have to sell the truck. It kinda changes your whole outlook on life.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:56 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

CONGRADULSTIONS-REFER TO PARENTTHREAD IN -OTHER DISCUSSION\
CLAUDE
Old 12-03-2007, 02:59 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sell the truck? Kids are that expensive, that is just a guilt trip parent lay on pre-teens and teenagers.

Congratulations, but I would hold off on shopping for the maroon 1997 Plymouth Voyager at this point.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:59 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Congratulations! Parenthood is very exciting and challenging, but the rewards are totally worth it!

Not to downplay the situation, but don't marry the girl just because she's pregnant. Marry her because you love her. I've seen it too many times before. Let her know that you want to marry her for love, not "to do the right thing". Just a little advice, hope there is no offense taken.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:19 PM

i have to agree with vzdude you would rather pay just child support than child support and alimony.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:06 PM

Congrats !! You better get a bunch of sleep now because the days of sleeping 8 hours straight are going to be gone soon
Old 12-03-2007, 05:24 PM

Congrats!!

MikeyB
Old 12-03-2007, 05:29 PM

Sleep? What's that?

Kids are great when they are sleeping..........

Just kidding. I wouldn't trade my kids for anything......... Well the new Challenger would be pretty tempting......
Old 12-03-2007, 05:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well we were already planning on getting married, we just didn't plan on this soon. We were gonna wait a couple more years. But we both wanna get married before the baby is born. We have already been together for 2 years now. I love her! I knew it the first time I met her.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:57 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Great! Best of luck with everything!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vzdude
Congratulations! Parenthood is very exciting and challenging, but the rewards are totally worth it!

Not to downplay the situation, but don't marry the girl just because she's pregnant. Marry her because you love her. I've seen it too many times before. Let her know that you want to marry her for love, not "to do the right thing". Just a little advice, hope there is no offense taken.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
x2

Perfectly stated.
Best of luck

Tim
Old 12-04-2007, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by masterphreak
Just found this weekend that my gf is pregnant. It wasn't planned but we are excited anyways. Probably gonna have to move up the plans to get married now. And looks like I might have to sell the truck. It kinda changes your whole outlook on life.
Congrats, but sell the truck? Are you sure she’s wort..

I am kidding, maybe sell it and get a better truck, get a 1st. generation that way you won't have to keep fixing it.

Get ready for Cheerios and vomit down your seats and formula spots on the headliner.

I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world and been this way for almost 34 years now.

Jim
Old 12-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Congrats,Congrats!!!

Ya know it will change your outlook on life as soon as you see that precious baby. I hope everything goes well for you and your family!!!Cin
Old 12-04-2007, 06:17 AM

Congrats buddy. Mine turns a year old on Sunday and Im still not sleeping thru the night. If ya think diesel fuel is expensive, wait til ya start buying diapers! lol
Old 12-04-2007, 07:21 AM

Sell your truck? Why? I look at mine as a very good safety feature.

When my wife and I had our first child 5 years ago. Well, she actually did all the work, but anyway, We were also in the market for a new 4wd. vehicle and she REALLY wanted a Honda CRV. I really wasn't all that keen on her driving my new bundle of joy around in that cracker box. So, I got her to test drive a CTD and of course she loved it. So, now I know she will most likely win any accident she might get into. Makes me feel a little bit better when she is running around with the girls strapped in their carseats going who knows where..

Quick Reply: Just found out I'm gonna be a dad!