Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

June 7, 2015 Water Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for the coffee Shorts! sure happy to see you doing well
Old 06-12-2015, 06:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Scotty- Congratulations Man! Proud of you!

Shorts- I censored my words and feelings due to the sensitive and gentle nature of the clientele on this site.

I added up the receipts of all the repair work. It made my decision ALOT easier to be happy with. Lets just say that I almost paid 2/3 of the initial purchase price again.....

I have enough toys for now, but one day, .................
Old 06-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks for the glug glug glug...mmmm coffee!
There's a good chance I'll see my truck leave here today off to a salvage yard.

I'm sure Lary will find a way for me to cheer up. Probably has something highly explosive in a confined space in mind.
Feeling better already.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty

I'm sure Lary will find a way for me to cheer up. Probably has something highly explosive in a confined space in mind.
Feeling better already.
You bet! Tell that tow truck driver to stand clear and we can launch that thing to it's destination

There is no problem too big or too small that we can not fix it with the proper application of high explosives
Old 06-12-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
This place is a mess, these kids don't know how to clean up after themselves.

What is with people? 2 separate classified adds in a row (not here) and looks like there may be a third warming up in the bull pin. XD9 for sale, finally make contact and get "I'm listing this for a relative, I'll have him contact you". After some time, "Okay, we can meet at this place at this time". ??? ***, no show !!! Next day, "I changed my mind and don't want to sell it". Thanks for wasting my time A holes.
And to repet my pet peeve, WE DON'T SHIP TO ALASKA! Dude, it's a small part that will fit in a USPS flat rate box. WE DON'T SHIP TO ALASKA! And I can't get them to tell me why.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang - - uhhhh, just noticed it changed to afternoon 15 minutes ago. OK, afternoon. Been out in the yard all morning working. Grabbing a cup of that coffee, Shorts. Naughty, but I am going to splurge and not insist on my ph00 for today - - need a shot of caffeine.

Originally Posted by cougar
What is with people? 2 separate classified adds in a row
And to repeat my pet peeve, WE DON'T SHIP TO ALASKA!
OK, Coug - - relax - - don't let it ruin your day - - life is too short. Smile and go on. Never thought about that "don't ship to Alaska" thingy - - bet you do hear that a lot.

OK, out of here and go back to work.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:26 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Greetings.

Cougar, why don't companies ship to Alaska? Is it no longer part of the USA? Do you guys not pay your bills?

Spent the morning installing new mirrors on my truck. Easy installation, but running all those new wires thru that boot thingy between the door and the frame is no fun. Lots and lots of patience is required. It's so nice to now just push a button and have both mirrors fold. Like the new turning light in the mirrors too. It surprised me just how heavy each mirror is. So heavy that they came with special nuts and a warning not to use the old nuts.

Still coughing a bit, but compared to where I was a few days ago, it's like night and day.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:56 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hmmm, must be Saturday. No one around and no Ph00. Not many posts this week except the ones of a couple geeks that talk about coughing and spitting up green junk. ..............

OK, pots are on including hot water for tea. Brought some nice fresh blueberry muffins. Not many posts this week. Must have been a busy one.

Me gone to win another battle.

Bob
Old 06-13-2015, 07:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Poor BobbyDependable, allturd phoo goo fore! ewe while you were hacking and coughing.

Hanyday fokes
Old 06-13-2015, 11:28 AM

Stan, liquid dish soap makes a great lube when pushing things through tight rubber thingies.
The third add also flopped. These XD9's rarely come up for sale. I guess I should post some bogus adds too to annoy people. Free worked out gold mine. I got the gold, you get the shaft,,, FREE!.
The dark and gloomy weather has passed for now. So warm last night Roxie slept in front of the fan.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:19 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
There's a polywater lube for wiring. Looks like grease but it's snot. Saving grace is it evaporates after install, completely disappears.

DW and I snuck in one more morning of fishing before I drydock the boat and work on the trailer. Got a mess of bass to tide us over.

Old 06-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by j_martin
There's a polywater lube for wiring. Looks like grease but it's snot. Saving grace is it evaporates after install, completely disappears.

DW and I snuck in one more morning of fishing before I drydock the boat and work on the trailer. Got a mess of bass to tide us over.

Email a few of those please
Working my new Louisiana Grill. Nice catch!
Old 06-13-2015, 03:51 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Thanks guys for the lube suggestions. Have used dish detergent in water many times when pushing things thru rubber and it works very well. j_w, have heard about that snot, but never used it. Debated on using some form of lube on the job I was doing, but not sure if it would have eased things much. No room to work and the rubber boot is entirely convoluted/bumpy/corrugated. Fish wire and patience worked.

Beeuutiful day down here. Unfortunately no fish. Grew up fishing in the Indian Ocean surf with a rod about 10-12 feet long. Often miss that. Used to cut down bamboo and make my own rods too.

Going to take the rest of the afternoon off and go and read for a change.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:16 PM

Whelp, they broke one. They wanted me to drop everything and com down there and fix it. I told them this is the weekend. Unless you can squat and drop me a part, it ain't happenin. Anyone have a Piper p/n 41734-78 laying around?
Old 06-13-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Email a few of those please
Working my new Louisiana Grill. Nice catch!
7 fish, almost 17 lbs. Made over 6 lbs of boneless eating. Packed up into 6 meals and froze most of it. Grilled the small ones for supper over charcoal sweetened with cherry wood chips.

Actually fishing was pretty slow today. The same lake yielded a 36 lb. double limit for my son and I (12 fish). Same lake also yielded the 6-10 bass DW shows off. Dat's pretty big in MN.

There was a little old lady with a walker on a boat landing fishing for sunfish. She saw us boat a small bass. I asked her if she wanted it. She lit up and started trying to figure out how to get close enough so I could hand it to her. I beached the boat and tied up. Gave her that one and a couple more 14 inchers out of the live well. She was so excited it was funny. She immediately packed up and went home to take care of them.

We laughed for about an hour.

Tried to e-mail a couple. MIME encoding seems to lock up. You'll have to catch me at the boat landing.