Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

June 7, 2015 Water Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Checked at 4:45 before DW and I went bass fishing. Nobody around, dragon was sleeping, so I didn't say anything. I just went fishing.
WRONG. I was browsing in the med cab, the kit cabs, drawers, everywhere for something I had not yet tried to stop the coughing. Found nothing except a knife - - I nixed that one.

Stan, with you on the experience. We have a bed that goes up, down, around in circles, does the dance, waves like ocean (teasing) but no position helped like my big recliner in my office. So, off I went - - AGAIN - - to cough and complain so wifey could sleep. Finally really had a jag about 5:15 and that is the last I remember until waking at 8:45. Wow, felt like noon. Can't remember what it feels like to sleep that late. Feel some better today with less coughing - - but the day is young. Took Holter in for analysis this morning. Should know tomorrow if the heart is still working or not - - sure hope it is - - not nice the other way..........

Grabbing a ph00 and see if I can get some work done. Have a gudurn.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Whenever I get the persistent irritating disruptive cough, I carry around a bottle of regular Buckley's Mixture. As soon as the cough starts, I take a swig. It does reduce the severity of the cough.

Pricing a new ride is a bit frightening, more of a nightmare then a dream.

$91k msrp.
Thankfully I can apply the diesel credit at 9k plus, 1200 cash back and purchase at 500/over on a factory order. This still hasn't felt like the thing to do...yet.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:59 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
WRONG. I was browsing in the med cab, the kit cabs, drawers, everywhere for something I had not yet tried to stop the coughing. Found nothing except a knife - - I nixed that one.
Oh that's what that was. I thought the furniture in the bathroom was acting up. didn't want to investigate. After all, I had fishing to do.

Heading out again. Gotta get my fishin' fix. Probably gonna pop the boat off the trailer Friday so I can catch up on trailer maintenance. It needs some welding, a minor modification of the bow block, and spring repair.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:52 AM

Rise and shine, gang. Coffee and flavoured ph00 are fresh and anxiously awaiting your arrival. Fresh blueberry muffins also wish to be devoured.

Gentle rain all night here. That time of the year. Haven't checked the Weather Report yet so can't say what we will have today. Lots of running to do, so some nice sunshine and smiles will be wonderful.

Have a gudurn,

Bobby
Old 06-11-2015, 06:10 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Thanks Bob for the breakfast....I am off to the Doc again apparently he needs me to make another payment on his vacation home....

Have a SAFE day people!
Old 06-11-2015, 06:21 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Good morning. Blueberry muffin devoured as ordered. Thanks.

Had the best nights sleep I have managed in over a week and feel that I may actually live again. Looks like I am now over the worst of this horrible bronchial infection. Saw the doc again yesterday and he has switched me from daily injections in the butt to a week of pills. Hate putting chemicals into my body, but sometimes do not have much of a choice.

Off to go and do something. Forgot what I was going to do, so will have a coffee while I try to remember.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning. Blueberry muffin devoured as ordered. Thanks.

Had the best nights sleep I have managed in over a week and feel that I may actually live again.
Off to go and do something. Forgot what I was going to do, so will have a coffee while I try to remember.
It's those shots frying your brain - - let's see, what was your name???............

I had best sleep last night also in 2 weeks - - in at 11, awake at 5 - - not bad considering previous nights.

More ph00.................
Old 06-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Hi...

Yrs

Sober

Today

Drinks are on me!

Pour them on my LEGGS
Old 06-11-2015, 09:14 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Scotty, that is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C news. Great work! I am sure that there were many rough times over those 31 years to reach this goal, but you made it. I am proud of you!

Will pour some of Bob's phoo on your LEGGS to celebrate.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Will pour some of Bob's phoo on your LEGGS to celebrate.
His LEGGS are HOT, man. Need to pour ice water on them. That is why they shine - - all the heat build up in them. ....................................

CELEBRATE it is, big guy. You have done good - - hang tough. "I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me." I know you recognize the significance of that statement. Proud of you.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Congratulations Scotty! Let's paaaatayyyyyy
Old 06-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Congratulations Scotty! Let's paaaatayyyyyy
I've got the chainsaws, M-80's, [censored] and the razor for the goat all packed.
Meet you at Bobby's.

Lets play Spin the ram in his backyard by or in the pool.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty
I've got the chainsaws, M-80's, [censored] and the razor for the goat all packed.
Meet you at Bobby's.

Lets play Spin the ram in his backyard by or in the pool.
Perfect! I will load up the Karaoke machine as well...I am dying to hear your rendition of "It's Raining Men" again....that was a real hoot!.... of course those poor fellows you tossed out of the balcony in Vegas, probably didn't find as much humor in it as I did

You know they really should put a sign up announcing if a place like that caters "alternative lifestyles" just so things like that don't happen
Old 06-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Perfect! I will load up the Karaoke machine as well...I am dying to hear your rendition of "It's Raining Men" again....that was a real hoot!.... of course those poor fellows you tossed out of the balcony in Vegas, probably didn't find as much humor in it as I did

You know they really should put a sign up announcing if a place like that caters "alternative lifestyles" just so things like that don't happen
Then there was the time they wouldn't let me sing I am Woman by Helen Reddy.

Zing zowie wowie did I snap that time. Nobody ever saw a beer cooler fly before. There's a first for everything...LOL

And they thought they were safe because I wasn't drinking.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:12 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning.
Pot of vanilla-french roast nice and hot. Thinking tacos after jail break.

Sherod sorry to hear about the truck. You're much more reasonable than I about going to the backup vehicle. I'd be kicking and screaming.

To the boys in the sick ward, get better soon!

Have a happy Friday everybody

Quick Reply: June 7, 2015 Water Cooler