Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

JUNE 11-17th GENERAL Store (watercooler)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey y'all .... whew, another Monday in the compost pile.

Glad to see ya among the living again Chris. How's the shoulder ?
No b-day party here ... just me and Cap'n Morgan setting sail . No polizei were called and I even managed to keep my clothes on this year (but there's always hope for NEXT year !!).

I hope y'all keep the wet stuff on your side of the pond ... it was gorgeous here today ... actually hot enough to break a sweat without doing a lot. Which is good, cuz I didn't do a lot .

Any whoo .... I gotta go try to get the image of SR getting a root canal thru his **** out of my mind .

Cheers !!

PISTOL
Old 06-12-2006, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
... gotta go try to get the image of SR getting a root canal thru his **** out of my mind .

PISTOL
I guess the dentist figured that route would be the shortest

~Rob
Old 06-12-2006, 04:12 PM

Does SR stand for Short Round or Shortest Route ??

Ol' Bruce is definately one of the good ones .... glad to have him as a friend !!!

PISTOL
Old 06-12-2006, 06:16 PM

Evening all. Got through another Monday, and only 7 more days til school is out. Than my summer job at the camp starts, a lot of weekends at the Jersey shore, and a lot of parties/BBQ's to go to. If anyone is ever at the shore, shoot me with a PM and we can meet up. Enjoy the week everyone!!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:30 PM

Hot one today. 108 here in Casa Grande. Still dealing with medical bills and health insurance for wifes January ER trip in Houston. Pnuomonia and a blockage from kidney stones.
Then back here in CG she was in hospital in Feb, problems with stones.
Watta pain the the neck
Any word on our members in Flordia? Did any evacuate, or batten down the hatches. Best of luck for them.

Davey
Old 06-13-2006, 04:37 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
git 'em moving Kiddies

0430 and this "Cave Dweller" is wide awake and sees no reason why anyone else should be snoozing.
Trying to finish up a presentation for the Human Resources people on an upgrade for us Cave Dwellers. Our mission has changed so much that it's nowhere close to what they wrote up 10 years ago. Can only hope for more $$$$$$.

Shortround out
Old 06-13-2006, 06:01 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Same here SR.
Re just got 're-orged' BIG TIME due to standing up the Air Force District of Washington (again).
11th Comm Sq. went the way of the Dodo.
We're now AFPCA.
In another month or so we'll be the 477th Comm. Sq.
We were AFDW when I got here, and it went away not too long after that.
Now It's Baaaaack.
The ONLY constant here is change.

Thank goodness I brought enough coffee.

Y'all have fun.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Ol' Bruce is definately one of the good ones .... glad to have him as a friend !!!PISTOL
Yep, same here! Besides, who else can we pick on? I s'pose there's always Hoss, but he's never around anymore and SR LIKES my coffee!

chaikwa.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:06 AM

Mornin' all,
Cheeez SR sure makes a lotta noise in the morning. Working in . Gonna be another hot one today, about 108 again, not a record.
Have wildfires going on. Last week had a fire at Oak Creek in Sedona AZ.
Have a reservation at a timeshare in Sedona the end of this month. Way it goes.
Nothing exciting in the job jar for today,

Have a good day, fun in the sun.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:30 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts
Back home safe and sound. My trusty steed, aka my Ram, drove my wife and I very nicely to Acapulco and back. Unfortunately we had some business in Mexico City, but even that traffic was not that bad for a change.
South of Mexico City we drove thru hundreds of acres of blooming roses, every color you can imagine. The rose smell came right into the cab and was great. For those of you in Washington state, this was something like the tulip fields just north of Seattle.
Went from sea level to just over 10,000 feet in a matter of hours. The truck never even noticed the climb and was happy in cruise over the mountains.
Dang, I hate unwinding from a holiday and trying to get back to 'normal'. Already had one meeting this morning and heading out now for another one. maybe yet another later tonight. Hey, I thought I was retired - or is that retarded?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:17 PM

Hello ever-body,

Just got back from a goodbye party for our old CO. Great food and great beer .... ready for a nap now !!

Well, I found out this morning that I am gonna be a Grampa . Daggum boy is gonna make me go grey before I'm 40. Gonna be an interesting ride for the lad ... hope he's ready.

Weather is holding out ... couldn't ask for a nicer day. Unless I was fishin instead of workin.

Yall hang in there .... Friday's a'coming !!

PISTOL
Old 06-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Howdy all,

Sorry about the absence around the cooler for a couple days. Finally got the new peeuuttter ready to roll. Installed additional hard drive, then download the old one and load the new one - - wow, takes a lot of time. Sure is fast.

Had a little breeze around here for a few days and lots of much needed rain. Sun is out now (Tuesday, 5:30pm) - - never know a hurricane was messing around in the gulf today. We sure needed the rain, so it was a blessing. I guess top winds were somewhere between 50 and 60 during the night - - few palm fronds laying in the grass, but that is about it.

Have a gudurn,
WindBlownBob
Old 06-14-2006, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Howdy all,

Sorry about the absence around the cooler for a couple days.
You were gone? Didn't even notice
Glad the storm wasn't very intense.

Well, wife found out yesterday they are "eliminating her position". Wasn't really the financial news I was hoping for yesterday. Might not have bought a new 4 wheeler on Saturday had I known. Oh well. She has a month to find something. Anybody want to hire her?

~Rob
Old 06-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Mid-week Hump day.

Not too much on the gotta do list.
Boss called a noon 'manditory' meeting.
I blew off his last manditory meeting, he then called and reminded me what manditory means.
Oh well, he's buying lunch.

Wet stuff from Alberto due in this afternoon.
We could use the rain.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:13 AM

Mornin' all

Working on my daly ration of
NO heat warning today, only gonna be 109* with 20- 25 mph winds. Prolly have more dust storms. Don't spend much time outside unless it is the the pool.

Glad your back 5erBob. Them computers can take a lot of time. You had a bit of rain from that storm, Put out the fires and keep the dust down on the highways.

Our son has just started army basic at Ft Jackson SC. Guess he will see some of the rain.

Have a great day, keep outta trouble don't break nothin' and go to them mandintory meetings

Quick Reply: JUNE 11-17th GENERAL Store (watercooler)