Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

JULY 1969 THIS DAY IN HISTORY Ted Kennedy killed Mary Jo

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:10 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
JULY 1969 THIS DAY IN HISTORY Ted Kennedy killed Mary Jo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Mary Jo Kopechne…

I would have been 65 years of age this year. Read about me and my killer below.

When Sen. Ted Kennedy was merely just another Democrat bloating on Capitol Hill on behalf of liberal causes, it was perhaps excusable to ignore his deplorable past. But now that he's become a leading Republican attack dog, positioning himself
as Washington's leading arbiter of truth and integrity, the days for such indulgence are now over.

It's time for the GOP to stand up and remind America why this chief spokesman had to abandon his own presidential bid in 1980 - time to say the words Mary Jo Kopechne out loud.

As is often the case, Republicans have deluded themselves into thinking that most Americans already know the story of how this "Conscience of the Democratic Party" left Miss Kopechne behind to die in the waters underneath the Edgartown Bridge in July 1969, after a night of drinking and partying with the young blonde campaign worker.

But most Americans under 40 have never heard that story, or details of how Kennedy swam to safety, then tried to get his cousin Joe Garghan to say he was behind the wheel. Those young voters don't know how Miss Kopechne, trapped inside Kennedy's
Oldsmobile, gasped for air until she finally died, while the Democrats' leading Iraq war critic rushed back to his compound to formulate the best alibi he could think of.

Neither does Generation X know how Kennedy was thrown out of Harvard on his ear 15 years earlier -- for paying a fellow student to take his Spanish final. Or why the US Army denied him a commission because he cheated on tests. As they listen to the Democrats' "Liberal Lion" accuse President Bush of "telling lie after lie after lie" to get America to go to war in Iraq, young
voters don't know about that notorious 1991 Easter weekend in Palm Beach, when Uncle Teddy rounded up his nephews for a night on the town, an evening that ended with one of them credibly accused of rape.

It's time for Republicans to state unabashedly that they will no longer "go along with the gag" when it comes to Uncle Ted's rants about deception and moral turpitude inside the Bush White House. And if the Republicans don't, let's do it ourselves by passing this forgotten disgrace around the Internet to wake up memories of what a fraud and fake Teddy really is.

The Democratic Party should be ashamed to have the national disgrace from Massachusetts as their spokesman.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ted Kennedy Is A Criminal...And Should BE Thrown In Jail.....
Old 07-20-2005, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally !! I get to listen to someone who was there and knows for sure what happened.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:57 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Old 07-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Unfortunately, the only other witness isn't able to tell her side of the story.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:12 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

I am sure Ted was innocent. You cant hold a man accountable when he is a lush.. Can You? Oh I guess not He got away with MURDER!
Old 07-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember it, and I tend to agree with a lot of the speculation back then, that there was enough Kennedy money and influence spread around that nobody would tell for sure what happened.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:44 PM

Our court system found OJ and Micheal Jackson not guilty and there are still people who think they are guilty
Old 07-20-2005, 07:06 PM

Originally posted by herb
Our court system found OJ and Micheal Jackson not guilty and there are still people who think they are guilty
our court system also gave a woman millions of dollars for spilling hot coffee on herself...
Old 07-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by graphitecumnz
our court system also gave a woman millions of dollars for spilling hot coffee on herself...
Last time that was brought up it was shot down in flames... Ah, good times...

And about Kennedy; regular folk get off all the time for crimes... It's not just the rich ones. (And I don't think you can call Kennedy's actions "murder"; manslaughter, maybe... He still should have done 20 years, especially the way he tried to cover it up...)
Old 07-20-2005, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by Shovelhead

Unfortunately, the only other witness isn't able to tell her side of the story.
Duh!!! She wrote a letter! It's at the top of this thread!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Hannibal
Duh!!! She wrote a letter! It's at the top of this thread!

She must have been real good at holding her breath while typing on a manual typerwriter using waterproof ink on waterproof paper.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by Begle1
Last time that was brought up it was shot down in flames... Ah, good times...
that was a bad example.....

I should've just used the recent Supreme Court ruling against private property owners....