Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

John Deere 1600 Mower/Conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only if you have a bale kicker on it, AND someone who drove to work IN a HONDA IN the Bale basket.

I can see it now, Rod prying Scotty into and out of that Honda jsut so he could put him into that bale basket. CATCH!!!

Sometime, I'll get around to posting that info about the new Hesston stuff for vaquero.

Chris
Old 08-24-2004, 09:04 PM

HESSTON 9260

Originally posted by vaquero
Signature600, no offence taken but that doesn't mean we still won't start rumors
How are those 9200 Hesstons. We are getting rid of our old 8200 and our 8550s this fall and that's what we are thinking about getting. We haven't had them bring one out yet for us to try but if you know something about them what are the differences. From what I understand it's a true 16' header and a few more ponies under the hood. Are there anyother differences? I really like the cab and controls on our 8550 (especially the acerage counter). JD is supposed to bring us one of their new disc swathers out in a couple of weeks when we start our third but I heven't liked any of them that been in over the years. I can't believe that your acerage couter, etc. are optional equipment on the JD's, you pay that kind of money you'd think that wouldn't even be a second thought.

Edit-
Forgot to ask, we are going to get two headers with the new swather. The disk mower and then we want to get a 25-30' draper header. Do you know if Hesston makes a draper that big for the 9200 or do we have to go aftermarket? Thanks for your help.
Kris
I don't really know a thing about the 9200's, other than what the literature tells me the differences are, last one I drove was an 8500.

The 9260 is available with a 12' and 15'3" DiscBine header, as well as up to 30' Draper headers. The drapers are either Center Delivery, or Shiftable. Also, HP is up to 185 from that reliable old 5.9QSBTII (6BT with Electronic Injection and Tier II Emissions)

I can find out whatever you want, or E-mail you a piece of literature if you have more questions, Just let me know.

Chris
Old 08-24-2004, 10:36 PM

Thanks for the info Chris. For some reason I had it in my head that the bigger of the two headers was now a 16' but i guess it's still the 15'3" like the old ones. That's good news about the 30' draper header. I would like to stick with the same brand as the swather just because of ease of mounting the header and getting parts locally. Thanks for your help.
See, I told you the rumors would start flying. I need to get me one of those racing seats with the full harness belts. That will add to the cool factor when I'm cutting hay at 55mph.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:48 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
See, I told you the rumors would start flying. I need to get me one of those racing seats with the full harness belts. That will add to the cool factor when I'm cutting hay at 55mph.
Cool factor? Heck its necessary. Can you imagine hitting a coyote hole at 55 mph? It'd spit you outta the cab.

Oh my achin' back...

Rod
Old 08-25-2004, 08:06 PM

I keep the coyote population in check around here so I don't have to worry about them but the gopher mounds are what kill me. Economically it's pretty good that we get 10+ years out of a stand of hay but it sure gives those gophers time to get dug in. I wish there was a way to take care of them. We have tried everything but nothing works.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:15 AM

Hire about 15 Hungry Southern Redneck families, and supply them with ammo!!!

Problem Solved
Old 08-26-2004, 10:25 PM

I wish it were that easy!
Old 08-27-2004, 01:54 PM

in the non helpfull response category... We have a Case discbine, and I love it. It cuts through heavy crops fast, and it hardly ever breaks down.

It sounds like this is the year for you to buy a silage bale wrapper.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by Graeme

It sounds like this is the year for you to buy a silage bale wrapper.
We are going to have to wear out these green ones first.

Although at this rate that might not take that long
Old 08-28-2004, 08:29 AM

Although at this rate that might not take that long
Bring your equipment up here. With the year, it definitely won't get worn out. I've still got 100 acres of standing FIRST cut

The rains up here started in the middle of June, and other than a couple shots of 4 days straight sun where we were able to get some hay rolled up, its been rain almost everyday.

I went to check on 50 acres of cut stuff the other day. The swathes were getting dry, but you couldn't bale cause the tractor would have gotten stuck in the giant lake in the middle of the field

That old wench Mother Nature is really asking for a tuning in when I die.

Rod
Old 08-28-2004, 04:39 PM

RAIN! What's that?
Old 08-29-2004, 09:23 AM

RAIN! What's that?
Its that wet crap that refuses to quit falling on my head this year. In the interests of cross-border relations, I will happily send you all our precipitation for the next couple months.

Another inch last night

Rod
Old 08-30-2004, 01:54 PM

I forgot to tell you Canadians that I would be visiting you, so I've been gone for a few days.

Went to Winnepeg to tour the Buhler Trarairctor Factory, then out to Portage la Prairie for an Allis Chalmers Trator Show. They said they had had record rainfall, like 47mm (Isn't that like 2.5 inches???)

The show was cool, they featured Gleaner Combines, and had a bunch of them running in a wheat field. It was a bit wet, but the sandy black dirt up there soaked it up fast, and it wasn't that bad on Saturday for the harvesting.

That exchange rate kept messing with us though, no banks were open to change our cash

Dang Canuckland ,
Chris
Old 08-30-2004, 11:26 PM

Originally posted by Push Rod
Its that wet crap that refuses to quit falling on my head this year. In the interests of cross-border relations, I will happily send you all our precipitation for the next couple months.

Another inch last night

Rod
Please send it down here! I've been doing a rain dance for the last three years (believe me it's not pretty ) It seems that when the sky gets dark it just goes around us

On a funnier note, our neighbor was demoing a brand new JD disk mower that they were supposed to bring down here to us when they were done with it. Well one of their hired men ran a piece of 8" well casing through the mower and conditioner . Oh well I guess they will be bringing us a different one
Old 08-31-2004, 08:39 AM

Originally posted by signature600
Buhler Trarairctor Factory,
Appears as though you managed to get into some of our Canuck whiskey while you were up here too....

Originally posted by signature600
That exchange rate kept messing with us though, no banks were open to change our cash
[/B]
You mean you didn't think you should be at par on the exchange rate?

Vaquero,

I'm not going to laugh (much) about the well casing being run through the conditioner. Dad was opening up our last hay field and run part of a downed tree through my MacDon Didn't make it to the conditioning rollers, but it sure did make a mess of the feed auger. Spent yesterday evening banging, straightening, and swearing alot.

Rod

Quick Reply: John Deere 1600 Mower/Conditioner