Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Job hunting in America

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 09:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
When you want to make friends do you go to a homeless shelter, or a place where you have something in common with the people there. The point is you cannot be all things to all people, and there are just some countries that I don't want to be our "friends". Is this arrogance or being realistic? You cannot BUY friends and that is what most countries are looking for, a hand out. Seeking "friends" in the world when you are the most powerful country is foolish. It will only lead to percieved weakness and compromising of our principles.

What countries is she talking about? France? Germany? Russia? They were stealing oil money from the oil for food program helping to starve the people of Iraq. That is why they opposed the war even though Sadam was shooting at our pilots in the no fly zone. They are thieves plain and simple, we need friends like that?

Tell your cousin if it weren't for the USA there would be no freedom in Canida for her to complain about us. We would all be speaking German. Who needs friends that don't recognize what you have done for them? I'm glad you reunited with your cousin, but I think you are alittle giddy about it.

Austraila, Japan, UK, Canada, Czeh Republic, Mexico, and many others are our friends.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:03 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well Stan is our friend in Mexico...
Old 12-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not exactly "giddy" about it; it was simply amazing how opposite we looked at everything, even when we agreed on reasoing.

An example was abortion. We were going through the steps of being a good liberal-
#12- You must be against capital punishment, but find no qualms about abortion.
Her stance was that a baby hadn't had a life yet, so nothing was being lost through abortion, but it is bad to execute somebody because they already have lived a life.
My stance stated the EXACT opposite, but through the same reasoning- a baby doesn't have a life yet, and so you don't know what it will become and so it is wrong to kill it. A capital criminal, however, has already had a chance and screwed up, so what's going to be lost through execution?

We were like that on so many issues we stopped being aggravated by each other eventually- we started laughing hilariously. (Then again, alcohol may have been involved. We were also playing Operation and having fun, so I think I was kind of wasted.)

Neither one of us changed our stances much, trust me. In the end a free market government that stands for its own self-intrest is the most profitible government possible.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by ramlovingvet
Well Stan is our friend in Mexico...
Where oh where is Stan? He is "pouting" due to "Admin" guys cutting a few of his posts or yelling at him about something or other.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:32 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S T A N????? Ohhhh S T A N????
Hmm could be Geico266. Or maybe he stepped on a poptop and blew out his flipflop.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am Canadian and I would like to state for the record that I am in favour of Post-Natal abortion. Think about it.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by greatwhite
I am Canadian and I would like to state for the record that I am in favour of Post-Natal abortion. Think about it.

Now that was funny!