Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Jist Gittin Warmed Up Breakroom 4/19 - 25

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 06:47 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts

It's my fault, I got the boat ready to launch last Friday.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:29 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yup, my fault as well. I cleaned up the Japanese garden in hopes of making it pretty. Thoughts of planting flowers. (hand slamming forehead icon)

half inch of snow yesterday and today. covers the ground now as no sun.

being stubborn I am going to work on my jeep and finish an Adirondack chair. hope enough kerosene in the salamander as I hate frozen tools....

Have a happy one DTR lookers!

Sherod, pat pat pat on the back. hands out a cold beverage and a cleaning rag. might have to repeat the clean out a few times....
Old 04-23-2015, 09:40 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Warm and sunny yesterday, but I had to hide in the shadows like a vampire. Dang drugs.
30° and clear, supposed to be another beautiful day.
Still lining ducks. Strange that my boss, or his boss for that matter hasn't said a word about a fill in. Going to pull in a few favors and see how can jump in on a moments notice.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning everybody from an unusually hot Paradise. It hit 88 degrees yesterday, which is unusually hot for down here, even in summer. Coffee and ph00 is ready
Hmm, you too. I just came in from outside. Working on a dead outlet for the yard lighting. Wasn't there for 5 minutes before the sweat was running in my eyes and couldn't read my meter. Fooey - - - wait for this afternoon when the sun is shaded by the house on the front. Speaking of fooey - - thanks for the ph00(eeee). .........................................................safe trip - - behave.

Good morning to everyone else too - - hope you have a great day.

Bobby
Old 04-23-2015, 03:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Had enough today, throwing in the towel. A few years back, the Spine Doc told me he could fix me once, but not twice, and to get rid of the horses. The Barn lot still had all the gates and fences up. Noticed a rotten post and decided to just take it all down. I got all the posts pulled with the loader, wire is rolled, some of the "extra" stuff that accumulated either hauled or stored out of sight. Oh yea, hauled gravel for the DW. It seems she doesn't like a muddy car.

Would have been less work to keep the horses!

Time for vittles!
Old 04-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi
Final phase of my rt arm shoulder hand repairs completed today.
Had a loose bony piece removed from by rt thumb.
Doc did more then a double take when I said; ' look at its leggs '

4 stitches, achey but better then the nerve zap every time I held a wrench, steering wheels, leggcetera.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:30 PM

Scotty-Some people just don't understand!

Glad you are finally getting back to "normal!"
Old 04-24-2015, 06:39 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning motion men!!!! stretch, bend and no repetitive movements.

heads down Mid West DTR guyz.... scary weather.

it is cold and wet and no sun here. therefore, I must find something to do outside
Old 04-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. I just made fresh coffee and delicious mocha almond ph00. ..........................ummmm, yummy. .................

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Good morning motion men!!!! stretch, bend and no repetitive movements.

heads down Mid West DTR guyz.... scary weather.

it is cold and wet and no sun here. therefore, I must find something to do outside
OK Heidi - - let me get this straight. You are telling me no bike riding today - - is that correct? Too late, kiddo. Already did about 5 miles. No scary weather here, but nice front came thru late yesterday, some rain, some wind, lots of it at the ranch. Light clouds this morning with intermittent sunshine - - decent temp. So, worked on yard lighting with new GFI (man, have those things gone up in price since the last time I bought one - - OUCH), pulled some weeds, transplanted a couple flowers, fussed with the orchids. The one on my desk is gorgeous - - it likes its place of honor. ha ha

OK, refill.............................and gone. Week is almost done - - can't believe it.

Bob

ps: Heidi - - - come on down - - lots to do outside, not cold, beach close by for break, good tools - - - uupppsss, that just blew that............
Old 04-24-2015, 09:12 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts
Another warm (by AK standards) day today. Trying to find sufficient motivation to make it through this day without falling asleep at the keyboard.ZZZZZ
Old 04-24-2015, 09:37 AM

Well, should have figured... Good day yesterday getting things done. Had to go to town this morning for physical therapy. Halfway there, the truck stumbled bad. Kinda coughed as the exhaust brake went full. Next joyous sound was grinding. ALWAYS ran the Ebrake on. This turbo lasted for about a year and a half. Limped into the shop, called the wife. Now waiting on the bad news. Depending, may have to get something else.

Not really feeling the love today....
Old 04-24-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by sherod
Well, should have figured... Good day yesterday getting things done. Had to go to town this morning for physical therapy. Halfway there, the truck stumbled bad. Kinda coughed as the exhaust brake went full. Next joyous sound was grinding. ALWAYS ran the Ebrake on. This turbo lasted for about a year and a half. Limped into the shop, called the wife. Now waiting on the bad news. Depending, may have to get something else.

Not really feeling the love today....
Note to self: "Hey dummy, you noticed excess play in the work truck turbo, get a kit and throw it in."

Chiropractor had a movie night last night. "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." Very funny and informative. Sent DW out to buy a juicer today.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
NORMAL???

I'm juicing twice a day. I watched that movie on netflix.
Cardio is getting strong.

Thumb Numb but not in bum. Dum dee dum dum.

Elder Twin is ok. LOL Compared to what?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
NORMAL???

I'm juicing twice a day. I watched that movie on netflix.
Cardio is getting strong.
Found a copy in the wrapper on fleabay for ten bucks. Grabbed it.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:16 PM

Got the call. Turbo definitely grenaded. Got to fix it, trade or sale at this point, either way I loose big time. $4680. No indications of what caused it at this point.

I've put about 100k on this turbo with no issues. Oh well, sometimes things just stink.

Quick Reply: Jist Gittin Warmed Up Breakroom 4/19 - 25