Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

JANITOR’S BREAKROOM**, WELCOME HOME PISTOL** Navy Coffee. 3/25/07 to 3/31/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 03:59 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
had a no-show for the afternoon shift today,so i get to spend the evenign here instead of at home getting chores done

Oh well too much rain this mornign to get much done outside anyways..
Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Well, I'm battin a thousand.
My $6000 John Deere GT 235 riding mower broke AGAIN today for the fifth time in two years.

Traded the Stihl straight shaft weed eater for a flex shaft even up before I shot it full of holes on the range.

Gotta go see the tax man tomorrow morning.

Gotta go get a root canal tomorrow afternoon.

And I'm on vacation to boot. Anyone want to trade places?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang, slow night.... oh... I forgot.... NCIS is on then, The Unit. Only the best night on T.V.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
NCI...what? What's TV?

Rough night tonight. Kids are driving me up the wall, and I am trying really hard to be a good parrent, and not yell or get on to them for being kids. I have been nice to them, but I'm on edge. No peace until now. Guess I'll start my stuff now. At 2100... I need a vacation. Maybe I'll take it when my leg lamp gets here...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Redleg
Dang, slow night.... oh... I forgot.... NCIS is on then, The Unit. Only the best night on T.V.
Both reruns.

phox
Old 03-27-2007, 08:32 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Dangit Phox, ya beat me. Ya both reruns. My day went from horrible to great. Got my phone bill all fixed. Work was an adventure today. I felt like I crammed a week's worth of work into 10 hours. WHAT A JOY!

THEN!!! I came home to a package addressed "MADHAT"!!! Man, I OWE you! Turkey for supper. Then the gym. I'll be back later folks!!!

HOORAH!
JB OUT!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:39 PM

Got some white stuff falling from the sky. I hope we get all 8" as promised. Just took the studded snow tires off the commuter car too, figures.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by jbjarko
Dangit Phox, ya beat me. Ya both reruns. My day went from horrible to great. Got my phone bill all fixed. Work was an adventure today. I felt like I crammed a week's worth of work into 10 hours. WHAT A JOY!

THEN!!! I came home to a package addressed "MADHAT"!!! Man, I OWE you! Turkey for supper. Then the gym. I'll be back later folks!!!

HOORAH!
JB OUT!
Speaking of Madhat and mail, you should be getting an envelope any day now.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:31 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Sheesh! I am NOT feeling the love here, Fellas

All these packages and such zippin' back and forth....I send stuff out and get no appreciation for the thought (SCOTT, 'whaa whaa I can't sleep cause Heidi sent me vitamins' - want some cheese with that whine?)

I retire AGAIN, and people still want me to work (nice thought though)

well, my car LOVES me- it got the annual bumper to bumper fix and everything went right (secondary fuel filter was wrong part though). Harley fired right up yesterday, log grapple blew an interior line but all logs down then.

I get to round up the aerosol cans and shoot 'em to take to the scrap yard for tin. with all the mechanical stuff here, that figures to about 300 cans.
Got 99 percent of upstairs all cleaned and organized, floor level about 85 percent done and on to the basement for rendering. some to Ebay, some to donation and big decision to scrap the rest. just a day to organize the shop tools.....
koi in the pond are ready for Spring, about a thousand new ones at the edges. wonder what the big uns look like? they don't need to come to the surface anymore. beautiful colors though.....

busy week made better by the sunshine!

MADHAT- what the heck is a leg lamp? marines have weird sex, man.....
Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 PM
DTR College Boy and FUN SIZED!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Thanks Heidi, you just made my night.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:06 PM

My guess is that the leg lamp is a reference to "A Christmas Story" when the old man gets his special prize. Must be Italian
Old 03-27-2007, 11:36 PM

I retire AGAIN, and people still want me to work (nice thought though)

well, my car LOVES me- it got the annual bumper to bumper fix and everything went right (secondary fuel filter was wrong part though). Harley fired right up yesterday, log grapple blew an interior line but all logs down then.

If your talking about the gvt job with the firedeparftment, looks more like an expence paid vacation

The "Leg Lamp" is a major prize that "You'll shoot your eye out Ralphy's" dad one in the movie "Christmas Story." The fishnet stocking clad leg was put in the front window of their house. All the neighbors gatherd to stare at it. Wife hate it, and it accidently got broke. Unable to glue it to gether.
Move is a Chrismas classic. I have a small leg lamp from my son-in-law. It is storage in AZ or I'd post a pix. You gotta see the movie.

DieselDude That is not what vacations are for. No my wife did not buy Murphy a one way ticket to visit you.

JBJaracko, great your day turned out good. They can get better and better.

MadHat, hey, the kids will grow up, you only got 25 or so more years of it.

Wife still doing school work. Long nights for her, and I help a little sometimes.
Not much tho, look up stuff, and no brainers.
She did get a new Laptop at work, Has XP on it. Now got to load the applications.

Have a good evening, and be safe out there.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:55 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas

Eyelids failed open at 0200. Wish I knew what was going on. 5 hours of shuteye and wide awake.
Finish up rifle and pistol matches Sunday. Go TDY to Ft. Campbell, KY Tuesday, Redstone Arsenal, AL the next week, and down south the next. ( I want to go home)
is ready.

Shortround out
Old 03-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
YAOUCH!!! Coffee's scalding this morning. Scott, you been tinkering with the pot?

Careful about opening weird packages in the mail from strange people...
HOORAH! JB OUT!
Drop the "H" and you'll be cool...
Originally Posted by Duallydog
Speaking of Madhat and mail, you should be getting an envelope any day now.
Check, rog. Thanx...
All these packages and such zippin' back and forth....I send stuff out and get no appreciation for the thought. MADHAT- what the heck is a leg lamp? marines have weird sex, man.....
Heidi, may I please have your address so I can send you something? Or call the waaahmbulance and tell them which house to go to? They'll bring a waah burger and some french cries... See below for the lamp explanation. It's the major award that I got from the DTR...
Thanks Heidi, you just made my night.
"Oh, madhat, you're a great guy, thanks a lot.... Now I'm going to laugh at you..." Thanks, buddy...
Originally Posted by t_george77
My guess is that the leg lamp is a reference to "A Christmas Story" when the old man gets his special prize. Must be Italian
Ding ding ding!! We have a winner! German, actually...
Originally Posted by dssimecek
The "Leg Lamp" is a major prize that "You'll shoot your eye out Ralphy's" dad one in the movie "Christmas Story." The fishnet stocking clad leg was put in the front window of their house. All the neighbors gatherd to stare at it. Wife hate it, and it accidently got broke. Unable to glue it to gether.
Another winner!! Who said oil burners were dumb... If my wife breaks my truck, she's out...
Originally Posted by dssimecek
MadHat, hey, the kids will grow up, you only got 25 or so more years of it.
Thanks. That's the comfort I was looking for. At least they are all boys.

SR, good to see you. Want a big hammer? That'll help you sleep...
Love the DTR!! You guys are swell!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All these packages and such zippin' back and forth....I send stuff out and get no appreciation for the thought (SCOTT, 'whaa whaa I can't sleep cause Heidi sent me vitamins' - want some cheese with that whine?)
I can't win. Just for the record; IT WASN'T THE VITAMINS THAT KEPT ME AWAKE!!!

The coffee IS hot this mornin'! Who's been messin' with the pot again? Nearly burned my moustache off with this stuff!

This day just keeps gettin' better an' better!

chaikwa.

Quick Reply: JANITOR’S BREAKROOM**, WELCOME HOME PISTOL** Navy Coffee. 3/25/07 to 3/31/07