Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

It's Snowing In South Texas!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's Snowing In South Texas!!!!!

Well this very rare it has been snowing here since this afternoon. wehave about 6 to 8 inches on the ground now and still snowing and this is great!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2004, 11:40 PM
Banned

Man your lucky I have been wishing for snow probably won't happen this year
Old 12-25-2004, 01:51 AM

you can have it all....

Will be a different Christmas in South Texas this year ! Have a good one guys.
Old 12-25-2004, 02:20 AM

i know that right it will probly all be melted by tomrrow afternoon thanks and merry christmas
Old 12-25-2004, 02:49 AM

Who'da ever thunk it? A genuine honest-to-goodness "White Christmas" in Corpus Christi Texas!!! It even came with lightning and thunder, which I understand is rather unusual for a snowy winter storm...
Not only is this likely to go down as be the most snow ever in 150+ years, it is definitely the first ever on Christmas! It (almost) makes up for those insufferable summers we have down here...
What a wonderous, special blessing from The Lord! My 3 kids have NEVER seen snow before! Not even a single flake! They have been agitating to go see some snow this year... I guess I am off the hook now, aren't I?
Today my twin girls said " We don't need any presents!, The snow has been our present!" (we have the wet gloves, socks, shoes to prove it!)
I took a picture of my CTD covered with a real thick blanket of snow. I never expected to experience that "snow in the drivers seat" syndrome that you guys up North talk about.. Now I know, first hand! That could get really old real quick! But we'll likely never experience this ever again down here...
I'll post the pic at another time! I am tired and sleepy. Got a big day in the morning.
The Lord's blessings on all of you this Christmas, and to all a good night..

Keith
Old 12-25-2004, 04:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My son is stationed in Corpus. He called last night and told me about the snow. His leave got cancelled, so he was thinking he would miss snow for Christmas. SUPRISE!

Everyone be safe and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS

Ed
Old 12-25-2004, 05:06 AM

My Daughter called from Wharton TX said they were geting some snow! My granddaughter is getting a go cart this morning so she'll be out doing dounuts in the stuff! Takes after her gammoo, drives her parents nuts! I love it

Merry Christmas ya'll!
Old 12-25-2004, 05:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Flashdancr
[B]My Daughter called from Wharton TX said they were geting some snow! My granddaughter is getting a go cart this morning so she'll be out doing dounuts in the stuff! Takes after her gammoo, drives her parents nuts! I love it

Aint they supposed too?????
Old 12-25-2004, 05:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sherod
[B]
Originally posted by Flashdancr
My Daughter called from Wharton TX said they were geting some snow! My granddaughter is getting a go cart this morning so she'll be out doing dounuts in the stuff! Takes after her gammoo, drives her parents nuts! I love it

Aint they supposed too?????
Yep! I told my daughter when she was PG that I was going to teach my grandchild lots of good stuff! Like here's two cookies sweetheart eat one and smash the other one in mommy’s carpet. I buy the loudest most annoying toys I can find too! Being a grandparent is a blast!
Old 12-25-2004, 06:01 AM

Yea, us too. The other day my daughter was over with the 3 yr old. She was real impressed when he came in and said "My boots are covered in horse poop just like Grandpa's".

He just HAD to help clean the stalls. Too bad they were on the way to town.

Ya Gotta love'em.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup,

Christmas mornin 8:40 am, still snowin here in laredo, since yesterday, this is probably the only snow we will see for a very long time, nice to know that we have a different christmas for a change...

TxDiesel007
Old 12-25-2004, 09:25 AM

No doubt, the Lord is smiling on South Texas! To get snow here is rare. Waking up to a White Christmas is something dreams are made of. We drove up from the Corpus area to north Houston yesterday. We went through Warton and El Campo just as is was starting to snow. El Campo got 7 inches! I have grand kids in Bay City and they got 8 inches. This will definately be a Christmas they will remember! Merry Christmas everyone! Have a great day!
Old 12-25-2004, 10:12 AM

they said we had 7" last night in victoria. It was still snowing when i went to bed a 3.00 am this morning there are some places in my yard that it is to the top of my rubber boots hav some pictures going to try to post them .
Old 12-25-2004, 10:25 AM

We have only had two brown Christmases here. They just aren't right. Hope all who got their white Christmas are enjoying it while it lasts. Snowmen, snowball fights, snow angels. And don't forget to take pictures. This will be a Christmas day dreams are made of.

Remember to keep a light right foot . 'Cause the back end will want to come up and see what the front end is doing. Right NOW.

And just a note, the people not laughing and playing in the snowwill be the ones who came to TX to get away from it. Enjoy!
Old 12-25-2004, 01:46 PM

thats cool....about time you guys got a taste of snow.....

Quick Reply: It's Snowing In South Texas!!!!!