Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Its only a cat, but still hard a hard decision>

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very sorry to hear the news, like others have said its not just a cat if the critter has a place in your heart then its part of the family. know how you feel, had to put down my 14 yr old black lab back in August, not easy to do as he was my best friend.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:31 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by LUKE-MM-PULLER
In 15 min I have to go to the Vets office to say goodbye to a member of the family, my long haired calico buddy Jinx. She's only been with us for 2 years but she brought so much joy with her. As tough as I try to act I have tears in my eyes. This house wont be the same without her.
My 2yr old cat "Link" (Seal Point Lynx) was run over (Probably me, backing out of the driveway in the Keisel.) a few weeks ago. It wasn't his first time, the wife got him when he was a youngin' with the Patriot, but he escaped unscathed that time.

Anyways he was missing for 2 days when the wife found him dehydrated with a broken/dislocated right rear leg in our neighbors Bird of Paradise. She took him to the Vet, she returned after a $750.00 bill, they said he needs his leg amputated, not repairable it would be another few hundred bucks, but they don't provide that service and would recommend a Vet.

I told her that I would have put him down, she replied I know, that's why I took him and not you.

Every Vet she phoned either refused to perform the surgery or wanted $1400-$2000 to do it.

After about 2 weeks of $92.00 a week pain killers we tried A.R.F.

Fortunately A.R.F. was able to do it for us as a charity type situation for $250.00 plus $100.00 in additional pain killers. He gets his stitches out this Monday, I have to admit I'm glad she didn't listen to me...3 legged Cats are awesome, they look and walk like the aliens from Spielberg's War of the Worlds, especially since he's still shaved.

Anyways, I'm sorry for your loss and I understand what you're going through in retrospect, thanks to my wife not listening to me.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:21 AM

Received 451 Likes on 343 Posts
I also know what its like. I had Cougar for almost 20 years. It was like living with a 2 year old all that time. You had to lover her but some times you just wanted to ,,,,! It was like loosing your own child. She's gone, but her antics will live on.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the support guys. She was a member of our family and our 5 month old daughter just loved her, and that cat would sleep in would sleep in the babies room on the floor by the crib. I was just amazed at how smart that cat was, she would actually open the door on the wall clock and stopped the pendulum.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:35 AM

Cats can be very smart, great problem solving skills, except when there is a laser pointer involved, the eyes widen then all brain activity seems to cease and they go nuts. My girlfriend is a vet tech and we adopted 2 hilariously fun to watch kittens, refreshing to have the new energy in the house since I lost my black lab Lucas in August.