Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Its Official

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Well the good news is, WALKING PNEUMONIA IS NOT CONTAGIOUS"

Only if your walking
Old 12-27-2005, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by iker42
Well my mommy made me go to the doctor because my cold* got really bad. Got there and found out many things... 1. I lost 8 pounds from being sick. 2.I have a 100.3 fever. and 3. I have "Walking Pneumonia"(Again)..
So im sitting here coughing like a smoker and not bringing a single thing up...
Guys If your cold gets outta hand, Go see a doctor befor you end up like me...

Be back in a few days when I can breath without felling as if I'm gonna hack up a lung..

GoingtobedandsettingthealarmclockforthePATsgame Mike

I had walking pneumonia before. Had a fever and felt lousy so then you rest for a few days, start feeling better and figure it's time to get off the bed.

Then after a day or two of getting back to work it all comes right back.

That bout put me in the hosptial for a week. Six months later I acquired a bad case of lobar pneumonia, in the middle of summer no less.

Haven't had it since.

Bottom line:

Make sure you kill it before you get back on your feet. Take a long rest.

DT.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Banned

My senior year in high school I got sicker than poop and ended up coming down with mono! That is an experience I wish to never have to encounter ever again. I was down and out for almost 8 months, being so exhausted I could only stay awake for a few hours at a time and then go back to sleep for 15. I feel like I missed a whole year of my life because of that, not to mention almost my whole entire senior year because I didn't have enough energy to go to school. All I could do or wanted to do was sleep, just had enough juice in me to get up eat some food, drive to school to get my assignments and then come back home and go to bed. That stuff sucks!!

That was probably the worst experience of my life.............well besides getting divorced.....BUT that's a whole other subject

Get well there IKER, nothing like being sick over the holidays!! Hope you feel better soon bud!

~Nick
Old 12-27-2005, 07:42 PM

This may not work everyone but I've come up with a solution that sure works for me. I installed a dry infrared sauna in my house a couple of years ago and it stops coughs, runny noses, and other cold-like miseries immediately. I set the temperature for 140 deg. F and sit in the sauna for an hour. It dries out my sinus and apparently kills off a lot of stuff that can't stand the high temperature. It's great therapy for the skin. It leaves my skin very smooth and oily. Any soreness is also reduced. It is a great to come in "cold to the bone" and get "warm to the bone". The only thing it doesn't do is help with a lower back problem. (I don't sell these things).
Old 12-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop-Pop
This may not work everyone but I've come up with a solution that sure works for me. I installed a dry infrared sauna in my house a couple of years ago and it stops coughs, runny noses, and other cold-like miseries immediately. I set the temperature for 140 deg. F and sit in the sauna for an hour. It dries out my sinus and apparently kills off a lot of stuff that can't stand the high temperature. It's great therapy for the skin. It leaves my skin very smooth and oily. Any soreness is also reduced. It is a great to come in "cold to the bone" and get "warm to the bone". The only thing it doesn't do is help with a lower back problem. (I don't sell these things).
How did you build it?
Old 12-27-2005, 08:26 PM

IKER42:

I didn't build it but it would be a fairly simple thing to do. I took the easy, but costly way, and bought it in a knocked down unit which took about 4 hours to assemble. Mine is 72" long, 42" wide and 75" high. It set me back $4000 but you could probably build one with the proper parts for $1000 and make it fit your specific space. Check the internet for ideas & parts. I do recommend the dry infrared sauna. There is no moisture or venting issues plus, the infrared heaters penetrate the body very deeply without cooking the outer layer of skin.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I'll check the net for ideas
Old 12-28-2005, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Pop-Pop
Very interresting... It might be a clue as why I'm staying so healthy... The air in the houses here are fairly dry from the wood heat. As well in the CTD the heater seems to dry the air by runninng the A/C... hmmmm... Interresting...