Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Its Official

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Its Official

Well my mommy made me go to the doctor because my cold* got really bad. Got there and found out many things... 1. I lost 8 pounds from being sick. 2.I have a 100.3 fever. and 3. I have "Walking Pneumonia"(Again)..
So im sitting here coughing like a smoker and not bringing a single thing up...
Guys If your cold gets outta hand, Go see a doctor befor you end up like me...

Be back in a few days when I can breath without felling as if I'm gonna hack up a lung..

GoingtobedandsettingthealarmclockforthePATsgame Mike
Old 12-26-2005, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to the doc after having a fever, etc. He takes a quick look and then tells me, "You've got pnuemonia." Great. Had to take some medicine for a few days but am good to go now.

Moral of the story. Don't wait too long before you have things checked out, may be more than a cold.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by grantx5
I went to the doc after having a fever, etc. He takes a quick look and then tells me, "You've got pnuemonia." Great. Had to take some medicine for a few days but am good to go now.

Moral of the story. Don't wait too long before you have things checked out, may be more than a cold.
Don't need nunna that 'storebought' stuff.
Ya jes' need to travel up to Top's Magic Mountain Apothecary and General Store for a 1/2 gallon or so of his "Spring Tonic".
It's good for what ails ya, and useful fer snakebites n' such.
It'll also take the chrome finish off a 39 Chevy bumper.

Hope you're feelin' better soon.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Banned

been there man...back in 03 i got walking pnuemonia which then landed me a 4 day stay in the hospital over new years because i thought i was tough enough to not see a doctor for my cold/flu.

took me 2 months to recover completely and get all my strength back and the doc even said i nearly died. my blood oxygen level was low enough to that i was close to being put on a breathing machine...no wonder i was so weak! dont take this stuff lightly, it can put you down for the count.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
been there man...back in 03 i got walking pnuemonia which then landed me a 4 day stay in the hospital over new years because i thought i was tough enough to not see a doctor for my cold/flu.

took me 2 months to recover completely and get all my strength back and the doc even said i nearly died. my blood oxygen level was low enough to that i was close to being put on a breathing machine...no wonder i was so weak! dont take this stuff lightly, it can put you down for the count.
yeah...this is the 2nd time i've had it...so i knew at this point that it was back..
Old 12-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Banned

yup, well take care and stay healthy, i was just posting my experience as a warning to others as well. i have a cold now that is actually getting to the worry stages of whether its just a head cold or if its going to my chest. if it gets worse by the morning ill be at the doctor ASAP. right now its just coughin, runny nose, head stuffed up
Old 12-26-2005, 08:07 PM

G e t __ W e l l __ I k e r 4 2 ! ! !

As for me I'm counting my lucky stars... I'm going on to my 4th year without a cold now! Not even a sniffle... I'm just eating right, trying to keep active, and saying a few prayers when I can...

Stay away from little kids if you can... They seem to bring the colds home for ya...
Old 12-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mopar1973man
G e t __ W e l l __ I k e r 4 2 ! ! !

As for me I'm counting my lucky stars... I'm going on to my 4th year without a cold now! Not even a sniffle... I'm just eating right, trying to keep active, and saying a few prayers when I can...

Stay away from little kids if you can... They seem to bring the colds home for ya...
Lol thanx...i'll try
Old 12-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mopar1973man
I think Iker's just a puppy himself, ain't he?

Get well there Iker! I had it too an' as you know, it ain't no fun. You might wanna try some of the coffee in the breakroom. That usually breaks things up pretty good!

Hey Shovel, where'd you get a pic of me from??? I thought alla those got destroyed in the Katastrofic... katistr... catus... BIG flood!

chaikwa.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iker42
Well my mommy made me go to the doctor because my cold* got really bad. Got there and found out many things... 1. I lost 8 pounds from being sick. 2.I have a 100.3 fever. and 3. I have "Walking Phenomia"(Again)..
So im sitting here coughing like a smoker and not bringing a single thing up...
Guys If your cold gets outta hand, Go see a doctor befor you end up like me...

Be back in a few days when I can breath without felling as if I'm gonna hack up a lung..

GoingtobedandsettingthealarmclockforthePATsgame Mike
Get well soon man!

I know what u feel like....

Tx
Old 12-26-2005, 10:28 PM

Wow a buncha sick people...My turn to go to the doc tomorrow...Feels like I have mono for the second time in 3 years and I think I also have an ear infection to add onto that!

Hope everyone gets to feeling better!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 AM

With all you sick folks ... I'm afraid to log on to the DTR for fear of gettin ill.

No major illness for me in the past few years ... don't need nothing now. I'm a big ol' baby when I get sick and don't have wifey to nurse me back to health (just an Army doc with a veterinarian degree and HUGE fingers).

Stock up on the fluids and get some rest ... 2006 is right around the corner and you are gonna need your enery for this one !!!

PISTOL
Old 12-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Banned

With all you sick folks ... I'm afraid to log on to the DTR for fear of gettin ill.
Well the good news is, WALKING PNEUMONIA IS NOT CONTAGIOUS

Mike
Old 12-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Banned

I never knew there was good news about walking pneumonia.

I am really glad right now that I have never been really sick in my 23 years.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:00 AM

hmmmm never sick... displacetexan you ever seen the movie "unbreakable"? lol

Quick Reply: Its Official