Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

It's just about here. Price of Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by PistolWhipt
They give the military members fuel coupons for the ESSO stations so that we don't get gouged so bad.

PISTOL

That is one of the things that is making my butt hurt so much.

All of the military bases I have been on in the last 10 years all have agreements with the local economy. The price for fuel on base will be comparable to the prices outside the base. Why? So the local economy doesn't loose fuel sales. Tough ****!! It's one of the benefits for me to be able to buy a FEW things that are a little cheaper, and fuel use to be one of them.

Now, just because the fuel outside the base is going up, they raise the price ON the base?!?! And I know the prices for fuel purchased by the government was set a LONG time ago (it could be because of the privatization of federal contracts, but I doubt it).

OK, getting down off the soapbox, I am done now.

Old 08-06-2005, 08:02 AM

I saw #2 diesel around Vilseck at 0.899 euro / liter. Regular unleaded 1.249/ liter.
That was the lo price. Some stations 1.089 / liter for diesel. That is somewhere around $4.00 / US gal.
Not cheap.

Old 08-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Banned

well around here it gave a feint of dropping and then started creeping back up .... there is a nice little site that has prices based by where you are, too bad I am no wheres near the cheap stations.... might look into seeing if there is a similar site for the rest of you. closest station for me would be 2.22, but thats a 25 minute drive just to try to find the place. http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=D
Old 08-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Three posts have been removed for failure to adhere to site posting rules.

Please review:

You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shovelhead
Three posts have been removed for failure to adhere to site posting rules.
Thanx Ed, I'm stuck on overnights so I was asleep all day.

phox
Old 08-07-2005, 12:12 AM

$2.259 here..... even at that, I burned over $300.00 this week...... its starting to get stupid..... Just glad it wasn't any higher around here...... I was upset with that price... maybe I shouldnt say anything and just hope it stays this way....
Old 08-07-2005, 12:18 AM

Well, it is $2.95 a gallon at one of the mom 'n pop type stations here in Oceanside, CA. The big stations are charging between $2.99 and $3.10. I will definitely be riding the motorcycle more.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:46 AM

Sorry Ed & Phox ... I knew better

PISTOL