Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

It's been said before but Timinva is the man!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been said before but Timinva is the man!!!

Many of you know I was getting a new truck but had a hard time letting the 03 go with all the good stuff on it. I finally bought a new 07 on E-bay and was going to trade the 03 in since I couldn't find a buyer. The 03 was going to be going in with a DTT trans, Formula1 injectors, HTB2 turbo, and FASS pump.

My friend Timinva offered to pull my turbo and swap it for a stock one he had and in return he wanted my billet output shaft. I said fine, it was going with the truck anyways so we scheduled to do the swaps Saturday morning at 7:00. I got home from work Friday and played with my kids for a couple hours and set out on my drive to Virginia Beach 3 hours away. On the way down I called Tim to see if we could do it at 6:00 instead of 7:00 because I still had to drive 5+ hours to the dealership in North Carolina and get the new truck. We had about 5 hours of work to do and I didn't want to push it. When I called Tim at 10:00PM he was on his way home from the track in his 12.6 second 110mph 06 CTD. He said "Hey man, what do you think about doing this tonight? That way if there are any snags we have plenty of time to still get done." I said Hell yes! I won't be able to sleep anyways tonight! We started working at 12:00 am.
Now, 2-Stroke was supposed to meet me there in the morning and swap wheels out with me so I wouldn't have to trade the PW wheels in. I had called him at 10:30pm with an urgent message that if we couldn't get it done tonight then it wouldn't be able to happen. I was unable to contact him but did leave him a message. He finally called me about 12:30 and said he would be there.
Tim and I started working on the turbo. The 03s are a real pain because the wastegate on the HTB2 hits the motor mount so we had to loosen the whole exhaust manifold to get enough play to pry it off. 2-Stroke showed up as we had just buttoned everything up at almost 2:00am. We switched all the wheels around and 2-Stroke left at 2:30am. I was getting tires because I had been up since 4:30 am on Friday and I tried to talk Tim out of doing the output shaft but the truck was on the lift and he said it was only 3 hours and doing this would save me money so I agreed.
We started tearing the truck apart to get the OD unit off of the truck. I swear to God I knocked my head on the lift about 10 times not to mention that I wasn't holding the driveshaft tight enough when he pulled the carrier bearing mount bolts out and that came down on my noggin too!! We ended up getting done at 4:30am. Tim probably would have gotten it done sooner without my help! We pulled the trans pan off, refilled the fluid, and test drove the truck. Everything was fine.
So after being up for 24 hours I started my 320 mile trip to Elkin NC. I was fine for about an hour and then I started going crosseyed so I decided to pull off somewhere and get some sleep. I slept for about one hour before a tractor pulled in next to me and woke me up. I felt better so I hit the road. I got to the dealership at 11:00am and was out the door at 11:45. Now, I had spoken before about the salesperson being easy on the eyes. Men, this girl was SMOKIN HOT!!!!! I would have bought a second truck from her if she had asked!!! She took a picture of me with the truck and I was going to try to get one of her but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so I didn't ask.
I had to make a detour on the way home a couple hours out of the way but it paid for my fuel so I didn't care. I got home at 7:30 pm and now she's in the driveway waiting for me to start putting parts on her... I can't believe that I'm up at 5:30am!!!!!!!
So, I'll be posting pictures once I get some stuff on it. I ordered some genuine MOPAR accessories since my little honey gave me a great price on those too. That's another $800.00 but I have to wait for them to arrive!! They even gave me an extra $500 on my trade for some reason!! I was happy about that seeing that I turned the truck in with tires with very little tread on them. Heck, they didn't even look at the truck......
Old 10-01-2006, 07:51 AM

That's awesome man. Glad you like your new truck. I know you gotta be tired, makes my head hurt just thinking about all that. Maybe she can be the official DTR truck sales girl!

Yes, Tim in Va is the man, for sure. He'll be working on my truck again soon, I hope...
Old 10-01-2006, 11:23 AM

He'll be under this one soon......
Old 10-01-2006, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
He'll be under this one soon......
Tim is the man for sure.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Tim is indeed a classy guy And if you have had the pleasure of meeting his father, you know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Good people and I am proud to call them both my friend.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
midnight mechanics... aint none better!
Old 10-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just approved the pics and That is one sweet looking truck Mike!

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Tim is indeed a classy guy And if you have had the pleasure of meeting his father, you know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Good people and I am proud to call them both my friend.
I couldn't have said it better!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:12 AM

Thanks buddy. I like it....
Old 10-04-2006, 11:26 AM

What is the name of his shop?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:40 AM

Too bad he's not TiminCA. There doesn't seem to be many people/shops around here who really know the powertrain of the Dodge trucks. At least the suspension gurus are local.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by misplacedtxn
What is the name of his shop?
Here's his webpage: http://www.trediesel.com/
Old 10-04-2006, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
Too bad he's not TiminCA. There doesn't seem to be many people/shops around here who really know the powertrain of the Dodge trucks. At least the suspension gurus are local.
TiminVa *is* the man =P

Once I get back out of debt I'm going so send that man some more go fast money