Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

IRT deadliest roads...Anybody else watching?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:08 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kerry.king
Well, guys, don't elieve everything you see on tv. I'm working in williston North Dakota right now for a very large energy services company, and we have a gentleman who was on ice road truckers for one season. He is supposedly our trucking guru. He's a total moron. I and many other fellas working here have more miles going backwards than this dude has going forward. I've had numerous new hands come to me with questions that they took too him first, and he told them some of the most assinine hooey I've ever heard in my life!!! Beware the television my friends. It is definately nowhere near the truth. Oh, and I've not just worked here in N.D., I've run the oil field roads in CO. UT. NM. and drove in Angola, Kuwait, (When I was in the USMC), Somalia, Kazikstan, Iraq, Georgia,(In the former USSR), and Azerbajian. So I kinda know a few things...
Just my 2 cents...
other than everyone in Baku parking on the sidewalks making people walk in the streets, most of the former soviet states are pretty good. traffic is light.
One of the Egyptians here said the way to drive in Cairo is to look forward, dont look at anyone else. If they see you looking at them, they know you know they are there and that gives them the right of way. Just act like they dont exist and they might yield.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
that looks pretty safe.
I mean, one is wearing a helmet and there are only four on the bike. no one is on a hand phone.
I passed on scooter (moped) in indonesia. one kid (about the size on the bike pictured) standing on dads feet holding onto the handle bars, dad on the phone, another smaller kid between mom and dad. Mom holding a baby and on another hand phone.
Very true.

I saw another that I didn't get a picture of. They had two small kids sandwiched between the adults. The woman was on the tail end of the seat, no helmet of course.

And it's funny to see all of the carpooling on the mopeds. The driver has a regular motorcycle helmet, but the passenger(s) either have nothing or some kind of makeshift helmet. I saw plenty of guys in shirts and ties wearing hard-hats riding on the back of mopeds.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:00 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

speaking of carpoooling.
120 kph between Cairo and Alexandria
Attached Thumbnails IRT deadliest roads...Anybody else watching?-100_2022sm.jpg  
Old 10-12-2010, 07:36 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by kerry.king
Well, guys, don't elieve everything you see on tv. I'm working in williston North Dakota right now for a very large energy services company, and we have a gentleman who was on ice road truckers for one season. He is supposedly our trucking guru. He's a total moron. I and many other fellas working here have more miles going backwards than this dude has going forward. I've had numerous new hands come to me with questions that they took too him first, and he told them some of the most assinine hooey I've ever heard in my life!!! Beware the television my friends. It is definately nowhere near the truth. Oh, and I've not just worked here in N.D., I've run the oil field roads in CO. UT. NM. and drove in Angola, Kuwait, (When I was in the USMC), Somalia, Kazikstan, Iraq, Georgia,(In the former USSR), and Azerbajian. So I kinda know a few things...
Just my 2 cents...
I don't remember anybody here accusing ANY of them as being a trucking ghuru. They obviously have a lack of intelligence when they put themselves in some of the situations they show, just to gain a buck.