Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Iraq, Sept. 11th, and Vice-Prez. Debate?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Logistically speaking your idea of pulling out and then going back in would be a dangerous and expensive mistake. can you imagine how much it costs to get the people and equipment into place?
Expensive, no problem.

Just raise taxes.

We middle class don't pay our fair share you know.

Them vice presidential canditates even said so.
Apparantly the uber rich are supporting the whole country.

phox
Old 10-05-2004, 11:23 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by phox_mulder
I'm beginning to feel that same way.

In no way am I saying I don't support the troops over there though, just not the reasons so much anymore.

Yes, Saddam is a very bad man. (should have been taken out covertly years ago, but that's another subject)
Yes, there were WMD's even if they can't be found.
Yes, terrorists were trained in and partly funded by Iraq.

The "Powers that Be" that allowed this are no longer in power.

It's to the point where we're not accomplishing much,
time to bug out and let the Iraqis pull their country back together.

Yes, in the beginning we needed to be there, but now, not really.
We'd need to keep a close eye on things, but from afar,
and be swift in keeping any of the original reasons from popping up again.

phox
I disagree with you on this one Phox, for the very same reasons Top pointed out. You can't expect us to pull out of that country now just because we're having a hard time right now. Those who waiver are those who are weak when times get tough. I'm sorry, but to pull out now would be such a horrible mistake that it would measure 10.0 on the Richtor scale. It would completely ruin any kind of stablization that exists not only in Iraq now, but in the entire middle east.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:25 PM
DTR Founder

Originally posted by phox_mulder
Maybe, and maybe not.

If we pull out and all matter of heck breaks out, then we go back in and put the smack down.

If we pull out, and by some act of God or Allah, or whomever, they manage ok by themselves, then great.

They've had the taste of freedom, we just have to give them the chance to run with it.

The folks that celebrated when we took down the regime have to outnumber the choice few that like to behead infidels.

Do we really know the state of things over there.
The only things we see and hear of are what the media want's to show us.
Beheadings and chaos make much better news than boring everyday life type stuff that has to be going on.

Must make this clear.
I fully support the troops.

I fully support the war.

The war ended a number of months ago, it is now babysitting.
And we're losing babysitters we really shouldn't be.

phox
Sorry Phox, but to leave now without teaching them how to police themselves is an atrocity in and of itself.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack,

I just want to say a BIG THANK-YOU for taking the time to write a very nice, detailed reply in response to all of my questions and thoughts. You come across as a very fair and very informed individual.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Thus ends the lesson.

Don't I sound a lot like Kerry and Edwards?

I gotta go stand in the corner now, I really need a time out.

Signing off for at least 12 hours, don't beat me up too much before I get back.

phox
Old 10-05-2004, 11:30 PM
DTR Founder

Originally posted by jlells01
Jack,

I just want to say a BIG THANK-YOU for taking the time to write a very nice, detailed reply in response to all of my questions and thoughts. You come across as a very fair and very informed individual.
Thank you

So have I convinced you yet?
Old 10-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Banned

You re-convinced me.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:10 AM
DTR Founder

Come on Democrats! Where are your responses?!?!? I see the insults you've thrown toward Cheney in the other debate threads but when it comes to real issues, you all seem to be silent. Its been like this for 5 days now. What gives, liberals?
Old 10-06-2004, 07:39 AM

Is anyone aware of the International Criminal Court? This has been in the works for sometime now. Earlier this year Bush did not renew the U.S. citizen immunity from this court. I know folks don't quite trust CNN, but there is other infor from other sources out there.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/...&w=RTR&coview=

Also, is anyone aware that there is now going to be an international monitoring team in place to monitor our elections in November?
Old 10-06-2004, 08:09 AM

So far we have not had any more 9-11 type events in the US. WHY........

Because our farsighted President has tied up all the terrorists time in Iraq.

We hear the media saying the terrorists are pouring into Iraq daily. Sounds like

someone planned for that "Bush/Cheney"

Do we want them pouring into the USA ???

If the terrorists lose Iraq (and they will with Bush/Cheney) A democratic Iraq

emerges and they lose big time. Middle East peace on the horizon.... Maybe.

SKerry wants more countries in the coalition? Who, France and Germany. He says

He will defend the USA first, but also says with global support. I dont think you

can have it both ways. How many countries has he ****** off so far with his

campaining? Can you **** them off one day, and get them to back you the next.

Does this support his claim that "He has the power/wisdom to attract them to be

coalition partners". I don't see that happening.

Kerry is a very "indecisive" person. When will he act? After we lose how many

thousands upon thousands. Our military is currently fighting and winning with all

the weapons systems he voted against.

A vote for John & John (Flip & Flop) will be inviting death & destruction onto the

streets of your hometown. Bush/Cheney have clearly shown they will NOT allow

that to occur.

Why are there so many former military personel speaking out against Kerry?

If he were the true hero he portrays of himself, wouldn't they stand beside him.

hmm. must be more to the story that good John doesn't want to tell.

How does it look on the world platform for Kerry to be calling Bush a liar?

I believe that it makes Americans as a whole out to be liars. Smart politian Kerry

yea right. This idiot is doing more damage than can be fixed in 30 years.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Chapter President

Does Edwards have any original thoughts? Everything seemed to be "Senator sKerry and I...".

To me, Edwards seemed immature, giggly and unsure of some of the things he said. At times he seemed to have taken the stance of an ambulance chasing lawyer.

Just IMHO,
Old 10-06-2004, 08:50 AM

Originally posted by crobtex
Does Edwards have any original thoughts? Everything seemed to be "Senator sKerry and I...".

To me, Edwards seemed immature, giggly and unsure of some of the things he said. At times he seemed to have taken the stance of an ambulance chasing lawyer.

Just IMHO,
I'm not exaggerating here, but polls in NC show he would not win his seat in the senate if he was running for reelection, even before he accepted the VP running mate spot.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:27 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Like the way he scooped up his kids and moved to the lime-light for glamor shots, while Cheney shook hands with his family? What about not being able to follow the rules of the debate and use only the time allowed to each question. Then Cheney followed suit (sort of, education was a long term solution to unemployment, not immediate) and was chastized by Edwards when he went off topic.

Zarckowi (don't really care if it's misspelled), had the AL-quada links and ties to to Afghanistan. He operated the terrorist camps inside Iraq. You think Saddam would let anything go on in Iraq without getting his paws in there somehow? Remeber the satellite pictures of the camps? The press must've forgotten those are in their archives...... His weapons are buried or transported to Syria. He was burrying his weapons and planes to save them back in 91. Iran has kept their mouth shut since 91. But, they haven't been under U.N. sanctions and shooting at our people trying to enforce those sanctions..... yet. N.Korea either. Syria? yeah, I say put them on "The List".

I wonder if Kerry plans on staffing his 2 new divisions with the people his party is trying to get drafted? It's just a scare tactic to make people think their kids are gonna go to war. They knew the bill wasn't gonna pass as their party is the minority and doesn't have internal cohesion anyway. It takes a brain cell or two to hold positions that have been held over the years by most of the current administartion. I don't remember any intelligence test or background checks required to run for legislature. Sure, edwards is a lawyer, but I've met a couple lawyers before. It scares me to think of who Kerry will lean on for advice when the going gets tuff. Kennedy? The guys submitting the bill for a new draft?Certainly not Hillary. Ok, I'll save some for later....... flame on fella's.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:05 AM

I try to keep from giving my opinion on political views, but I do enjoy reading these.

I recently had the privelage of speaking to a 1st Sgt, 116th Infantry stationed in Afghanistan and what I talked to him about was good things happening daily. Not the stuff you see on the news, but things like McDonalds being built, children are getting clothing and shoes from American citizens. Medical treatment for people in need. They spend most of their time protecting innocent people from terrorist attacks and car bombs within their own country.

He said it was kind of dis-heartening to come home for a few weeks and turn on some of the news stations and see the things he sees. The way the programs are edited made things look bleek. On the contrary, things are looking up for the people in those countries and they believe in their own freedom someday. It will happen. I told him that I have never once been contacted about a poll as to what I think, not once has my opinion been asked by any type of poll organization committee. But now is my chance and here it goes:

I support our Troops 100% in everything they do, never would I ever put them down. I also support the efforts of our government and our President. I do not necessarily believe every decision is the right decision, but those decisions are made by more than one person. I get so aggravated with hearing Bill Clinton addressed as President Clinton by the news personel. Talk about an embarresment to this Great country, but I guess we are just suppose to forget the things his administration did. I will not forget. I too have lost friends in this war and I will not forget them either. Bottom line, we are in this war as a country and in no way should we abandon those people who are in need of our help. God Bless America and God Bless our Troops who are in harms way everyday - whether it's in Iraq or another location in this world. I will keep them in my prayers.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:10 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
question for the bush team....
are you "cheerleading" for him because he is the greatest president ever, or is he just the lesser of the two evils?

not intended as a flame, just curious....

Quick Reply: Iraq, Sept. 11th, and Vice-Prez. Debate?