Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Iraq Civil War

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iraq Civil War

Ok so I know political things arent fun to talk about..but I was just curious what everyones views are about Iraq going into a civil war? What does it mean for the US?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:16 PM

i hope the US helps kick the SHIITE out of the sunni's
Old 03-01-2006, 03:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by derek840378
i hope the US helps kick the SHIITE out of the sunni's

Now that's funny right there
Old 03-01-2006, 03:04 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ratat98
Ok so I know political things arent fun to talk about..but I was just curious what everyones views are about Iraq going into a civil war? What does it mean for the US?
FYI!!!

This will NOT be an Iraqi Civil War! It will be a Secratarian RELIGIOUS War that will be fought all through out the Middle East!

It will pit the Saudis and Jordanians (mainly Sunnis) -Vs- the Iranians and a few other countries over there (mainly Shiites) against one another.

The ONLY thing the US will be able to do is PULL OUR TROOPS OUT and sit back and WATCH! There will be VERY LITTLE that we will be able to do!

As for this means for the US ?? You think $2.50 for a Gallon of Diesel is bad right now ?? Just wait when you/your family, friends, relatives and all the US will NOT be able to get Oil/Gasoline/Diesel PERIOD!!

Oh yea......

You can thank George and DICK Cheney for this one !!!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:37 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Yeah you're right, I'd MUCH rather have to worry about hitting an IED on my way to work, the local school being targeted by a truck bomb, or my wife's high-rise office building being hit by a hi-jacked aircraft.

I prefer to have our troops keeping the terrorist's busy on the other side of the globe.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:45 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im with Shovel...We dont get a large percentage of our oil from the middle east now, so if a civil war does startr 1. ITS NOT OUR FAULT AS THIS HAS BEEN BREWING SINCE EVEN BEFORE THE FIRST DESERT STORM....So before you go bashing the prez and vice prez, go look at history...and dont tlk bout stuff befor you know what the heck your getting into
Old 03-01-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Huge bold letters and multi-colored posts make my eyes hurt......
Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
More leftist propaganda, nothing new in Iraq at all. The common citizens want to live there lives in peace and raise their families. The thugs want to keep bullying them around in the name of religion.... controlling them... while living high off the hog (pun intended) like the typical gangsters they are.

That is what life is over there, and entire generations have lived under these appalling conditions. They are now getting a taste of freedom and the thugs don't want to let go of their status and control of the commoners. So they keep the pot stirred up knowing that they can fool the liberal media and it's followers into believing all would be well if we just abandoned Iraq to it's own end.

This of course is precisely what the thugs want so they can again take over and brutalize millions of people as they have done in the past. Thankfully we won't do that so that the Iraqis can have time to continue to build their infrastructure and police force so that they can one day take over the responsibility for defending their own freedom
Old 03-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Banned

300 BILLION, 2400 AMERICIAN lives lost, 10000 wounded, many of them forever, GOD knows how many other lives lost or destroyed, lies, bad planning, changes of reasons for going to war in the first place, and terrorism is at a much higher level all over the world since the start of the war, the one we started. Yes, King George is doing well, just like all of his other ventures he tried before he entered the White House. Just why are his "approval ratings" so low? Why are more than 55% of the population against the war now? Are they now seeing the truth and the neverending spin? The possibility of Iraq civil war has long been discussed and feared, it is no surprise it is now developing.
What difference does it make where terrorism and death take place? We are losing our Best two to five at a time every other day, along with the damage to military property we pay for. Does it matter that the death or damage happen in Iraq vs here? It still happens. The terrorists do not need to to attack the U.S. mainland, they are doing their damage against us over there where it is much easier. It is also easier for us to dismiss it because it is so far away and there is no smoke and fire here in the U.S. What would happen if one roadside bomb went off here? All hell would break loose and we know it, but that is something the Military deals with every day over there, but no hell is breaking loose here. It is because of the distance and location, but for the terrorists, the results are the same.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Baja
300 BILLION, 2400 AMERICIAN lives lost, 10000 wounded, many of them forever, GOD knows how many other lives lost or destroyed, lies, bad planning, changes of reasons for going to war in the first place, and terrorism is at a much higher level all over the world since the start of the war, the one we started. Yes, King George is doing well, just like all of his other ventures he tried before he entered the White House. Just why are his "approval ratings" so low? Why are more than 55% of the population against the war now? Are they now seeing the truth and the neverending spin? The possibility of Iraq civil war has long been discussed and feared, it is no surprise it is now developing.
What difference does it make where terrorism and death take place? We are losing our Best two to five at a time every other day, along with the damage to military property we pay for. Does it matter that the death or damage happen in Iraq vs here? It still happens. The terrorists do not need to to attack the U.S. mainland, they are doing their damage against us over there where it is much easier. It is also easier for us to dismiss it because it is so far away and there is no smoke and fire here in the U.S. What would happen if one roadside bomb went off here? All hell would break loose and we know it, but that is something the Military deals with every day over there, but no hell is breaking loose here. It is because of the distance and location, but for the terrorists, the results are the same.
Gee, just change the dates and locations and reading the above makes me feel like it's 1968-1969 all over again!!

Rusty
Old 03-01-2006, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by RustyJC
Gee, just change the dates and locations and reading the above makes me feel like it's 1968-1969 all over again!!

Rusty
Even though I wasn't around, or even thought of back then, I do see some rather bold paralells, just a few thousand miles off in location.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:54 PM

Wow! that was a hot topic! Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ratat98
Wow! that was a hot topic! Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers!
Oh no, this isn't a hot topic. Mention airplanes on conveyor belts if you want a hot topic... After seeing that thread go on for a bajillion pages, I've come to the conclusion that the membership on this board is capable of discussing anything.

And I still support the idea of splitting Iraq into three sects, as that's what they consider themselves, or so I've heard. It seems like the best option; sure, the little countries are probably going to attack each other, but at least we would be able to be on the defensive that way, and be able to pick sides.

America has a bad history of picking sides, though...
Old 03-03-2006, 07:37 AM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
The thugs want to keep bullying them around in the name of religion.... controlling them... while living high off the hog (pun intended) like the typical gangsters they are.
You mean the Christian Right-winged Republican Party of this country that launched a war to take over control of the vast oil fields of Iraq ?

Very interesting way to put it.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Katmandu
You mean the Christian Right-winged Republican Party of this country that launched a war to take over control of the vast oil fields of Iraq ?
You can't be serious.

We freed Kuwait in 1991 after Sadam invaded, took it over, and butchered it's citizens, and was threatening Saudi Aribia. We then went back to finish the job after Sadam threw out the UN weapons inspectors, and violated 17 UN resolution HE agreed to to stop the 1st war.

Did you just wake up from a drunk or get out of rehab?

Quick Reply: Iraq Civil War