Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ipod & Limewire

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Still playing with my new 80Gb Video Ipod trying to get it filled up.
About ITunes, If I buy a card for iTunes do I have to give them a credit card number to download the music and videos?
Jim

When I tried to use one, it still wanted me to register and give them a credit card number. I don't know if there is any way around it or not.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 AM

get rid of that limewire/Kazaa/grokster etc ASAP. on the bottom right hand side of your screen where the clock is, do you have a little alligator head pop up when you mouse over? That is spyware! when you install that sharing software you are also installing the spyware/adware because you have agreed to it.

I understand your frustration with Apple but you are way safer giving them your CC than anything you pull off of those sharing programs.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
Slightly off-topic here, but I don't have an ipod yet. However I would like to know if I can somehow use my laptop as my "ipod" can I set it up to where the music I have on my laptop can play on the stereo in my truck?
yes you can........user thebignasty does it......you just ave to have a cd player with a certain hook up...not sure wat kind
Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by bigredBCS
yes you can........user thebignasty does it......you just ave to have a cd player with a certain hook up...not sure wat kind
aussming you have the "AUX" input jack on your rig's head unit all you need is the audo output jack on your notebook. think the plug where an external set of speaker would go. if you go to radio shack you should be able to pick one up for $5. it is the same cable you would use to plug in an IPOD. same usage, different output device.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2500Ram
If you have an mp3 player deck in your truck you sure can. I bought a $5 male to male end cord, the ends look the same as the headphone jacks, same plugs on IPods. Plug that into the headphone jack on the laptop and the other end into my deck. Works for MP3's DVD's ets. The kids like the movies. Me I like the music. I just use Windows Media Player to play my music. Get a cheap inverter and you have endless HD, battery and music at your fingertips. Now an IPod is easier to use while driving

Good luck.
sweet, I may do it, may not. For now I can't anywa, still have the stock stereo receiver.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
sweet, I may do it, may not. For now I can't anywa, still have the stock stereo receiver.
They do sell a hard wired FM transmitter that plugs in-line with the antenna so that may be an option. Look at Crutchfield to see if they offer anything for the newer trucks that may plug into factory cd changer control.

And do not use Limewire for anything.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:07 PM

If ya want to get really high tech with car stereos, a friend at work is a car stereo expert. He built a computer and a bunch of other gizmos and stuffed it into the glove compartment. It sounds like a sweet deal. He is also a mobile internet hub

Back on subject. From what I hear and read, IPOD works best with Apple/Mac software. No, I dont own a IPOD but have read up on them. The windows programs work ok but not to the best of their abilities.

Jon
Old 05-09-2007, 05:47 PM
DTR question asker

Or just use a easy-to-install Linux distro like Ubuntu.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Chapter President

Let's get back on topic................Can gift cards be "redeemed" without entering an itunes account number? Or, is there a way to set up an account without entering credit card info?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Chapter President

iPod gift cards can be used without entering credit card #. In the registration screen with the credit card types, on the far left, there is an option for "NONE". You have an account, but NO credit card info entered.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
make sure you use the software iTunes to load the music onto the iPod.
this program converts it to iPod format, you cannot use windows explorer windows to load the iPod. It will not show up when you want to listen to it from your iPod.

also, limewire is excellent for music.
never got a virus from limewire, but thats not to say it wont happen.

Also there is a pioneer premier CD player called the DEH-P590IB that comes with an iPod cable. Its great, it plays the iPod and charges it at the same time. So no need to plug it into the computer anymore to charge it. Excellent radio in my opinion.. $154 from eBay, plus $25 shipping. sellers name was yougottadeal from NY or NJ... ultra fast shipping.