Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ipod & Limewire

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ipod & Limewire

First, let me say that I don't like the Ipod at all. Let me restate that...I like the Ipod, but I hate the way Apple has set it up to use.

My granddaughter asked me if I would load some music onto it for her. She has $70 worth of iTunes, but I really don't want to give them a credit card number to load music that is already paid for. So, I went to Limewire and downloaded one song. I have managed to get the song onto the Ipod (using "My Computer" to see it), but I can't get it into the song or play list.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Charlie, you'll have to load the music into iTunes, then sync it to the iPod. It won't cost any money to load existing MP3s into iTunes, you only pay for music purchased from the iTunes store.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Chapter President

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Chapter President

It's telling me it has to be synced with this PC and will erase the music she already has on the Ipod. Any way around that?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is what i do, i open limewire and i tunes. i shrink them to where both of em are on my screen, i double click on the downloaded song on limewire then while still holding down the mouse just move the mouse over the "music library" in iTunes and let go of the mouse. then double check if it went in there.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
So which machine did she originally use to load the songs on her iPod? Can you just give her the file to load into the library on that machine since that is the library synced to her iPod?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Banned

Glad you posted this cause I've been trying to get my limewire music to show up in itunes and then load it on my ipod.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
So which machine did she originally use to load the songs on her iPod? Can you just give her the file to load into the library on that machine since that is the library synced to her iPod?
Not sure who's she used. May have been her mom's LT.

I'll try the drag and drop as soon as I get iTunes loaded on my shop PC.

Thanks guys,
Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 PM

Slightly off-topic here, but I don't have an ipod yet. However I would like to know if I can somehow use my laptop as my "ipod" can I set it up to where the music I have on my laptop can play on the stereo in my truck?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 PM

surprised no one has said this yet

Limewire = Viruses.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:03 AM

Probably not a good idea to look for **** on limewire?! Ha! Strictly music on my computer.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
Slightly off-topic here, but I don't have an ipod yet. However I would like to know if I can somehow use my laptop as my "ipod" can I set it up to where the music I have on my laptop can play on the stereo in my truck?
If you have an mp3 player deck in your truck you sure can. I bought a $5 male to male end cord, the ends look the same as the headphone jacks, same plugs on IPods. Plug that into the headphone jack on the laptop and the other end into my deck. Works for MP3's DVD's ets. The kids like the movies. Me I like the music. I just use Windows Media Player to play my music. Get a cheap inverter and you have endless HD, battery and music at your fingertips. Now an IPod is easier to use while driving

Good luck.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:25 AM

Itunes was built for Apple lovers It works like they do and is not very intuitive for us Windows folks. I'm a computer guy by trade and it took me two hours to figure it out.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Still playing with my new 80Gb Video Ipod trying to get it filled up.
About ITunes, If I buy a card for iTunes do I have to give them a credit card number to download the music and videos?
Jim
Old 05-09-2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Timmay2
surprised no one has said this yet

Limewire = Viruses.

Bah, thats only because your running Windows. You'll get a virus on that OS(operating system) just about any where you go on the net.

If you serisouly want to save time and money i'd advise you to look into a program called Linspire. It is a Linux based shell with a Windows type interface. 99% of the viruses on the net read & attach to Window codes, not Linux codes. I've been running my OS for a little over 2 years now. Not one virus, blue screen of death, lockups, or restarts.

If your interested you can look at more info here. http://www.linspire.com/

Quick Reply: Ipod & Limewire