Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AggieJustin
If my company didn't pay for my cell phone bill, I might be a bit upset about getting charged $20 more a month than an iPhone user....but till then, oh well.
Understandable.... Nothing is really set in stone until FRI. at 6pm when they start selling them.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by mhuppertz
You are in for two grand for the first two years of service plus the cost of the phone. That's a high price to pay for fashion..
You'd have to pay the cost of the voice plan no matter which phone you went with so that doesnt really factor in. But the data plan plus phone is going to be $1000-$1100 for the two years.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:09 AM

Received 127 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by haloman
You'd have to pay the cost of the voice plan no matter which phone you went with so that doesnt really factor in. But the data plan plus phone is going to be $1000-$1100 for the two years.
The early reviews are that the data transfer feels like dial-up. That's not going to cut it for me...
Old 06-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Chapter President

The early reviews are that the data transfer feels like dial-up. That's not going to cut it for me...
Yea the phone is limited to EDGE which is limited to 100-150 kbps. It lacks the 3g high-speed access which is one of the reasons I dont like it. It has Apple on it so people will flock to it.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:10 AM

Did ya'll know that each ATT&T store is only getting 40 of them and allowing people to buy 2 of them. I bet they are on ebay for $1000 by Friday night!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 127 Likes on 71 Posts
I don't mean to be negative, but it's typical Apple to only allow the "Edge" network access, and restrict restrict restrict. I tell people that Apple is like the Communist party, you can only do exactly what they let you do on their products, and nothing more. You can't get creative with the operating system or programming at all, you are locked out completely. The PC lets you customize all you want, but therin lies the conundrum, to "whom much is given. much is expected" and a person can foul up a PC like crazy. It's hard to foul up a MAC.... it's a religious war for many, but I only care about giving my clients everything they want, and I can rarely do that with anything but Microsoft. I do try though!!!!
I'm waiting for the next generation of the Motorola Q coming out soon...
Old 06-28-2007, 11:45 AM

A flawless OS based on UNIX + the Apple logo = the NEW must have toy of the season...

I'll stick with my RAZR....

Even though I'm an Apple user... (LOVE my iBook)
Old 06-28-2007, 11:54 AM

I will not be buying one of those phones. I expect if I had one, it would be broken within two days. My phone gets frequently dropped on the ground, stepped on, wet, run over and generally abused. I have a Motorola I850 that has been through all of that more than once and has lasted me a decently long time and is still in great shape.....

These new "stylish" phones need to become more rugged. They are way too fragile.

I also have NO idea how people spend so much money on stuff like this...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I drop my cell phone in the toilet, I'm out $0.
OK, maybe not $0 as I'd have to re-up for another year to get another cheap phone for free.

I have a computer with a big monitor for playing on the internet.

I don't get it.

phox
Old 06-28-2007, 12:29 PM

I have an 8250 or something model below Aggie justin... has touch screen for playin around... DTR is plenty fast and has a full keyboard, there is no way I'd have one of those phones that has the whole touch screen keyboard crap my fingers are way too big. I paid $0 for my phone..
Old 06-28-2007, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't mean to be negative, but it's typical Apple to only allow the "Edge" network access, and restrict restrict restrict. I tell people that Apple is like the Communist party, you can only do exactly what they let you do on their products, and nothing more. You can't get creative with the operating system or programming at all, you are locked out completely. The PC lets you customize all you want, but therin lies the conundrum, to "whom much is given. much is expected" and a person can foul up a PC like crazy. It's hard to foul up a MAC.... it's a religious war for many, but I only care about giving my clients everything they want, and I can rarely do that with anything but Microsoft. I do try though!!!!
I'm waiting for the next generation of the Motorola Q coming out soon...
my dads got the current Q, its sooooooo nice.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by phox_mulder
If I drop my cell phone in the toilet, I'm out $0.
OK, maybe not $0 as I'd have to re-up for another year to get another cheap phone for free.

I have a computer with a big monitor for playing on the internet.

I don't get it.

phox
Originally Posted by bnold
I have an 8250 or something model below Aggie justin... has touch screen for playin around... DTR is plenty fast and has a full keyboard, there is no way I'd have one of those phones that has the whole touch screen keyboard crap my fingers are way too big. I paid $0 for my phone..
You payed zero because you signed an agreement.

You prolly have an 8125 bnold which has been discontinued for a while so thats where the good price came in. just thought I would throw that out there.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:40 PM

Had the phone for long long time now before the new one came out, had an iPaq before it (POS to the extreme!!)... Paid to sign up for another year... I dont think I can beat unlimited internet access unlimited long distance no roaming etc... for $45 I'll stick with cingular AT&T... New phone every couple years... Works for me...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by bnold
Had the phone for long long time now before the new one came out, had an iPaq before it (POS to the extreme!!)... Paid to sign up for another year... I dont think I can beat unlimited internet access unlimited long distance no roaming etc... for $45 I'll stick with cingular AT&T... New phone every couple years... Works for me...
I wasnt doggin ya deal anyway just explaining it.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:44 PM

understand its there way of keeping me in.... I play hard to get but in reality I'm not going anywhere!! no new plan can beat my deal!! lol

Quick Reply: iPhone