Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Interesting theory on gun control.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting theory on gun control.

See below.

Sounds like a great idea, maybe we should try it. Oh wait we're already are trying it. We're doomed to repeat it.

Last edited by Hvytrkmech; 04-13-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Non veiwable photo.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cannot see the image.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:46 AM

Ok, thanks for the heads up. It shows fine to me. I will investigate.

Thank you.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:46 AM

I copied a picture from an email my dad sent me, however it is not viewable so here is what it says.

It states;

"This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."

-Adolph Hitler, 1935-
Old 04-13-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ya Adolph the man with a vision and look where that got him!!!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
The quote is an urban legend. It doesn't occur in any Hitler writing or speech. (If you can cite the source, I'll recant that statement.)

While it is obvious that disarming civilians greatly encouraged Hitlers attacks on Europe, Hitler didn't actually institute much gun control. It was done before he came into power.

I think the only thing that's keeping China, and maybe even Korea from outright attacking the US is the heavily armed populace. That's what kept Japan off the West Coast in WW II. When this country, specifically the people gets disarmed, our enemies will gang up on us and just flood on in. I firmly believe that the current administration is a key part of that plan. Soros et al will benefit at every turn. Follow the money and see where all the "unforseeable" action is coming from.

BTW, is you want folks to be able to see an image, save it to a picture site (photobucket, etc) in a common format (.jpg) and link to it (insert image button). A comcast webmail link is just about worthless to most viewers.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by j_martin
The quote is an urban legend. It doesn't occur in any Hitler writing or speech. (If you can cite the source, I'll recant that statement.)

While it is obvious that disarming civilians greatly encouraged Hitlers attacks on Europe, Hitler didn't actually institute much gun control. It was done before he came into power.

I think the only thing that's keeping China, and maybe even Korea from outright attacking the US is the heavily armed populace. That's what kept Japan off the West Coast in WW II. When this country, specifically the people gets disarmed, our enemies will gang up on us and just flood on in. I firmly believe that the current administration is a key part of that plan. Soros et al will benefit at every turn. Follow the money and see where all the "unforseeable" action is coming from.

BTW, is you want folks to be able to see an image, save it to a picture site (photobucket, etc) in a common format (.jpg) and link to it (insert image button). A comcast webmail link is just about worthless to most viewers.

I don't know if it is an urban legend or not. However why don't you provide proof of your statement.

Like I stated in a previous post, I "copied a picture", not a link to the picture.

I'll fix it up right now.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:42 AM

Received 453 Likes on 344 Posts

Thank you !
Old 04-13-2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
I don't know if it is an urban legend or not. However why don't you provide proof of your statement.

Like I stated in a previous post, I "copied a picture", not a link to the picture.

I'll fix it up right now.
I can't find a cite to any Hitler speech, book, or written article. If you can, then I'm wrong.

You didn't copy the picture, you copied a link to an email handler. It will work on your computer because it's your e-mail.

I'm not really trying to be a bad a$$, just trying to help.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:58 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
The Japanese Emperor was asked why he didn't invade the US during WWII.

His response was something about "a rifle behind every blade of grass".

I always get a kick out of the gun control people. Every time they start up and get organized, hysteria erupts among the population resulting in mass buying of anything gun related, which in turn, puts more guns out there, many being handled by untrained citizens and therefore, increasing the chances of accidental discharges and injuries.

Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that it is a double edged sword...the economy gets a boost, but the streets are fuller with what they are trying to take off of them in the first place.

We need to fix the idiots, not the tools.

Wait and see what the economic numbers are for the first and second quarter of 2013. You can bet the current administration will be front and center taking credit for any improvement in the numbers and absolutely not stating what actually generated the boost...firearms and related sales.

Just my .02
Old 04-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Good post but Japan did attack main land America. They tried the balloon bombs. Didn't work to good but they tried.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:29 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
University of Chicago law professor Bernard Harcourt explored this myth in depth in a 2004 article published in the Fordham Law Review. As it turns out, the Weimar Republic, the German government that immediately preceded Hitler’s, actually had tougher gun laws than the **** regime. After its defeat in World War I, and agreeing to the harsh surrender terms laid out in the Treaty of Versailles, the German legislature in 1919 passed a law that effectively banned all private firearm possession, leading the government to confiscate guns already in circulation. In 1928, the Reichstag relaxed the regulation a bit, but put in place a strict registration regime that required citizens to acquire separate permits to own guns, sell them or carry them.

due to the complaints of business practices of jews, an addendum was created and ultimately gained political power of enforcement to ban jews from having weapons. five years or so later, they were segregated to the ghettos and you can go on from there.

politicians like to have control over their own armies...ask hillary.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:01 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm sorry but do you really think this country and/or we the people are ever going to get disarmed, leaving the entire county defenseless? Even if 90% of the population was armed to the teeth it would make almost no difference in our enemies "flooding in," attacking by today's standards. 60 years ago maybe. No amount of guns helped us out almost 12 years ago on 9/11 either. And sorry but N. Korea may be completely nuts but they have no intentions or provisions of ever attacking the US directly, and China isn't that stupid yet.

I think y'all are just paranoid.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 PM

Well I ain't exactly young, and I've been watching this dance for 50 years or so. Let me just say it's getting really interesting.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SIXSLUG
The Japanese Emperor was asked why he didn't invade the US during WWII.

His response was something about "a rifle behind every blade of grass".
That has been attributed to Amdiral Yamamoto, commander in chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy. He did say that he could win victory after victory in the first year, but if war continued past that, victory was questionable, and that to win a war with America, they would need to march to DC and lay out terms of surrender in the white house.

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto quotes

Quick Reply: Interesting theory on gun control.