Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Insurance questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Insurance questions

I would like to getting my own insurance. My parents good driver discount, and my good school grade discount and I still pay 1300 a year My friend had a late 70's Chevy 4x4 Pickup and only paid 1000 a year. So I am looking for different insurance as I am not going to school this year and the ins. guy my parents go through (and a family friend) said I should expect to pay 2400-3000 a year through him. So I want to get ins for my truck, and trailer so I could go to some auctions and move horses or cattle for people who buy more than they can take or don't have the means. How is Geico or some other comparable ins company stack up? I am 19, so I know that I am going to pay a premium, but my friend is a year older, has a newer car than me but pays almost 1/3 what I am paying.

Thanks,

Jon
Old 07-09-2007, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iv been with Geico for about six years and cant complain about the coverage or the service from them.
But Im slightly older than you but it shouldnt make a difference that much.
The only way you ll find out is go to the Geico site and ask them for a quote.
Takes about five munutes to do.
Good luck.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 PM

When I was young with no tickets and no accidents I wanted to get my own insurance.

The quotes were all much higher than my parent's policy so I stayed on their policy.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:31 PM

My parents agent was being dishonest with me for 3 years before I found out. I pay much less going through Geico now. I went to 5 different online insurance quote sites and they had the best rate.

I think you will pay much more at a brick and mortar place than an online insurance agency. Just get a few quotes and make a decision after that.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM

When I bought my XJ brand new it was only a few bucks difference to be on my own policy through American Family compared to Farmers. The first time I had to use the insurance it was a nightmare. 5 years of premium and they treated me like dog ____. Before I could switch companies I had to use it again and they could not have treated me better. It was a pleasure. Both where theft issues and not my fault.

I think what I'm trying to say is search a few different companies and multiple agents for each for each company. And when you have to use it keep asking for someone higher until you get the answer you deserve.

Randy