Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Insanity at it's finest

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Insanity at it's finest

I hope that was Kilometers per hour and not MPH
Old 12-16-2003, 11:11 AM

[quote author=Jack Thorpe link=board=10;threadid=23821;start=0#msg224427 date=1071593934]
I found this on another site. Check this out!!!!

Amazing that people are that dumb.

http://64.244.26.110/insane/GR_2_Busa_Turbo_2.wmv
[/quote]

Wow, that's a quick way to die...... :
Old 12-16-2003, 11:11 AM

Even in KPH, that's around 190 mph!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:31 AM

Oh wow! that blew my socks off just watching! As fast as he was going, lifted the front end off the ground... Whatta toy!
Old 12-16-2003, 11:57 AM

[quote author=RamDan03 link=board=10;threadid=23821;start=0#msg224434 date=1071594670]
Wow, that's a quick way to die...... :
[/quote]

3 years ago a young black male, who was working at IBM and attending NCSU for a Master's in Electrical Engineering, made the mistake of running from the cops on a crotch rocket at 1 AM on a dark night. He clipped the front of my little brother's Dodge Shadow convertible at 140+ mph, knocking the stopped convertible's nose in a 57 foot, 180* arc on dry pavement. The Kevlar biker's suit was all that kept his body from exploding on impact - his body traveled about 150 feet over the hood of the car and down the median. There was only a 3 foot section of skid mark prior to impact - just enough to dive the front of the bike down into the car.

What a waste of potential.

For the morbidly fascinated among you I can scan a picture of my brother's car and post it tomorrow - let me know or PM me.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:46 PM

And then a lot of it was done on wet, rainy roads and in traffic. Absolutely insane.

DW
Old 12-16-2003, 02:07 PM

On a lighter note - stunts like that is why I drive a Dodge truck - in a collision with one of them crotch rockets I WILL WIN ;D

Reminds me of one I heard about years ago. This was back when the orange construction barrels were real steel barrels, usually weighted with a little concrete or water in the bottom. A guy on a motorcycle was running from the cops on the Raleigh beltline back when it ended at US64 east of Raleigh. They were about to open the next leg up so they had barrels forcing everybody over to and up the ramp on to 64. This guy tried to dodge the barrels at speed to get onto the new, almost-complete section of the Beltline. He clipped a barrel and went down with the bike on top of him. I remember the wreck scene and write-up in the paper.

When he got to stand before the judge he was in a body cast with a severely broken leg and a broke collar bone among other things. The judge asked him how long it was going to be before he could walk and/or drive again, to which he replied, "A year if I am lucky." Well, the judge fined him big time, but let him keep his license, just for irony. Figured he wasn't going to be able to use it anyway. The Judge was James "Poo" Bailey, who was known for his unusual punishments and interpretations of the law. Too bad we don't have more characters like him on the bench anymore.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:42 PM

I saw a show on Discovery the other night, where a machinist(sp) for DEI, built up his bike. He had it painted up like Dale Jr's #8 car. He did alot to the bike suspension wise,engine and data reading accqusistion(sp). then he hired a pro rider to ride it and set a speed record. It was an interesting show, I'd like to say what the top speed was but I can't remember for sure and I don't want to say the wrong speed, I do remember the guy saying at the end of the speed run he was going so fast he had kinda like tunnel vision and could just barely make out the lanes of the track.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:51 PM

Re:

[quote author= link=board=10;threadid=23821;start=0#msg224571 date=]

Isn't that the truth!
Old 12-16-2003, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That certainly explains why insurance is so expensive! :

Rich
Old 12-16-2003, 03:36 PM
Banned

I'll be watching for their next appearance...

In the Annual Darwin Awards after one of 'em becomes a smear on that highway (autobahn?)
Old 12-16-2003, 03:56 PM
Banned

Well I dunno. About 20-22 years ago that was me, albeit not quite that fast. When I was dating my wife (also 20 years ago) a bike was my only mode of transportation. We'd go out on it all the time. And drive fast. Very fast. I dropped her off one morning (don't ask) and proceeded to pull a wheelie down the block in front of her neighbors and by her father. Just to make sure I was a total dink I did it again. Her father told her that day that there was no way in hell I some idiot pulling wheelies was going to marry his daughter. Well here we are, still together, very happy, and doing pretty well. I'd NEVER do that today. Too much to live for now..
Moral: Don't judge the book by the cover. Merry Christmas people.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

There was another Yutz a few years ago who made a tape of himself driving (I think it was a Lamborghini) at speeds approaching warp Factor 5 speeds on public highways.
He then was selling thwe videotape over the internet.

The Cops bought a copy of the tape, and it became the only evidence they needed to prosecute him on mutiple driving charges and ****** his license. :

That guy's got waaaay larger huevos than I do to pull those kinda stunts in traffic.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:19 PM

[quote author=Helicopter Dan link=board=10;threadid=23821;start=0#msg224567 date=1071607362]
I saw a show on Discovery the other night, where a machinist(sp) for DEI, built up his bike. He had it painted up like Dale Jr's #8 car. He did alot to the bike suspension wise,engine and data reading accqusistion(sp). then he hired a pro rider to ride it and set a speed record. It was an interesting show, I'd like to say what the top speed was but I can't remember for sure and I don't want to say the wrong speed, I do remember the guy saying at the end of the speed run he was going so fast he had kinda like tunnel vision and could just barely make out the lanes of the track.
[/quote]

I saw that same show. He put turbo(s?) on it and an ice water intercooler. I believe the pro rider set a land speed record with it at about 212 or 213 MPH!! Wow

Quick Reply: Insanity at it's finest