Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I'm Loosing Confidence In Bush

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm Loosing Confidence In Bush

These things are starting to make me loose confidense in Bush.

1.) Taking my overtime pay away from me.
2.) Space station on the moon.
3.) Space station on Mars.
4.) Playing marriage counselor.

How about this big daddy Bush:

1.) Start supporting the Middle class worker instead of Big Business. We are the ones who make this country what it is! If this passes I will refuse to work anything over 40hrs.
2.) Get your head out of the clouds man. We dont care about space exploration. Take the money you want to spend on NASA, and do something productive with it. Do something that benefits us. What do I get out of a bunch of "adventurists" playing with moon rocks. I live on earth, and I will die on earth. I have no plans of going to another planet. Spend the money making the earth a better place to live.
3.) Why are you trying to play marriage counselor? If you are a Christian as you claim to be, then tell the general public to invite Jesus into their lives and they wont have marriage problems once they give thier problems up to him!!!

sorry. I'll step off my soapbox now. I am just really mad about all this. He was doing so good fighting crime overseas, and when he tries to do something good at home, he just screws up. If he keeps this up, he wont get re-elected. Although I dont know who I'll give my vote too (as if the gp voting mattered anyway )

Phillip
Old 01-15-2004, 09:06 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not all that thrilled about the imigration thing myself. I like the space stuff, but that's me. I just don't think it's right to allow illegals once again to break the laws of this country. I would love to have them in the country, but only if they do it legitimately. Talk about a slap in the face to those who worked so hard to come here legally and make a life for themselves. Overall, I like Bush and I think he's an excellent wartime President, but there are a lot of his policies I'm not happy about.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Actually a strong space program brings us immeasurable benefits in technology here at home. The medical advancements and other technological improvements that we see everyday are largely spin offs from the space program.

Look at how far we have advanced in the last 50 years, mankind has never seen such a huge jump in so short a time period. Yep all partially due to the space program.

It is far more than diddling with rocks on the moon, it is a program that forces new and unheard of technology to be developed, all of which spins off in thousands of ways into our daily lives.

From the new hip grandma now walks on, to the video game your children enjoy, all come from a part of that research. By far the best money ever spent has been the space program, people just don't realize how much we use everyday, has come from that program.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:21 AM

I agree. Of all the things, I forgot about the immigration thing! and I live in Texas!

I guess I forgot about it becuase it seems it doesent matter if it passes or not. Have you been to any town on the Texas coast lately? They are taking over, and we are letting them. I worked in the oilfields with 2 wetbacks that have been here since the '70s. Funny thing is after 30 years here they still can pick our language up.

My brother told me that Sant Anna said that Mexico would take Texas back without firing a single shot. I believe it.

can you name 3 things the government will never be able to rid us of?
1. Drugs
2. Illegal aliens (when I was a kid I though these were real aliens!!)
3. Guns (the one of the three I am an advocate of)
Old 01-15-2004, 09:23 AM

Good point Top. good point.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:28 AM
DTR Founder

I see what you're saying. The thing is, I don't mind what race comes in, or how many of them come in as long as they do it legally. As I stated in my earlier post, I think that it's the ULTIMATE slap in the face to those who worked so hard to make a life here legitimately. Becoming a US citizen means nothing anymore because we're so lax with our immigration laws. It's amazing to me how many people get in, and stay in for years! This is a very sore subject with me.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:32 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
2.) Get your head out of the clouds man. We dont care about space exploration. Take the money you want to spend on NASA, and do something productive with it. Do something that benefits us. What do I get out of a bunch of "adventurists" playing with moon rocks. I live on earth, and I will die on earth. I have no plans of going to another planet. Spend the money making the earth a better place to live.
someone has to build the machines that explore space. and with that comes jobs and job spin offs. There was a little blurb on the local news on how a local company will benifit from this announcement. There is also a company in quebec (yes, the french province) that has provided the technology behind the mars photographs.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:38 AM
DTR Founder

I agree that the space program is MUCH more important than people realize. SO MUCH of our technology we use today has come from that program. It's actually quite amazing. It's worth the money in my opinion. This is one thing I don't agree with Dennis Miller on.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Kennedy made a remarkable statement: "Ask not what your government can do for you - - rather what can you do for your government?" Too many of us asking the government to give us too much. Leave me alone and let me be the decider of my fate and condition. I will study, learn, work hard, take chances and make it. And don't tax me to death. For this I appreciate Bush.

One of our greatest problems is our reliance on oil. We are giving away our wealth to the middle east. Let's pour some billions into research and run the Cummins on something other than dino. Or, let's build a new Cummins that runs on hydrogen. YEH. 1000 lbs torque. YEH. 100 miles per "whatever". YEH.

Of course, just about the time we whip the oil situation, we will give our wealth to foreign car manufacturers, electronics companies, foreign steel, foreign aluminum, foreign copper. All this at the sacrifice of jobs for Americans. Man, when will it stop? Yep, when we are a second rate nation because we don't get it.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:55 AM

I am glad Bush is taking the Space initiative. We always talk about/envision the future and space exploration, but President Bush is actually talking about putting this vision into motion. At 2015 and 2030 goals, it will be up to other presidents to continue this vision. Bush is just taking an initiative and I think that it is a challenge that needs to be undertaken and I am glad we are beginning it; so many technological advancements will come out of this, as others here have said.

As far as the immigration plan; As a Texan, there are a whole lot of illegal’s around here and nothing is being done about it. With all of the security concerns today, we need to be able to account for who is coming/leaving our great country. I am still learning about the policy and have yet to decide if it will be beneficial or harmful. One thing I do know, as far as Houston goes, illegal’s are the reason why we are growing so much b/c they are the only ones willing to do the manual labor to expand our city, cheaply. They do the work no one else wants to do. Something needs to be done about illegal immigration; I am just not sure what the answer is. Bush, as an individual, may not be perfect, but I think he has a great team. At least he knows he does not know everything; he surrounds himself with great people.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:56 AM

These are very good points on my position against space exploration.

But the idea of taking our overtime pay does not make me happy.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:57 AM
DTR Founder

I didn't even know about the overtime pay thing. Can you explain it a little? How did I miss this? What's the scoop?
Old 01-15-2004, 10:08 AM

Do a quick search on any search engine for anything about "overtime pay", and you will find out.

there was a news topic on Yahoo.com this morning, but it was not there when just a minute ago. This was hot topic back in July, and it seems that it is heating back up again.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:40 AM

Re: I'm Loosing Confidence In Bush

Originally posted by Palmetto_kid
These things are starting to make me loose confidense in Bush.

1.) Taking my overtime pay away from me.
2.) Space station on the moon.
3.) Space station on Mars.
4.) Playing marriage counselor.

How about this big daddy Bush:

1.) Start supporting the Middle class worker instead of Big Business. We are the ones who make this country what it is! If this passes I will refuse to work anything over 40hrs.
3.) Why are you trying to play marriage counselor? If you are a Christian as you claim to be, then tell the general public to invite Jesus into their lives and they wont have marriage problems once they give thier problems up to him!!!

sorry. I'll step off my soapbox now. I am just really mad about all this. He was doing so good fighting crime overseas, and when he tries to do something good at home, he just screws up. If he keeps this up, he wont get re-elected. Although I dont know who I'll give my vote too (as if the gp voting mattered anyway )

Phillip
Your finally starting to see the light! It would be in your best interest to contact a local Labor Union and find out what you can do to help... I'm involved myself - and it's true, there is stregnth in numbers
Old 01-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Palmetto_kid
Do a quick search on any search engine for anything about "overtime pay", and you will find out.

there was a news topic on Yahoo.com this morning, but it was not there when just a minute ago. This was hot topic back in July, and it seems that it is heating back up again.
I don't know anything (or have heard anything) about this, but being salaried I don't get overtime anyway. I wish I did, but I don't.

I suspect there is more to the story than what you're saying though.

Quick Reply: I'm Loosing Confidence In Bush