Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I'm gunna put a Screen Saver together

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gunna put a Screen Saver together

Hey yall, I put a screen saver together with some pictures of trucks I've found here just to see if I could do it. It turnd out purdy good!

So I thought I'd build a real one. If you want your truck included in the Screen Saver please send me a good quality, clear picture. Nothing in the shadows or real dark please. Also include your screen name here on this board and the year of your truck so I can add a caption to each photo.
Label the email as "SS pic" and send it to centraltexan@pavementsucks.com

I'll collect photos for a couple days then post the result here for yall to download ;D
Old 01-13-2003, 06:59 PM

Re:I'm gunna put a Screen Saver together

Only 2 trucks so far yall, cummon<br><br>Thanks for the 2 guys who already sent me their pictures, them are some good lookin rides! ;D
Old 01-13-2003, 07:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You could also use pics of a Cummins 24v, 12v, injector pump, turbos, twin turbos, triplets ;D, Rear (with a nice looking cover on it), a gauge mounting setup, a tranny with a deep Hi-Tech pan on it, and anything else that hints at what we all crave, diesel fumes.<br><br>Chris
Old 01-13-2003, 09:10 PM

ALRIGHT! Now were talkin! I got 8 trucks now....KEEP EM COMMIN!!!! 8)

To keep the file size to a decent size (alot of us still use a dial up ya know :P) Once I get 20 trucks I'll go ahead and build the screen saver.

If more pics come in after that well, I'll just build another one

TPilaskie just reminded me. The size photo that seems to work the best is 1024x768.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:42 PM

Have you thought of a central repository type screen saver? Where the screen saver actually looks in a specified directory and just displays every pic in there, one by one?<br>Even better would be a central location on the Internet where the pics could be stored so we don't have to DL a bunch at one time. This would have to be moderated so people don't slip objectionable pics in there. I plan to use it at work and don't want anything coming up there that'll get me fired.<br><br>Chris
Old 01-14-2003, 10:59 PM

No Chris, I'd never thought of non of that. I got the software to build them the other day and I thought it would be fun to build one using all yall's trucks. The more I play with it the more I realize that I dont even know how to post it so it can be downloaded. I can do it on my computer no problemo. If somebody who knows more about that type of thing would be able to help out that would be great. Like I said, I can build it, but now I'm not so sure how to make it available to yall.

I like your idea about the central location on the web, but like you said, that would have to be moderated pretty good. Who know's what kind of pitcures some sicko would sneak in there.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:33 AM

I am in a position to be able to moderate something like this. Email me and maybe we can discuss the design a little more. You may want to make it flexible enough to work both ways so that people who aren't online all the time can still use it. Those that are online all the time can just have the latest and greatest all the time.<br>You still got my address?<br><br>Chris
Old 01-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this one out to see if ti is too dark.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:52 AM
Administrator

ANother shot.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:41 AM

Love those stacks DD4x4!

Sweeeeeeeeeeet stuff! ;D

Tony
Old 01-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Banned

Nice stacks. ;D Wish I had a dually to put them on. Hey Central Texan, if you want, I've got pics of my rig in the member's photos you can use. The album is called &quot;Tyler's Ram&quot;. I can't find the disk that I have the pics on to email them to you.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Here's a shot of how I cut the aluminum around the stacks using a pre-made template.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:22 AM

[quote author=dieseldude4x4 link=board=10;threadid=9560;start=0#92393 date=1042651147]
Here's a shot of how I cut the aluminum around the stacks using a pre-made template.
[/quote]

What a beautiful installation DD! Now, do you have any suggestions on how I could have them coming out the top of my fiberglass cap? :
Old 01-15-2003, 11:23 AM
Administrator

You could do about the same thing. You would just have to find a sealer material that would stand up to the temperature or just leave a small gap like that. That would render your cap non-water proof though.

Quick Reply: I'm gunna put a Screen Saver together