Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I'm declaring war on Wally World

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Just a plain ole guy

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Muddin_dude06
In all seriousness a customer can just about get anything they want if they raise enough heck, I know at the Lowes I work at we take returns and replace just about anything that is brought back. If you find out who their district manager is and make sure you let the manager you talk to next time you go know you will make a complaint he will do almost anything.

Walmart is the epidemy of rippoff. The only deals you will get are on the endcap specials, like the $38 microwave, that makes you look at the microwaves, but you end up selecting the better one, but if you then go home and find that same better microwave somewhere else, you'll see you didn't pay the best price. Walmart also demands all thier suppliers to build thier products to lesser specs. Just look at the model numbers. They will always be diffrent.

Now, for Lowes. I refuse to shop at our Lowes. We built a house and spent well over $48,000 with our Lowes. About 6 months later, a gasket curled inside a double pane window and eventually cracked the glass. This window has a 20 year warranty. First, they said when the glass cracked the pull of the vacum getting released made the gasket curl. Uh? How can a filled space have a vacum? Then they said it was because it was in a bathroom. Uh? The other bathroom window isn't doing this. Then they decided to replace the pane, but the people and the manager is so stupid, they are physically incapable of ordering a replacement. I can go in one day and talk to them about it, watching them take notes, and the next day, the same person will not know who I am and will not know anything about it and the process starts over and over. I have taken this all the way to the mfg. but they say I must go thru the store I bought it. On my last trip in, I gave then store manager a butt chewing of a lifetime. He filled out a photocopied order form to get a replacement ordered. I insisted he gave me a copy, and a quick check the next day and again nobody even this manager knew anything about it even though I had a copy in his handwriting.

My FIL/MIL are going to build a house in about a year, and I will personally make sure they do not buy anything at Lowes.

So to summarise, Walmart AND Lowes sucks.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walmart

I bougth a battery 10 years ago, and every two years it would fail. I woiuld take it back, and exchange it straight across, NQA, and no batt check. Didn't buy a battery in 10 years, and never had one over two years old. Moved away from there, so no recent experience.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:19 PM

Is there only one wal-mart in your city? You could have just gone elsewhere!

Originally Posted by Muddin_dude06
In all seriousness a customer can just about get anything they want if they raise enough heck, I know at the Lowes I work at we take returns and replace just about anything that is brought back. If you find out who their district manager is and make sure you let the manager you talk to next time you go know you will make a complaint he will do almost anything.
I know that....I worked in Lowe's lumber department for several months and sometimes our return cart would come back with cut boards, and drilled holes, nails....etc....
Old 12-25-2006, 07:43 PM

Interstate

Back to the Interstate Megatrons. Does anyone have the part numbers for a CTD? Also good or bad luck with them? Currently have two Sears Diehard 3 yrs old and getting tired.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:19 PM

I had 4 years on my last group 24 Wally yellow battery. It is on a tractor now. I only replaced it because the furnace in my camper would sometimes draw it down too low to start. I put in a big yellow deep cycle. My 93 W-250 CTD. Has never before had anything but Wally group 24 high amp batteries after the original group 31 failed young. I usually get 3-5 years out of them.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:36 PM

You guys discussing batteries is kinda like women. Some work, some don't. Some never make it to their warranty. Some don't know how to check them out! What's a man to do?
Old 12-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Batteries don't look good in bikinis, though...
Old 12-26-2006, 12:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
No you didn't buy one of those Wal-Mart batteries. Everytime I walk by them with my wife I chuckle about them. Yeah, Won'teverstart. That's what should be on them. Junk IMHO......
Old 12-26-2006, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mainemike100
Back to the Interstate Megatrons. Does anyone have the part numbers for a CTD? Also good or bad luck with them? Currently have two Sears Diehard 3 yrs old and getting tired.
I bought two Interstates in November P/N MTP-78-DT ( the DT is for dual terminal) you can drop the DT if you only want the top posts.