Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I'm About Fed Up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being that Utah has no professional football team, I'd say most of the state roots for the closest team, that being Denver.

Since I was born in the Bay area, I have to vote for either the 49ers or the Raiders.

Since I couldn't care less about football, I just don't vote.

I care even less about football when it screws up my normally laid back Sunday evening.
I work at a CBS affiliate and work Sundays, so when football goes long, it messes up my whole night.

Which reminds me, I'm out of beer, gotta hit the store on the way home.

phox
Old 09-16-2007, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phox_mulder
Being that Utah has no professional football team, I'd say most of the state roots for the closest team, that being Denver.

Since I was born in the Bay area, I have to vote for either the 49ers or the Raiders.

Since I couldn't care less about football, I just don't vote.

I care even less about football when it screws up my normally laid back Sunday evening.
I work at a CBS affiliate and work Sundays, so when football goes long, it messes up my whole night.

Which reminds me, I'm out of beer, gotta hit the store on the way home.

phox

That made me laugh. I need a beer too phox. Pick me up a six'er.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:49 PM

Shoot, how do you think I feel. Been rootin for the Giants since YA Tittl was throwin to Del Shofner and Frank Gifford was a runnin back.

Bill
Old 09-16-2007, 11:06 PM

You could be Browns fan (even though they won today again Cincinnati!), they are usually pretty terrible.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:11 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got just the thing to make all of you feel better about YOUR teams....

Kansas City Cheifs...............

'nuff said........
Old 09-17-2007, 03:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey T-boe, I see you are also from Cheyenne--- I lived there until last November (USAF). I lived in those South Park clone-homes.

I was born, raised, and will die a Packer fan. The nice thing about being a Packer fan is that you never have to justify it. They can suck year after year, have a couple good years, then go back to being bad, and it's all in stride. As a Packer fan, you are forever allowed to point to things that happened well before most of us were born. You milk the glory of 1930s and 40s NFL titles for present day vindication.

It's nice. I can celebrate when we win the big show (1997) get humiliated by the Broncos a year later in the big one, then totally ignore all the crappy performances between one glory year and another.

Down by 14? Favre just throw ANOTHER 4th-qtr interception trying to convert a forced bad pass into a late-game miracle? Who cares? It's just another bad Packer game.

But the *GOOD* ones--- well, those will love in perpetuity

It's good to be a Packer fan....
Old 09-17-2007, 06:22 AM

Houston... :(

You could be a Houston Fan.... hahahaha, back in the Oilers/Earl Campbell days were the only close chances for a Super Bowl win and they couldn't even "kick down the door". I will have to say that Shaub looks like the real deal, but here in H-town, we don't get our hopes up until waaaay into the season. We've been let down too many times in the past. If not for the Rocket's 2 championships (*when Jordan was playin' baseball) we would have nothing to brag about.

G O.........T E X A N S ! ! ! !

Hay
Old 09-17-2007, 06:29 AM

Raider fan by birth, Colts fan by residence......
Old 09-17-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by HayHauler1
You could be a Houston Fan.... hahahaha, back in the Oilers/Earl Campbell days were the only close chances for a Super Bowl win and they couldn't even "kick down the door". I will have to say that Shaub looks like the real deal, but here in H-town, we don't get our hopes up until waaaay into the season. We've been let down too many times in the past. If not for the Rocket's 2 championships (*when Jordan was playin' baseball) we would have nothing to brag about.

G O.........T E X A N S ! ! ! !

Hay
Nicely said GO TEXANS
I was a cowboys fan first and still are but moved to Houston (Pearland) 61/2 years ago and now I'm a fan of both.

YO HayHauler where at in pearland are ya?