Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

If your wife crashes your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd tell her to get over it, and get my truck fixed............."TODAY"
Old 01-26-2004, 09:32 AM

You obviously ain't ever encountered the blonde-haired, blue-eyed "Queen of Holding (and Remembering Why She is Holding) A Grudge" that I am hitched to.

Ever notice how a woman (especially a wife) can remember the birthdays of everybody in both your families, as well as her parents and your parents anniversaries, along with the anniversaries of all her cousins, aunts, nieces, and nephews? Guys, we ain't got a chance when it comes to dragging out "who-done-what-when."

I usually just admit that I can't remember the conversation in question so I am basically at her mercy as to the version she wants to rememeber, and it is usually not a version I would choose, then I go hit the flower store, or, if she is sufficiently peeved, the jewelry store.

As my wife likes to say about men - the following is our version - "Women, can't live with them, can't kill 'em, too much paperwork either way."
Old 01-26-2004, 09:36 AM

I can't even remember my anniversary.........And my wife accepts that's the way I am. My wife was raised by her dad. So I guess I got lucky and got one that was trained right.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:31 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Yep, guilty you are- in any case....

I think you messed up big in this situation. Naturally she said she's fine first, but you didn't ask any more about her... this means that you value your truck more than her.
I'd go and tell her (maybe at an improvised home candlelight dinner) that you were that shocked to hear about her accident that you messed up completely. Just apologise as long as it's fresh. And maybe giving something immaterial like doing something she likes works out better than just buying something ( even worse if it arrives days later) - Try to get it right today.

AlpineRAM
Old 01-26-2004, 12:26 PM

I don't think you guys understand! This woman once KNOCKED ME OUT and when I woke up I said "What the **** was that, she told me "don't be such a baby" She once gave a guy a concussion, while wearing gloves! Please forvive me if I find it difficult to feel bad for her in a 3 MPH crash in MY TRUCK! --sniffle--
Old 01-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
She calls me up and says. "Don't worry, everyone is fine, its not that bad, ...............I hit a tree going into the driveway,.............I was going very slow, but It damaged the truck". I say O.K. how bad? ........Dead silence.............................Your **** truck is fine, and so am I if you care!!!! Click.

Yer Buzzard Bait Dude.........can I have yer truck?..........
Old 01-26-2004, 12:51 PM

Let me get all this straight. You live in Maine? You got a Fisher Plow on the truck?
She drives your truck with the plow on it? Of course she bumped the truck. DUH!

Ok.

You married a Mexican, right? Your truck was made in Mexico right? She's a tuff wife capable of taking care of herself right, and didn't need an ambulance and afterall she was able to call to tell you the bad news, right?

Don't buy her anything today. Today, DO SEND A CARD IN THE MAIL so she'll get it tomorrow when you're not around.
In the card, tell her the two things you love most in this world are made in Mexico and the one you can absolutley not live without is the one reading this card.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Sounds like the voice of experience.

Good advice though........
Old 01-26-2004, 01:27 PM
JKE

Tengu - "when I woke up I said "What the **** was that, she told me "don't be such a baby".......

when I woke up... like I said, what is a man to do in that situation?

If you get in the correct (or incorrect) circle, you will come across some tough ladies. They can make you look awfully silly. These women can mop the floor with most men.

follow any of the above "kissing up" methods and give her a little space........."when I woke up"... ...nothing personal...just strikes me as funny. I have seen it happen. It is impressive.

Good luck

John
Old 01-26-2004, 01:40 PM

Hope she didn't hurt the tree too badly!

But seriously thanks for the reminder of two things;
1) why of the 70K on my truck the wife has put ZERO of them on there!
2) why I keep running a few times a week, to stay ahead of her so I don't get whooped.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The correct line of reasoning is:

"So honey, since you wrecked my truck, how much more careful are you going to be with my NEW one??"

Justin
Old 01-26-2004, 04:02 PM

Clever!
Old 01-26-2004, 04:21 PM
Banned

I can't believe you guys are that henpecked. If that ever happened to me ( and yes she has smashed up some nice cars of mine) I figure if she is calling me she is fine. After that if it was a preventable accident she is gonna get a blast of (rhymes with pit) and she will pay for it, rental and all. No need to live in fear of anyone. Need a good lawyer??? Yeah diamonds and flowers for smashing up a truck. What do ya buy her for a write-off????
Old 01-26-2004, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by spots
I figure if she is calling me she is fine.
So I will guess if she didn't call then she would not be fine
Old 01-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by MacGyver
So I will guess if she didn't call then she would not be fine
You got it. It would be the neighbor phoning and then I know she was hurt. But she still wouldn't get any jewellry.......

Quick Reply: If your wife crashes your truck?