Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I,ve been busy

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:26 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
I,ve been busy

In an earlier post I said I was retiring. Now I am wondering if I can survive the time off. I have never been so busy as I am now. It seems everything wants to break including my father. He fell down the steps a couple weeks ago and luckily he didn't break any bones. He is 85 years old and was trying to clean the floor on the back porch so he could paint. It was 95 degrees and he dehydrated and passed out at the top of the concrete stairs leading to the basement. After many tests and 48 hours in the hospital they released him with orders to drink more water. My sister, niece and I finished the painting and added handrails to the basement stairs plus an additional handrail going to the second floor. I wish he and Mom would buy a house on one floor.

Next my boat developed a hole in the gas tank. It is a 150 gallon tank that I had just filled. I am still working on that project starting it's third week now.

A nieghbor needed help taking down a 22 foot diameter pool. I got to keep the deck. the lumber went to the hunt club and the pool went to another nieghbor. the took four days and lots of water drinking water. I even fitted in a transmission fluid change, tire rotation, three vehicle inspections, on top of cutting grass at two properties and baby sitting my grandchildren. It just goes on and on and on. How did I ever find time to go to work??????

Drove the first gen from Smithfield VA to Charlotte and back this past week with the boats gas tank and returned with it and a load of "free" landscaping blocks. I must admit the truck is a little rough riding on long trips but it never so much as hiccuped all the way. I had no trouble keeping up with traffic on I 85. A couple tailgaters learned not to mess with the old girl too. I'm quite sure they went straight to the local car wash after getting a dose of soot last night. I know it doesn't do for good relations but neither does it do any good when I look in the rear view mirror and can only see the top of the car behind me and I wasn't in the left lane holding up traffic. I didn't want to tap the brake light and cause an accident. Just test their gag reflex a little.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't you love I85. You come right by my neck of the woods in North Carolina. I know one thing, I miss my Juice module for that simple fact. I had no problems with tailgaters but there is bigger and better plans in the future for the truck now.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Actually I do love I 85 when I compare it with I 95, it is a hoot. My folks live in the DC area so I need to frequent I 95 more often. That is a rolling parking lot full of type "A" personalities. I never travel it unarmed.