Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I Think Someone Needs to Set These People Straight.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was that the "whinny little boys, stomp my feet, my truck can beat up your truck, buger faced pansies" official web site? Cause it sure looked like someone needed their blankey and a nappy
Old 03-15-2004, 12:27 AM

Yeah...and why is it that Chevy owners are so arrogant and always wanna drive their trucks TOO fast when the roads are obviously icy? Just because they have something that goes fast doesn't mean it'll stop fast
Old 03-16-2004, 05:51 PM

After viewing that pic, it makes me wish i had a video camera last may, My dad's neighbor and i were trying to move a 14 x 30 insulated bldg on skids. The neighbor was making a stink about the bldg setting a little over the line on his property. Dad was on vacation but after reaching him he told me was okay to move it somewheres outta the way.
The neighbor had a 2001 chevy Z71 4x4 and he told me to help him hook it up and he would drag it. we hooked it up and he lit into it. He never moved it off the blocks.
Next was my turn. hooked up and put it into 4x4 low range just as he had on his. He stood there by the back of the truck letting me know when the chain was tight. I feathered the throttle down untill rpms were in the 3200 range and while the dirt was flying, the neighbor i noticed in my mirror was running outta the way. i dragged it at least 40 feet before the skids had piled so much dirt up it finally bogged me down.
The neighbor readily admitted he had never saw anything like that or heard anything that sounded quite like that.
To make a long story short. in less than 2 weeks time that Z71 was on the used car lot and a brand new dodge 2500 4x4 was sitting in his driveway.
My only regret is that no one had a video camera to record it. It was the very first thing i had pulled with my new dodge.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:30 PM

Unhappy

Great story! I love it!!!!

A lot of gasser lovers base their assumptions of power, or ability to pull a trailer, by how fast they can accelerate. They race you all day and thereby claim they can also pull anything better than you. Rarely do they get to see a true demonstration of what a CTD can do.