Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I Think Someone Needs to Set These People Straight.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:I Think Someone Needs to Set These People Straight.

Isn't the internet wonderful?<br><br>I think they should pass a law that we can... uh... HANG anyone that spreads false information.<br><br>It would be different if there was ANY indication that the Dodge broke down... but there wasn't. It was a flat out lie.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:09 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

How's this for a little fun.<br><br>Although my 97 extended cab Z-71 (owned over 5 years) did not have the little 4.3, it did have the 4L60 auto that puked on me at 120,000 miles. No engine mods besides using Valv durablend. Yes the fluid had been changed. A factory replacement runs in the area of $1500. 1 year warranty unless they install it. Used go for $1200. I had a family friend at a large city Transmission shop rebuild it for $1300. Mostly for parts, and it was built stronger than stock. I installed it myself to save $600 in labor. I also had to put in 4 O2 sensors, plugs, etc, and still couldn't get the check engine light off. Replaced the water pump, then the intake manifold started to leak. Alternator and fuel pump were done under warranty long ago, but kept me out of service awhile. Belt tensioner was replaced. Went through front brakes a couple times because guess what..... the rears don't self adjust on GM either. First alignment is gonna run almost $200 bucks to make it alignable. Tail gate latch died. Inside driver door latch died. CDplayer chewed up CD's. Daytime running lights inop. The only thing I towed was an aluminum Triton 2 place snowmobile trailer, oh except when I had to go pick up my 86 k10 the first week I had the truck. Going down to Battle Creek for Gaurd Drill one Saturday from Cadillac, the rear axle came right out of the shaft and the truck dropped to the ground. Missed drill that day, and Monday went out and bought a new one. Wish I'd have taken my time. I pampered this truck, and now the fun part is paying off the credit cards.<br>Vin will be posted when I come back to work, and yes I keep my reciepts if anyone is looking for a challenge. <br>OBTW I'm not the only person to by Gm in my family and experience trouble from GM, and my family has been working for them for decades. Drove 4.3 half tons at Fort Rucker Alabama when Instructing the Air Assault School. They had problems hauling a small load of rope. The guy on that site won't lose his tranny because of lack of power. But guess what, keep an eye on the rear main seal. My parents didn't learn from the first Astro and bought another. Now they just sold their 98 Z71 after being starnded out of state without a tranny, and limping home on a leaking intake manifold. <br><br>No bias here I can prove any of the above, and I loved the truck while I had it [undecided]
Old 02-10-2003, 10:58 PM

Look at the dopes post and you`ll see he has a 1500 chevy 4x4. OH thats a real truck :'(
Old 02-10-2003, 11:58 PM

I thought the NV4500 was used in Chevys for a little while. I guess sense they were in GM's trucks they were good but as soon as they get in a dodge they go to He11<br>DM01
Old 02-11-2003, 01:31 AM

Ya know I'd have to agree with those guys. Dodge's tranny's are junk, come on, I only got 350hp out of my stock clutch before it gave up. What kind of tranny set up is that? <br><br>Those guys wouldn't know a good website if it bit them in thier Cheby Lovin @$$. &gt; <br><br>Go gettem Luke. ;D<br><br>DB
Old 02-11-2003, 08:02 AM

Gm still does use the NV4500 in the trucks with 6.0litre gas engines. Only reason they don't come apart in that application is because that engine doesn't have enough power to break anything
Old 02-11-2003, 08:55 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

If you want some real pulling power- take a Yugo.

Oh well the only mod will be to cut a hole in the floorboard and use scotty as a driver- this thing would pull LukeS's showroom all over the state- and no tranny troubles. Good fuel economy too- 20 miles per penguin. ;D

AlpineRAM
Old 02-11-2003, 08:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=AlpineRAM link=board=10;threadid=10792;start=15#103293 date=1044975324]<br>If you want some real pulling power- take a Yugo. <br><br>Oh well the only mod will be to cut a hole in the floorboard and use scotty as a driver- this thing would pull LukeS's showroom all over the state- and no tranny troubles. Good fuel economy too- 20 miles per penguin. ;D<br><br>AlpineRAM<br>[/quote]<br><br> <br><br>Poor lil penguins are exhausted after twenty miles...I would be too if I was dragging Lukes showroom around.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Banned

That picture was taken at MACKZUK Chrysler & Chervrolet in Herman,Mo 40 miles from Forest City Diesel in St.James
Old 03-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Chapter President

Re: Re:I Think Someone Needs to Set These People Straight.

Originally posted by AlpineRAM
If you want some real pulling power- take a Yugo.

Oh well the only mod will be to cut a hole in the floorboard and use scotty as a driver- this thing would pull LukeS's showroom all over the state- and no tranny troubles. Good fuel economy too- 20 miles per penguin. ;D

AlpineRAM
Old 03-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes of my life scrolling through that thread.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:42 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally posted by Hoss
I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes of my life scrolling through that thread.
All for something that happened in October...
Old 03-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's even worse...
Old 03-13-2004, 10:42 PM

Aww, Man!.......sucked me in too.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:10 AM

That's what I like about THIS forum...more people here tell the TRUTH and don't have big brand wars.

My theory: Everybody makes good stuff and everybody makes crap...you just have to sort through it all to find what works!

Quick Reply: I Think Someone Needs to Set These People Straight.