Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I think it is just about time.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Lightbulb I think it is just about time.

These fuel prices are really getting out of hand now and who knows where it is going to end.

Last summer when it was hovering aroung $2.00 gallon here I started to do some research on the Bio-Diesel but then they pulled the teaser and dropped it back down so I kinda put it on hold then but now I am looking into it alot more seriously. At the time I was going to build my own from alot of the designs out there but I did not like the idea of being exposed to the methonol and lye vapor as I don't really need another health problem. I found some that were already manufactured and were sealed. I am still in the research and what it stage now but this looks well made. I drive alot and I usually have to fill up or at least put in $45.00 - $50.00 every 3 to 4 days in the tank, Let me know if you have considered this route or already doing it.

Any idea what the cloud point is of Diesel vs Bio-Diesel? It wouldn't be any problem here in California but I am sure it would be of concern where it gets cold.
Thanks Jim.

*Next the government will impose a Recycling Tax on WVO and the price of french fries will go up.

{FAQ} How much does one gallon cost to make with your equipment?
In most cases you can make top quality biodiesel for US $0.50 to US $0.90 per gallon, all manufacturing costs factored in.

http://www.biodieselgear.com/index.htm
http://www.biodieselgear.com/equipment/details.htm
Old 03-05-2005, 06:24 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I believe in BD but have been reluctant to make my own BD because I know once I invest in the equipment it will become harder to get free waste oil. This has proven true even in my rural area, once a BD plant was put in nearby that makes fuel from crop oils several businesses popped up that pay the restaurants for their waste oil and guarantee to haul it away on a set schedule, something I couldn't do. I would imagine these types of businesses will get more common as BD use becomes more prevalent.
Nothing's for free for long.