Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

i think im gonna cry......

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry i think im gonna cry,new ??>depreciation?

ok, let me start by saying...not to be overdramatic....but this truck....is my dream car. its all ive ever wanted. i would give up my house before i would give up my truck.....

so....today..i get off work, im headed to the girlfriend's kid's daycare to have spaghetti dinner with them....im cruising through downtown.....this lady runs a red light. i see it just in time to honk and swerve and then BAM....she creams me. spins my truck 180 degrees into the next lane. ice chest in the bed flies out of the truck and slides across the road (emptying its contents along the way). the damage? broke the leaf spring near the eye. rear axle is shoved back, making the driveshaft drop out of the tcase. rear door, smashed. cab behind rear door actually is torn..theres several gashes in it. bed is creamed. its in BAD shape. she was driving an 04 f-150, pulverized her front end. i thought i was leaking diesel but it may have just been t-case fluid. i was a little addled so im not sure. im just sick now though. we'll see what the insurance does. my light was green, she says she doenst know what hers was. well....if mine is green....u do the math. judging by how hard she hit she must have been doing 40 through downtown. she was friendly at least.

saving grace. towtruck driver had a powerstroke. we're crawling under my truck to ratchet strap up the driveshaft and he asked, " do u have a cummins in this?" oh these are nice, they have so much power. man this is a nice truck." i said yeah, it was a lot nicer about 15 minutes ago

Last edited by whitebuffalo; 05-22-2006 at 08:12 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old 05-05-2006, 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear about that,hope everything turns out alright.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

OUCH!
Old 05-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thankfully You didn't get hurt! Sorry bout the truck...
Old 05-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hope all turns out for the best.
Glad to hear your ok.

Rich
Old 05-05-2006, 09:06 PM

Hope everything turns out ok!
On the lighter side, looks like the Ferd took a lot more damage than yours!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:45 PM

soory about the truck, hope it gets well soon.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:07 PM

Dang, sorry about the truck. That sucks.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry about your truck. I hope everything is taken care of to your satisfaction.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:51 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Your truck did it's job, your here to post about it. For this exact reason I have given up really caring for any vehicle I own. It's a tool to be used (not abused).
Glad to hear your OK
Old 05-06-2006, 05:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bummer. The truck did it's job of protecting you.
Looks like the Ford faired much worst than the Dodge.

MikeyB
Old 05-06-2006, 12:26 PM

Man, that left a mark! Sorry about the truck, but you are okay. The truck can be fixed or replaced, just make sure if they want to fix it, they fix it to YOUR satisfaction. Your truck was like new before she creamed you, her insurance needs to make it so again. Although it will NEVER feel the same as it did. For your sake I hope it is totalled, and you get a new one. Fight for YOUR rights, get an attorney if need be. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:44 PM

thankseveryone for the kind words. i talked to the shop today...it looks like its gonna need both new leaf springs, a new bed, new back door, new cab corner, and rocker panel. im kinda hoping they DONT total it becasue im afraid ill just break even and i dont have the cash to make a down payment on another . i wasstuck driving the jeep today and in SA its been raingin off and on all week LOL. thanks agai to everyone for everything..ill keep yall posted n the status.

Last edited by whitebuffalo; 05-08-2006 at 08:32 AM. Reason: im an idiot and put "car" instead of "cab"
Old 05-06-2006, 10:44 PM

i really think i would have pummeled that tow truck driver

sorry man
Old 05-08-2006, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by whitebuffalo
thankseveryone for the kind words. i talked to the shop today...it looks like its gonna need both new leaf springs, a new bed, new back door, new car corner, and rocker panel. im kinda hoping they DONT total it becasue im afraid ill just break even and i dont have the cash to make a down payment on another . i wasstuck driving the jeep today and in SA its been raingin off and on all week LOL. thanks agai to everyone for everything..ill keep yall posted n the status.
Sorry about what happened. My girlfriend is from New Braunfels and I've driven through SA many times so I know how little some of those people pay attention. Again, sorry about your truck.

Quick Reply: i think im gonna cry......