Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I need to vent a little

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to vent a little

Sorry yall but I gotta vent. A couple of weeks ago I sat down and typed out a 6 pager research paper over Dante's inferno (aka the divine comedy). I typed out a bibliography and documented my sources and everything so that it would be legit. I submitted it all online because my printer was broken and I told my teacher about it that day in class. I also submitted an annotated bibliography a week earlier stating why I was using each of these sources and I also submitted my idea for a research paper. So I get the papers back today and needless to say I was more than ticked. First off, she accuses me of plagirizing my whole entire research paper because it doesn't have a bibliography. Next, she hands me back my bibliography (the one I used for the paper) and grades it badly because she thinks it's my annotated bibliography (don't know how because they were submitted a week apart and they have completely different titles). Then she says that I don't even have an annotated bibliography. On top of all that she says that my topic is lousy even though I submitted my topic the day it was due and told her about it several times. It's not my fault that she's a lousy teacher. Luckily I have all of my submission receipts so I do have a leg to stand on but dang it. I don't take this stuff lightly. She's a horrible techer. Incredibly unorganized, doesn't know the material, doesn't return papers in a timely fashion, and is extremely feminist (even the girls in the class are disgusted with it). I'm setting up a meeting with her on friday so we can discuss this because I refuse to be accused of lying and stealing and I will take this to the dean of the school if I have to. Sorry for the rant but I just had to get this out.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:32 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blue, its frustrating to work hard on somethign and hve someone tear it apart, especially when its a creative work like a paper.
Just remember to be calm and not to lose your temper during the meeting you have scheduled with her.
Venting here is probably a good idea, get it out of your system....

Good Luck on getting this straightened out...
Old 04-24-2006, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had something similar hapen to me. You are going about it in the right way. Take it up with her first, and if she doesn't fix it, go to the dean. Usually, the deans are good people that don't want people like that working for them representing the college/university. Keep us posted.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Banned

Thanks chris. I'm gonna discuss it with her first and see if we can't get this straightened out cause the more I look at it the more it looks like there was a miscommunication. If that doesn't work, then the dean will most definately hear from me cause I won't stand for this. It's not my fault that she didn't like my research paper topic. She should have done her job and returned my idea back to me when she did everybody elses.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:27 PM

Blue, as someone who just finished my MBA 4 months ago, I can tell you that if you keep a level head, and take evidence of your work to her, she should make it right. There are times in education when you will have professors who come off the wrong way, but they are human just like you and I. As you stated, you have the send receipts, print out all of your documentation and take to your meeting. If the first meeting does not go well, ask for one more meeting. Then begin to move it up through channels. Just remember to keep your cool, the class will be over soon enough. Good luck, and let us know how this progresses.

Tiny
Old 04-24-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The only advice I can offer on this is STAY CALM, no matter how upsetting it is and how right you are.

I've seen a lot of people in the right get hosed just because they got angry and it hurt their credibility.

jh