Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

And i live here....kinda

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And i live here....kinda

I live way up north in Redding, The Black Sheep of California. Thank God!! Check this out, it's funny...... Kinda

Old 01-14-2014, 11:22 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
Not funny. Downright sad. He is absolutely spot on.

What happened to being "American"?

I still am, if Northern California ever becomes its own state I would move back. I fear Washington's west coast is next.....
Old 01-14-2014, 11:58 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

My Aunt and Uncle live in Ruth but they tell anybody who asks that they live in Redding.
My Dad is a Korean and Viet vet and worked hard farming before and after his military service.
Most of his remaining friends have been hard working farmers for all of their lives.
They are very rational people but are so upset with the way some things are going that I occasionally turn on the TV in the morning
wondering if they might have made the news trying to right some wrongs.
This is a strange time we live in.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:22 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Originally Posted by Kidrod
I live way up north in Redding, The Black Sheep of California. Thank God!! Check this out, it's funny...... Kinda

I Can't Believe They Let You Do That! - YouTube
Well done sir!!!! I just heard about 200 more reasons to NEVER leave Texas. We are still able to be Free Americans here and, I for one, kinda feel bad for you guys on the left coast......almost seems Communist out there.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
That was a good video. Luckily for me, I still have a few years before I settle down and buy a place of my own... It's not going to be california, that's for sure.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Here's where I live. A quick Vedio.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My family in Texas will love that video, it pretty much sounds like our holiday dinner get-togethers. I've always said California is not for the faint-hearted, especially San Francisco!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:49 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there anything in the constitution that let's us kick a state OUT of the union ???
Old 01-15-2014, 11:19 PM

Received 152 Likes on 131 Posts
I know there is a punishment for treason...
Old 01-16-2014, 09:11 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey wait a minute! I suffer here in Commiefornia. I am not "one of those"

Born and raised here in fact... 5th generation. A great-great-great uncle, Elisha Stephens, led the first wagon train over the Sierras in 1844, two years before the infamous Donner party took the same route.

History lesson aside, my point being I have as much right, I suppose, as anyone in California and not all of us are left wing-nuts. In fact, there are a good many true conservatives that are simply oppressed and outnumbered now... truly sad.

I know that the comments above are in jest and are taken in that spirit; however, there is also some small amount of "truth" to them.

What I would caution is that what we have here is a disease. That disease is spreading. What used to be simply Southern California (and Bay Area) as well as New York, Chicago and Wash DC is now all the Northeast, great lakes, Western Washington, Western Oregon... you get the picture.

Sixslug... I was in Kalispell last summer; my apologies for not saying hi. Loved the rodeo in Columbia Falls too.
And if you think you folks in Texas are immune... I simply point you in the direction of your education system and the stuff going on there and the immigration issues. Let me know how many lliberals you have elected as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:21 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Soulzoo, apologies if my comment offended, it was mostly in jest
It IS scary that what has happened in SoCal might spread its way here ,
Luckily Ks is about 25 yrs behind the times with the rest of the world so hopefully I won't live to see it
Old 01-16-2014, 10:31 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No worries, I was not offended in any way and I know that was in jest as I had indicated.

I suppose I am just expressing my frustration with how bad it really has become here and watching it spread everywhere else.

It wasn't that long ago Colorado was a red state and look at what it is now.

Here's an indication of Texas:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...-deadly-force/
Old 01-16-2014, 03:06 PM

Unlike soulezoo I can’t say I “suffer” to live here because as a 1st generation immigrant I’m here by choice. There’s many reasons why California is so great and I will not boast because there is no need to explain the obvious. Personally I will have a distaste for politics and the law regardless of where I live so I might as well choose somewhere beautiful.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:11 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Is there anything in the constitution that let's us kick a state OUT of the union ???
lets just sue them for emotional distress...
Old 01-16-2014, 06:43 PM

If any states are going to be kicked out, I think we should start with the states that recieve more federal dollars than they pay!

Quick Reply: And i live here....kinda