Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I have to say goodbye for a little while.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to say goodbye for a little while.

Hello diesel heads. Sorry for the no posting lately. As most of you know I am having marrage troubles at the moment. I left for a camping trip last week and just got back last night. I dug a lot of clam's and got a few salmon for the freezer. ... But upon returning home, I have found that time did not heal anything for my wife, I was hopeing and praying that time would be the awnser, but I guess I was just fooling myself. I am packing up a few things today and moving into a friends house in anchorage. I just can't stay here any longer knowing what is going on and walking around this house on egg shell's. I am truly sicked by all this, and having the most horrible time dealing with it all. I will try to drop by and say hello, but I am not sure if my friend has internet any more. I have missed this place and will continue to do so, I hope this won't be to long.<br>Sorry for blabing on, just wanted to say hi and vent some frustration.. <br><br>Thanks Curt
Old 06-17-2003, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:I have to say goodbye for a little while.

Thats reall sad to hear. I pray for the best in you troubles. God works in mistearious *sp ways but he always does whats best for you. Tomarrow is always another day <br>DM01
Old 06-17-2003, 12:58 PM

Im really sorry to hear that. Just step back for a couple of days/weeks or whatever and let your wife see what she is missing. I know Im only 17 but My brother has been thru a divorce and so has my dad and its not cool. But the best thing is like you said just step back and enjoy college life all over again.Again Sorry to hear it man. Keep in touch with the DTR.com. Take care of your self. 8)

SD03
Old 06-17-2003, 01:13 PM

Curt, <br>I am deeply sorrowed to here of your troubles. Hang in there guy. I have been thru a couple of the D's myself, but don't give up. Time will heal all wounds. Sometimes you just have to play the cards that life deals to you.<br>I said that I would never get married again, after the first and second one. My second wife ended up on drugs and lots of other probs, but I got full custody of my daughter.<br>Just keep your chin up and take it one step at a time.<br>
Old 06-17-2003, 01:14 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Curt, I got a good idea of what your going through. Just moved into the cabin after she pulled the plug. Spent the wedding ring money I was saving on new cabinets, some ceramic tile, and some other improvements. Now she want's me to have lunch or dinner this week. :Might just go for a free meal. Hang in there bud,<br>Don
Old 06-17-2003, 01:22 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 172 Likes on 131 Posts

For all you guys (and maybe a gal or two) that are having marriage problems, my heart goes out to you. Have been thru my share of problems including the death of my wife in a tragic accident so know first hand what many of you are going thru. Sometimes in a situation like this it is hard to get an unbiased shoulder to cry on or someone to use as a sounding board. I am not a counsellor, but I am a born again Christian and have helped many folks during their times of trouble. If I can be of any help to anyone in these situations, please feel free to email me at safarinut07@yahoo.com. I can't promise the answer(s) to your problems, but I am a darn good listener. I also know with absolute certaintly that God answers prayer. Maybe not in the way you were expecting or asking, but prayer does work!!!
Stan
Old 06-17-2003, 01:48 PM

Amen Mextan! <br>02DSLDOG You are on my prayer list.<br><br>DRecu!<br>
Old 06-17-2003, 01:53 PM

02Dsldog -<br><br>One year ago this month, my wife of 23 yrs came home from a business trip, and told me she was in love with another man. She left a week later. My 17 yr old daughter stayed in the home with me. Were both business professionals.<br><br>This devastated me. I filed for divorce the day she left, it was final in Jan '03. She is still with the guy she left me for, and I have accepted this. You have a hard year ahead of you. Stay busy, stay focused, and time will heal the pain. I found this site shortly after this happened, and I credit it with keeping me sane on many a day when I felt like the world was coming to an end. Get some counseling if you have too, but above all, look forward. I realize now that shes gone how little we had in common. I'm glad she is happy, I'm getting there, but I would never give her the chance to hurt me like that again. A very nice and attractive attorney in my Bldg in S.F. introduced herself to me last February, and shes alot more interesting and compatible than my wife ever thought of being. We go to lunch, but she knows and understands that I'm not ready to start a relationship. She is just waiting to see what develops. Until then, I do what I want, race my vintage motorcycles, and check in here..<br><br>I'm very grateful for this place. Thanks for listening.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:00 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Hang in there. <br>Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. [undecided]<br><br>The &quot;Big Guy&quot; has a plan that we don't always get to see.<br>We're always here, check in when you can. <br>This isn't just a website, it's a family. 8)<br><br>Ed<br>
Old 06-17-2003, 02:06 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Hang tuff Curt! Been through this myself a few times. Some of us guys just seem to wear out a wife every few years ;D<br><br> Lots of fish in the sea, and if it isn't working then you need to move on. Life is short, don't spend it unhappy
Old 06-17-2003, 02:21 PM

02Dsldog,

Really feel for you, been there myself. See if the Anchorage library has an internet connection as you need to stay in touch with your friends at this time.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good, to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

We will be praying for you, Curt.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[quote author=SuperiorDiesel03 link=board=10;threadid=16002;start=0#150253 date=1055872706] But like Dodgeman01 said God only did it for the better. [/quote]

This will be unpopular, but....

Not to be insensitive towards the gentleman that started this thread because I truly am sorry to hear about this, but to those making comments like the one above....nowhere in God's plan for marriage does it mention divorce. In fact, the Bible clearly states that God HATES divorce.

Now...I'm not trying to pass judgement on ANYONE here because that's not my place, but PLEASE don't insinuate that if, God forbid, a divorce does occur in this case then it was part of God's plan. Divorce is NEVER part of God's plan, and for anyone who wants Scripture to support that statement just PM me and I'd be glad to oblige.

Like I said, I'm not trying to pass judgment on anyone and I'm very sorry to hear of the troubles happening in this marriage. I will be praying for the marriage and that both parties involved can put aside their differences and work things out.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:39 PM

Hoss your right. What i meant was that since this is not a divorce, just time apart. That God makes changes for the better so God is telling them to take time apart and try to solve problems. It may take a few times but hopefully things will change. But if it turns into a D then lookpast my replys. But what do I know im only 17. There is one thing that I belive is that God makes changes for the better not always the way you want it but he does what he thinks best. <br><br>
Old 06-17-2003, 02:56 PM

I never said anything about the big D because I knew that they were only spending time apart. the way I figure it it is gods will to give them time appart just to figure things out so that they can have an even better and stronger love for one another. <br>Sometimes we need to look past the reply button when were not forsure what was ment by the post.<br>DM01
Old 06-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My comments weren't necessarily directed at you, sir. Just made a generic statement that I hope all will respect.

Quick Reply: I have to say goodbye for a little while.