Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I hate small town ND/Except northwood (mike saved that one)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate small town ND/Except northwood (mike saved that one)

forget small towns and shady companies.

I am so HOT right now i could just hit someone. Well heres what happened. one day i get called into the sheriff's office by the sheriff. He tells me that i'm not working out in the little town of Beach ND. Not that I'm a bad officer I'm just to big city for their little community. I think its complete BS and its a way to get out of keeping me around now that our ND POST slot for sept. fell through. But I Take it Like a man and file my two weeks notice so it looks better in the future. Then I call my old job of building pools, who told me if my policing job ever fell through to call them back and i would have a job, they come through with that promise. SO I Get everything set up to go back to MN and start working July 2nd and their accountant even goes as far as to set up my direct deposit and start my insurance paperwork. FAST FORWARD to the 29th of June. I call them just to make sure on what time they have been starting and what time they need me to show to start. I get told this. " um Kyle I real sorry to tell you this but i think i'm going to have to pass....I'm sorry you had to find out this way but we're just not as busy as I though we'd be" again i take it like a man and say well if ya need any help let me know because now I'm jobless again. I hang up the phone at about 1245pm CT and am still just hot about it

PS. Anybody looking for help in or around the Twin Cities, MN in either construction, pools, law enforcement or any legal area as I'm planning on law school and any experience will be great
Old 06-30-2007, 04:36 AM

Kyle, Sorry to hear about that man. I know of a few job openings around saint paul here, I (My company) is looking for part time driving truck. Do you have a CDL? And I know of a power plant in saint paul thats looking for a full time loader operator. But I will keep my eyes open for ya...
Old 06-30-2007, 12:01 PM

nope no CDL I wish i had one though i'd find a job ASAP then
Old 06-30-2007, 01:41 PM

ok ok I know this is going to be a stupid ? but anybody want to teach me how to drive a rig so i can go get my CDL and hazmat and stuff like that....also do i just goto the MN DMV to get my CDL or where do i go
Old 06-30-2007, 04:23 PM

i know some trucking comps. will send you to school if you agree to drive with then for X amount of time.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Banned

No it's not stupid if it's a viable work option for you, right? :-) I suggested Swift for my older brother who had never driven a truck until 3yrs ago. They trained him in a classroom 3 weeks(I believe it was), then sent him out with trainer for 6 weeks, then he was assigned his own truck. Pay was something like $400/week in class, $500/week training/driving, and started @ 0.32/mi + benefits driving solo. Now everyone else wanting to poo-poo the starting pay hold off...you gotta start somewhere!! ;-) At his 6mo anniversary, he qualified to 'buy'(they actually mean 'lease') a brand new 2006 Kenworth W900 as an owner-operator with no down payment. After only 6mos. And HE became a trainer himself. After only 6mos. Go figure(and look out for Swift trucks!) Anyways, much to my surprise, he has been with them nearly 3yrs now, and does fairly well. Just a suggestion towards trucking, since you mentioned it, and one last word of free advice; Don't let the predictable nay-sayers tell you how 'bad' it is to go to a trucking school/get a job. I'm sure they will(and probably not reveal their own experiences they screwed up but want to blame the trucking companies, they just like to pass on rumors - like most truck drivers do...). Do your own thing and don't listen to the rumors, okay? Good luck to you, hope it all works out soon! :-)
PS
I'm not a lawyer, not a doctor, don't play one on TV, and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But I DID drive OTR trucks for a little over 20yrs(FYI). Sometimes it was , sometimes you feel like a , but hey, that's life!!
Old 06-30-2007, 05:09 PM

I just need it till i could go to Law School a year from august
Old 06-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

Oh...well then, you probably shouldn't get into that! As mentioned above, they do require you stay with them at least a year - else they will want to have you pay for the schooling, like $3000. Heck man, just get some sort of local work(even McD's pays $8 or 9.00/hr to start these days) and when it's time for law school, go get the education to earn some good income! Good luck, take care - Seeya
Old 07-01-2007, 03:51 AM

thing i nihgt have a job as a fitness consultant at Dick Sports in Minnetonka MN have an interview on Monday...\wish me luck
Old 07-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Banned

Kewl!! Good luck! Hope things work out better for you in home territory, eh?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:20 AM

Good Luck, Kyle! Keep me posted.