Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I had my first warrent out on me......

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now this story made me laugh hahahaha
Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 PM

Now Larry's story was funny. He didn't show blatant disregard for society. It doesn't matter if you grew up with the guy. Once he takes his oath of office to serve and protect and uphold........he becomes the most visible form of government. No matter what you think of the man personally, there are acceptable and unacceptable actions. If you can't show the officer you grew up with respect, how are you going to act when approached by an officer you do not know.

I've got friends who kid around with me, but when I'm at work, they know not to show blatant disregard for the job I'm entrusted to do. It also places the officer in a tight spot, as some MikeMike might think that because you did it, he can too. Could be an ugly surprise for MikeMike.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I was a young teenager and was out with a couple buddies one night and we got a hold of a handful of eggs. Came my turn to toss an egg at a car I stood up and let it fly about a half second before I saw the "Cherry" on top of the squad car
haha

that must have been along time ago! didnt andy griffith have one of those on his car

brett
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Hey! We still use them! Last I knew, one of 3 agencies in the country. I think we're the last to use hood lamps though.
http://michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123...846---,00.html

Lucky for Top they only had drum brakes and manual steering. He was probably long gone before the poor guy could navigate the car.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Redleg
Hey! We still use them! Last I knew, one of 3 agencies in the country. I think we're the last to use hood lamps though.
http://michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123...846---,00.html

Lucky for Top they only had drum brakes and manual steering. He was probably long gone before the poor guy could navigate the car.
Thats awesome! Bastrop county's light bar are a little better, but not much!

Originally Posted by pgcountycop
Now Larry's story was funny. He didn't show blatant disregard for society. It doesn't matter if you grew up with the guy. Once he takes his oath of office to serve and protect and uphold........he becomes the most visible form of government. No matter what you think of the man personally, there are acceptable and unacceptable actions. If you can't show the officer you grew up with respect, how are you going to act when approached by an officer you do not know.

I've got friends who kid around with me, but when I'm at work, they know not to show blatant disregard for the job I'm entrusted to do. It also places the officer in a tight spot, as some MikeMike might think that because you did it, he can too. Could be an ugly surprise for MikeMike.
Very well said. I'm about to go through the academy and all my friends know that when I go on duty that there's no room for playing around.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by pgcountycop

Ok, if it had been someone else I'll admit I wouldn't have done it however when he jokes about going over to his gf's house WHILE ONE DUTY and doing the "duty" I'm not going to feel bad for my actions. I respect every last cop, state trooper, sheriff, agent, etc... but for someone I grew up with to go out and duty and do that act while being on duty. Yea, I'm going to screw with him because every last person there (which was all 10 of us) knew what he was doing and also knew he shouldn't have been there. Life is all about leverage.