Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I had my first warrent out on me......

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my first warrent out on me......

I got a call this morning from my father back home saying that the state police showed up saying there was a warrent out for my arrest today. Needless to say, that made my morning just dandy... Apparently when my friends and I shot a spud gun with a flaming potato at a local law enforcement officer at 300 yds, the officer did more than just chew me and my friends out. So here is the full story:

The normal satuday night deal was going on back home and we had just built out new spud gun (12th version, needed new upgrades). We had been pretty accurate at 150yds. We were happy with that being within about a foot or 2 at that distance. Well my buddy b-u-t-t (I don't think his parents liked him much) decided let go shoot a deer with it. We had about 30 of them standing in the field and figured it could do no harm. Who's going to kill a deer at 120yds. I should note at this point we are always wrong when it comes to matters like this (like when we shot the metatarsel boot with a 357mag and thought the steel would stop the bullet...) Well at b-u-t-t and Tom lined up and shot the flaming potato at the deer, it hit the deer.... and it dropped the deer.... We were stunned. No one believed it. When we got up to the deer we had found it broke the deers neck when it hit it. I was stunned as were my buddies and the whole party that was there with us. Well, we couldn't waste a perfectly good deer so we took it back to the farm. As we drank some more "non alch beverages".... we started to fel pretty good. One of the local cops had driven up the road to the neighbors house. Well due to the "non alch beverages" we had been drinking, butt decided that it woudl be funny to shoot at him as we know what he was doing while on shift and couldn't get mad at us, or so we thought. As we laid there with the laser, night sighted, spud gun gettin ready to shoot it 200yds (100 yds short of the cop) I hadn't realized that butt had over loaded the gun with fluid. However after I shot it, we realized the potato was going much further than previously expected... When butt said "oh ...." we knew it wasn't good. Butt goes "It going going going and it hit 10 ft away from the car" Ryan asked "what's Eric doing" Butt goes "Running to his car with his hand on his gun and now he's coming back own the road towards us... I thinks its time to put that spud gun away..." Though he was completely ticked, he noticed a deer sitting there, the one we had shot and forgot to hide. Well of course game comission was called and they came to check the animal. They said it would be looked over as they didn't believe we had shot it with a spud gun. Well apparently they suspected we did an inhuman act in order to kill it and sent me a fine but since I moved I never recieved it. And now I have my first warrent for my arrest. I have yet to figure out how on earth everything fell into place for this to happen.....
Old 08-28-2007, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ground Shaker
I have yet to figure out how on earth everything fell into place for this to happen.....
Lord knows i've done my share of the stupid....but...are you serious? you dont know how you ended up here?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
DTR question asker

Smart...

What do you think is gonna happen when you shoot a flaming potato at a police officer???
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 PM

I think I would've kept that story to myself.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Banned

probably not one of your smartest moves...........actually I count 6.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

OMG!!!! What in the (you know what) were you thinking?What if that spud gun had caused the officer to have an accident?Not a very wise story to tell at all!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best of luck........

Can't say I feel particularily sorry though.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
considering i am in law enforcement-i see stupid and dangerous acts on a daily basis- this one ranks up there for immaturity, stupidity, and dangerousness. luckily, the officer was not hit/hurt! its time to pay the piper! hopefully you have learned a valuable lesson!!! be a leader and not a follower!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by t-boe
I think I would've kept that story to myself.
that is an understatement.

with a name like "butt", can't expect the parents are carrying a MD either.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Although I've never been in that situation...not even close. If I were you I would get everything in order as soon as you can and turn yourself in. Thats probably the best thing you can do at this point.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:01 PM

Seriously?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:10 PM

I know I've done some VERY stupid things while I was younger, but can't even fathom doing something like this. This is a joke right?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:13 PM

You know what they say: DON'T DO THE CRIME IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME!!!

This will probably be an expensive lesson!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:23 PM

I have taken care of it. The only reason I did it was because I grew up with the officer. He is one of my close friends and one of the ones that was there the night before helping us plan how to build a new spud gun. I prolly should have put that in there. The police offcer (eric) never filed anything. The part I couldn't understand was the part of the warrent about the deer. The game comission were the ones that filed the inhumain part against me. We dropped it in it tracks. How is that inhumain? I know the judge back home and have spoke with him on the part of moving and he understand and will go about ways to take care of it (I guess its a good thing to go hunting and planting trees on local forest land with the judge). The officer was more upset we tested it without telling him, though he said the flaming potato could be seen very well and gave him alot of warning so I'm thinking we will have to stop the flaming part of it.....
Old 08-28-2007, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jezzhuntin
that is an understatement.

with a name like "butt", can't expect the parents are carrying a MD either.
They don't.... I think they are both professional drunks..... And to think the onyl name they could come up with was butt......

Quick Reply: I had my first warrent out on me......