Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I guess I shouldn't be suprised...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005 | 08:50 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sadly there are some instances where this type of thing is needed, but not for such things as a shopping mall. Sometimes things like an existing airport (as an example) needs to expand a bit to bring it up to standards, this can benefit the community.

But on the flip side if I want to build a mall in a specific area, just looks like I need to slide into a neighborhood and buy a lot. Then just have it rezoned and boot the people out of their homes

Obviously this needs to be looked at again by a sane individual I have no answers only disgust that someone would lose their family home this way.
Old 06-25-2005 | 11:02 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soooo how come nobody in the press is crying about how the Liberals that pushed this through are getting padded by the developers? Isn't that what they said about the war? Their only argument is that it will build up the tax base. Couldn't building a good school or hospital system in the area do that too? People move a long way to get to good schools.
Old 06-25-2005 | 04:16 PM

Are you kidding? Do some reasearch. The board of directors for all the MSM outlets are drooling with this ruling. They stand to profit from this as well, as many are already looking at using this to relocate to newer digs.

(NY Times is especially happy about this)
Old 06-25-2005 | 05:40 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Of course big business is gonna benefit. But this just reinforces the idea that Liberals think they can fix everything by getting more taxes, so how can we raise the tax base? They can't handle the money they have now, they don't need more. Wasn't Connecticut a blue state? Isn't there an appeals process? Doesn't the liberal heavy supreme court decide their own cases to hear? Are conservatives the only ones suseptible to pay offs and promises? I'm sorry for the people in Ohio, maybe that'll develope into the case that turns the decision.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/
Old 06-30-2005 | 03:04 PM

And Justice For All

Here is a link to a story about a developer that wants to seize Supreme Court Justice Souter's home for a hotel named "Lost Liberty Hotel"
Click Here

~Rob
Old 06-30-2005 | 03:23 PM

I saw that about Souter's property, I hope they ED it serve him right
now the not funny part the land rush continues
Old 06-30-2005 | 06:10 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Disgusting.
Also a little sad that so many are crying about which party did what and when. Face the facts, the Federal Government is making a habit of over stepping their bounds.
I think the founding fathers would have prefered the states to have more power, not have money held over their heads to follow the Feds rules.

We studied Emenient Domain, the BOTTOM LINE was supposed to be that the property be used for the better of the PUBLIC. More taxes to a local municipality is for the better of Politicians!!
I'm with most of you other Diesel Truck fools,........ They better disarm me in advance of a hostile take over of the land I bought and paid for!
Remember, they are supposed to give you "fair market value" for your home/property, what about what the PRIVATE developers of these strip malls are going to PROFIT from the deal, do the displaced homeowners get a piece of that?

This has NOTHING to do with Liberal, Republican, Whatever. This is just one of the many WRONGS that our Federal Government has done in the past 6 years.
Old 06-30-2005 | 06:17 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Take a look at the poll listed in Hotdram's Post,

Should local governments be able to seize peoples homes and businesses for private development?

518 voted "Yes"
43,634 say 'No"

Might be time to just gather about 5 million strong in DC and DEMAND justice??

Sounds stupid, but what DOES it take for Americans to be heard these day's???