Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I dont know the whole story but,......

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look on the bright side, I guess it was better than getting a beating or being tased!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't taze me, Bro!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

I'm betting the kid popped off to the officer... I think I was 20ys old when I finally realized that there is NOTHING to be gained from trying to weasel/argue/plead w/ an officer, but there is plenty to be gained from shooting straight and being jovial and curteous. Suddenly the number of citations I received went WAY down, and the number of warnings went way up

just got another warning last week for doing 47 in a 30 on the road in front of our house Officer asked me if I knew why I was being pulled over, and I said "yes sir... I was speeding. Just wasn't paying attention and missed the speed limit change, and you've got the perfect little fishing spot behind that tree!" He gave me a warning and I told him I would slow it down on that road. And I have been since then!

not to say I don't still get tickets... I usually get ~3 per year, but I usually get 5 or 6 warnings per year also
Old 05-10-2008, 11:26 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by Rampage1967
You mean these trucks come with turn signals???
I thought they were too old.

You might need to top off the blinker fluid.
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=6
Old 05-10-2008, 02:33 PM

i think the officer should sign up for a student exchange type program, and work a couple of tours in the south bronx. i think that when he gets back home from that experience, some kid who is less than thrilled about getting a turn signal violation citation, won't seem like the end of the world. jmho........
Old 05-10-2008, 04:16 PM

Fail to signal intent is a pretty chicken-poop stop...unless used a pretext to open the door for a larger investigation. Only my opinion.

article said "But he does admit to challenging the officer's questions during the stop."

That is pretty vague language. Did he refuse to sign the ticket? In Texas you only have to be offered the chance to sign speeding and open container tickets.

Not enough info for me to agree/disagree with the kid getting booked into the jail. Not the norm for class c traffic tickets, again my opinion only.