Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I do NOT CONSENT !

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:23 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Perhaps that is where you and I are jaded. After the first 10 or 1000 pat searches or strip searches we don’t even think about body---just weapons. Also, --- Don’t know if you guys still search women but we didn’t usually have women Officers on shift so we had to search them. We always did it in front of the female dispatch or a nurse but once again, we only cared about weapons. If we found drugs or other weirder things,--so be it. The main thing is, civilians just think the people doing the searches are perverts. They don’t realize that we didn’t (don’t) want to do the searches but have to for the security of ourselves, the institution, the aircraft or whatever.
exactly.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patting down crotches and zapping every passenger with radiation doesn’t cover everything……there is still cavity searches. That will be next.
Most people I see being searched do not look like the pilots of 9/11, the shoe guy, the underwear guy or the time square guy. They still haven mentioned if in fact these practices will find a “Fruit of Kaboom” or shoe bomber.
What about the cargo hold, wouldn’t that contain more explosive mass than what a person can store in there “junk” area? The screeners really stopped the printer bombs before they went on planes didn’t they. I’m glad some people feel safe during the searches, I don’t.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being seen naked is the least indignity an airline passenger is forced to endure. Seats designed for 5'8" 170 lb passengers. Extra fees if you want to take luggage with you. Being held hostage for up to three hours while they work on the plane. I'm only to happy to show the airlines my bare bottom as I tell them to smooch it!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by patoka pirate
Being seen naked is the least indignity an airline passenger is forced to endure. Seats designed for 5'8" 170 lb passengers. Extra fees if you want to take luggage with you. Being held hostage for up to three hours while they work on the plane. I'm only to happy to show the airlines my bare bottom as I tell them to smooch it!
To go along with that mind set,perhaps one could indulge in a meal of cabbage,milk and onions about oh say 3 hours prior to arriving at the airport.And I will request,no DEMAND a private room in which to be "frisked"
Old 11-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by irocpractice
To go along with that mind set,perhaps one could indulge in a meal of cabbage,milk and onions about oh say 3 hours prior to arriving at the airport.And I will request,no DEMAND a private room in which to be "frisked"
That might subject you to charges of possession of a weapon of mass destruction
Old 11-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Reminds me of a great skit by George Carlin, "Airport Security". Cant post the link but due to language but George hit the nail on the head with that one. It was pre-9/11. If the Feds would have listened it would have been prevented.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
As I posted recently in another thread, I do not agree with the way big sis is going about airport security and still think that the Israeli method is probably the best in the world. Doubt that it will be allowed in the US and Canada because profiling (gasp!) is a big part of it. The wimpy, overly correct politicians will not allow that as they are too afraid of CAIR and similar organizations.
Umm Stan,I think part of the problem is the difficulty, in learning Hebrew, in a short time frame,would not allow the Israeli system to function>Of course an Israeli security officer trying to understand " back bay Boston,Spanglish or Eubonics" could of course lead to a whole different set of problems.So it seem that at this point in time we are stuck with double digit IQ'S and triple digit incomes inabilities to render and keep us safe.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by irocpractice
So it seem that at this point in time we are stuck with double digit IQ'S and triple digit incomes inabilities to render and keep us safe.
Somebody went on a youtube adventure
Old 11-17-2010, 04:50 PM

The last time I was on a plane was 1977 & I have no where I need or want to go that I have to be put through a flawed system. I'm with others when they do profileing maybe there will be some security.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Well I have rolled this around in my head and if I have to choose I will take the scatter scan over the body search. The reason for me is simply that if some guy touches my junk he is going to the hospital and I am going to jail, so that makes the choice easy for me.

I know the current security methods are less than desirable for most of us but I don't have the answer.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:50 PM

Y'know what really doesn't make sense to me, is the fact that all of this was in response to the underwear bomber and the shoe bomber .... both of which started their flight outside of the USA in countries who will NOT be using full body scans and invasive pat down searches.

So ... the only people who will be getting inconvenienced, felt up, nuked etc ... is people like your Aunt Mabel who is taking a 3 hour flight from Podunk, Ohio to go get married in Reno !!

Meanwhile ... Achmed is boarding his plane to America without so much as a second glance.

Where's the logic in this ??

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-17-2010, 08:02 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Ive taken the naked body scan a few times.
If they wanna pat me down. I have consistently told them I fell more comfortable with the lady patting me down that twinkle toes. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
I also find I love my little regional airport.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
I would be more worried about getting on overseas flight. If they couldn't tell this was a mask on this Asian guy they should have all been fired for being stupid. The only thing that gave him away was he had young looking hands.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:04 AM

I would've been fired then ... cuz it fooled me looking at it on my TV.

If he had disguised his hands ... very doubtful anyone in TSA wouldve stopped him.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-18-2010, 08:40 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I don't like having more stuff to go through to fly. I have decided I won't fly if I can help it. Wears me out anyway. Having spent a few years in Japan, flying in country and internationally (not to the US), flying is much less painful in other countries. It is nice. Then we come back to the US and it's just slow as heck torture. Of course coming in from JP back to the States, Americans are ridiculously slow compared to the masters of efficiency.

Anyway I won't fly if I don't have to.

I was thinking about this thread last night. I was wondering how long it will be before a terrorist in country decides to walk a carry-on bag loaded with explosives to the security check point. With as many people that are piled up, waiting in line, or are in the area in the general, they'd have a real good hostage situation in an airport terminal. If you get several guys with carry-on bags spread out through the check in terminal you could wipe out a number of people and shut down things for a while. What's stopping terrorist from doing that? Sure, bring down one plane in the sky. What about the airports themselves?

Where should the security stop?

Quick Reply: I do NOT CONSENT !