Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I almost completely lost it today! What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoss pretty well nailed it.

Basic rule of life: Don't argue with an idiot!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:55 AM

dont get me started with drivers like this.

i had one guy in a honda try that with me. he than tried to push me off the road. i put him into the guard rail.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:21 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoss
Three words: Anger Management Classes

Yeah......you know?........Thats not the first time I have heard that either! LOL
I'm over it now, just felt good though for a little bit. Will admit, I took it a little too far. Waiting on phone number as we speak! Maybe I can put it on here and give everyone someone to call when they are having a bad day! That wood be too funny! Calls from all over the country!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 AM

Hoss is right, it's just not worth the aggravation but I feel your pain. Being on the road a lot for work lately there are some drivers that I wonder if they have lost their brain. I think most of them know that they are idiots and enjoy ruining your day.

Last week I am on my way home from a long trip in the left lane passing a semi, there is a guy in a Taurus that comes right up on my tail so I speed up a little to get over faster for him. He gets by and then proceeds to do about 2 MPH faster than me.
About 30 miles down the road I am passing another semi (very hilly area) when I look in my rear view mirror and there he is again! I stayed at the same speed and passed the semi. As he is passing me I threw my hands up and looked at him. He gives me this cheesy smile and waves at me in a taunting manner. That's when I saw his wife and then I understood his issues....my neighbor's horse is better looking!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a situation a few weeks ago...not that agressive. Guy in dark BMW tailgating me at 5AM, so it's dark out which explains why I could not see him. Instead of him going around, which he had many opportunities to do so, he is tailgating for ~1/2mile or so. Well, at a stop light I finally figure out someone is behind me. So as we leave the light, he resumes at the same distance. So, I ride the jake down to ~30 in a 45 zone. He at least got the message & backed way off. We turned & went our separate ways without further incident.

In your situation, I probably would have called the cops when he was flashing his lights and explained the situation to them. IF he had an emergency, he was better off waiting for emergency vehicles, rather than putting his life, his passenger's life, and the lives of others at risk.

Tony
Old 08-28-2007, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had this happen to me a few times in when I was in high school and college. I let it get to me once so bad that I actutally followed them hime and ripped them a new one. I felt sort of bad when I was yelling at them and it turned out to be a grandma with her grandkids. After a few times I just don't let it get to me anymore. I am always the bigger man and just let them go on their way now. Every now and again I will let them know how I feel about what they are doing but it is usually just a hand jesture.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
on my way up from seattle last week i saw some wild road rage. this guy in a small toyota pickup comes flying up to a vw jetta and gets along side him flipping him off, then starts swerving into him within a foot of hiting him and then the jetta tried pull a slick getaway on a offramp by waiting til the last minute and pulling off, but the guy in the toyota made it to, so who knows what happened to that guy in the VW after that.... and all that for probably cutting the guy in the toyota off.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by vzdude
My wife was not amused to say the least as she said the same thing....."what if he had a gun?"
sounds like a smart woman

I have never used mine and hope I never have to. I am able to handle myself quite well but my 9 was in the small of my back just in case.
You hope you never have to, but you let yourself get all worked up and even tried to follow him to confront him. I would have to say that's not handling yourself very well.

I was "lured in" and I hate that I let that happen, but I also refused to be intimidated too. Especially when it turns out he had no emergency.
You just couldn't let it go? Was it really that big of a deal? What if he had pulled over? And he started goin off on you. Then everything went down hill from there. Lets say he started kicking your ***, would you have then pulled your gun? At this point no matter what your goin to jail. You either shoot him (and go to jail). Or go to jail for pulling a gun on someone.

You followed him, that right there is the prob. You could have walked or drove away but you didn't. Now that makes YOU the aggressor. Hypothetically speaking

Sorry, but I hate road rage as much as anyone. But is all that worth it just cause some a**hole cut you off or tailgated you.

End of rant.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:15 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Quite frankly , CallmeD, I don't think any of the above scenarios would have happened. However I can take a "buttwhoopin" with the best of them, but I do believe in a fair fight ( hence the 9 ). Am I above a fight? Depends, yesterday morning , NO. I have morals and standards and they both include how to treat other people to a point. After that point it goes downhill quick. I let it go and was the bigger person until his "seeming emergency" turned into now he has time to mess around with me. I gave him a brake check to let him know to back off , once. Thats all anyone gets with me.....one warning. Break into my house.......first shell in the double barrell is shot........second is a slug. As far as following him - we were both going the same direction. I only followed him as far as my original route allowed me. I could have detoured and followed him wherever, but didn't. Read the rest of the posts, I saw him again this morning. He again didn't stop at the intersection and rolled right onto the highway, but all I did was get close enough to get a plate number. I didn't follow him/tailgate/intimidate/flash my lights/ any number of things I could have done, but didn't.

As for this post.....if you will re-read the title, it doesn't ask "what do you think of what I did, it asked what would you do! I can follow some of your posts and make snide comments as well, but that isn't why I'm here. I wanted to know how other people would have handled the situation. Don't judge me, lest ye be judged.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Waiting on phone number as we speak! Maybe I can put it on here and give everyone someone to call when they are having a bad day! That wood be too funny! Calls from all over the country!
Yeah...hilarious.

But at least you're over it, right? [shaking head]
Old 08-28-2007, 01:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I feel for you. Had something similar happen last Sunday.
Coming up a 2 lane on ramp, right lane, behind a slower vehicle. Not going slow enough for me to pass him in my gutless F150.
Guy 2 cars back w/ a hotrod Dmax passes us all and gets on the freeway.
Chick right behind metries to go around after the Dmax passed, but the ramp is narrowing to 1 lane.
We get on the freeway, she merges left into the slow lane (right lane), then moves into the center lane right away. I move into the left lane still behind the slopoke in front of me.
She passes me, carload of cholos, windows down, flipping me off, yelling in Messican, throwin gang signs. (This was a nice new Ridgeline they were driving and they all were well dressed, didn't look like gang bangers)
I wave and smile, that's all I can do in my company truck, even though my blood pressure was definately up.
They pass me.
Cpl miles later, i'm in the left lane and she's in the center lane going slow. As I pass her , she rolls down the window and throws a full pop can at my truck, yells at me, flips me off again and speeds off. Put a nice little ding in the truck too.
I can't figure out what the heck just went on. I mean I was minding my own business, just following traffic onto the freeway.
What's worse, is the cops don't give fark about this. I called the #DWI number we have here in NM and reported them, license plate and all. After calling, I saw 3 different cops radaring on the side of the road before the next available exit. Not one pulled her over.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:55 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Originally Posted by Hoss
Yeah...hilarious.

But at least you're over it, right? [shaking head]
Over it.....nope. I never forget! I have let it go though until the opportunity arises! Read my sig. Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:13 PM

Quite frankly , CallmeD, I don't think any of the above scenarios would have happened. However I can take a "buttwhoopin" with the best of them, but I do believe in a fair fight ( hence the 9 ). Am I above a fight? Depends, yesterday morning , NO. I have morals and standards and they both include how to treat other people to a point. After that point it goes downhill quick. I let it go and was the bigger person until his "seeming emergency" turned into now he has time to mess around with me. I gave him a brake check to let him know to back off , once. Thats all anyone gets with me.....one warning. Break into my house.......first shell in the double barrell is shot........second is a slug. As far as following him - we were both going the same direction. I only followed him as far as my original route allowed me. I could have detoured and followed him wherever, but didn't. Read the rest of the posts, I saw him again this morning. He again didn't stop at the intersection and rolled right onto the highway, but all I did was get close enough to get a plate number. I didn't follow him/tailgate/intimidate/flash my lights/ any number of things I could have done, but didn't.

As for this post.....if you will re-read the title, it doesn't ask "what do you think of what I did, it asked what would you do! I can follow some of your posts and make snide comments as well, but that isn't why I'm here. I wanted to know how other people would have handled the situation. Don't judge me, lest ye be judged.

I'm not hear to bash, judge or whatever you, but just cause you "think" it wouldn't happen doesn't mean it couldn't or wouldn't. **** goes down hill fast, trust me.
I've been there on the side of the road ready to beat the crap out of an Edit who flipped me off. He told me to pull over so I did. He came running up to me, all 150 pounds of his Edit. He quickly changed his tune when I got out of my car. Whole attitude change. I'm 6'2' 300#, he started walking back to his car and of course if followed. After he got back to his car we ended up talking. We actually had a nice talk and both agreed that us stopping wasn't a good idea. He said given my size wished he had a weapon. Lets say he pulled a gun on me out of fear. Then what???????? I prob. wouldn't be alive. Thankfully that day we both saw or errors.

I put hypothetically because of just that,I was speaking hypothetically to you.

I welcome you to follow any of my post. You'll find nothing to judge. And I didn't/wasn't judging you. I was asking you questions ?????

I was only trying to show how fast things can turn very bad. And as much as I hate road rage I"LL NEVER PULL OVER AGAIN. Lifes to short and I love my wife and kids to much to act like that. (this happend to me years ago) I'm actually thankful we were able to talk about the what if's.

Live and learn.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Understood. I guess I'm pretty edgy about everything lately! Anyhow.....looking forward to this weekend.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:04 PM

I hear ya. I live for the weekends myself too.

I drive 100 miles (50 each way) to work. Been doing the same drive for 10yrs now and I see the same road ragin people everyday. I totally understand where your coming from and have done pretty much what you've done also ( I hate to say but it sometimes makes the drive go by faster). But I'm very tame now (i'll play a little) and don't push things too far or pull over anymore.haha

Quick Reply: I almost completely lost it today! What would you do?