Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

I almost completely lost it today! What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:20 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry I almost completely lost it today! What would you do?

On my way to work this morning and some genius in a minivan pulls out right in front of a semi on a 4 lane. I had to slam the brakes to let the semi over or he would have run over the poor sap! After the following I should have! So the semi passes him, and I continue my pass on the semi. I took my time as I only had the cruise at 62. This guy gets behind me ( the minivan driver) and begins to ride my tail and has his lights on high beams. So I give him a heck of a "brake check" and reset the cruise. This seems to make him even madder as now he is flashing his brights on and off at me. I think, maybe there is an emergency so I speed up slightly and move to the right lane. The HE decides to brake check me ! SO I dart to the left lane again and the race is on! We are at a HIGH rate of speed when the speed limiter on my truck cuts out and evidently his minivan too, because he starts to slow down. I move him to the right as I am gonna yank him from that van and explain how things work in these parts if you know what I mean! We come to almost a complete stop in the road and I can see there is someone else in the van. I am now mortified because I can only think he might be doing this crud with a kid in the car! Can't tell for sure, so I followed him at a large gap for another 15 miles on my way to work hoping he would go into a gas station somewhere, but doesn't. We went our separate ways! NOW...... I usually don't act like this, but where do you let it end? and what would you have done?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll admit i get pulled into this sometimes... my thoughts were the same as yours as i read. I would have continued at the same pace if he rode my butt, and then worried maybe he had an emergency. As much fun as they are i probably woudn't have done the 1st "brake check" and if you are ever to the point of "yank him from the van" take a deep breath and calm down. you never know what wierdo has a gun and is gonna do something REALLY stupid. be smart out there... stupid drivers get on my last nerve (and yours i can see)
Old 08-27-2007, 09:29 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

My wife was not amused to say the least as she said the same thing....."what if he had a gun?" I have never used mine and hope I never have to. I am able to handle myself quite well but my 9 was in the small of my back just in case. I was "lured in" and I hate that I let that happen, but I also refused to be intimidated too. Especially when it turns out he had no emergency.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Banned

i can feel your pain. nothing gets me more mad than someone tailgating! i get livid quickly...

you handled it better than i wouldve...more than likely i wouldve taken an exit and hoped he followed me. minivan men are usually the worse too becuase they feel like they have to prove they still have their manhood but drive a minivan.

minivan men are WORSE than manvaners!

brett
Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 PM

it sounds to me that the situation got way out of hand and you helped it get there. i agree with the fact that the van driver was out of line, on the other hand the same can be said about your reaction.

as far as what i would have done i would have gotten out of the vans way. if the van driver wants to drive like a complete ***hat with total disregard for other people including the passengers in his car, leave him to it and stay out of it.

there is no point in risking yours or your family's life to show the in the next car that you dont like the way they drive. in the end if you both had gotten in an accident you would have been just as guilty as he was, cause you were pushing the situation.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:00 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Agreed. ^ We all have our days I guess, and I just happened into someone having one too!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will get angry like that when I'm on my bike and a turd like that tail gates me , if we get a light together then he gets a lunger , then the finger, and a major profanity filled slandering, if it happens when I'm in my truck then I just shoot them the finger and leave it at that. It is amazing what some people do behind the wheel, and to think that moron most likely had kids in the car with him.

Tim
Old 08-27-2007, 11:14 PM

aww come on dude, you know youd hate a guy in a bada## CTD if you had to drive a freakin MINIVAN too bwahaahahh! youd be doing everything you could to prove that you still had a pair.

naw i hate tailgaiters, but the worst ones are those that cant maintain speed. the kind that slow down to 10 under, then you pass them, then they pass you at 20 over what your doing. then you come upon them about 2 mi down the road doin about 5-10 under, and the game continues.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when someone starts tailgating me, I just back off the gas a little bit and make sure it is enough to be a mph or 2 below the speed limit. after a half mile or so if they haven't backed off, i slow down a couple more mph. i will keep doing this till they get ****** and pass me(usually illegaly) or they back off.

I really try not to brake check people because I don't want to risk damage to one of my vehicles, but every now and then I will get caught in the moment...
Old 08-28-2007, 05:48 AM

If someone rides my tail i just slow down, then mash on it and let them eat the black smoke!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Justin26
If someone rides my tail i just slow down, then mash on it and let them eat the black smoke!
My point exactly, paint the town black! I loved doing that with the Juice I had until I sold it.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:00 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Saw him again this morning. Got his plates too! He didn't make any "quick" movements though! Think I'll have an LEO buddy of mine get me his name. ( did I say that out loud! LOL) Might add his name to a list of those I call when I need a little stress relief. I also noticed last night that it was almost a full moon. I get a little quircky around that time! LOL
Old 08-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Originally Posted by vzdude
SO I dart to the left lane again and the race is on! We are at a HIGH rate of speed when the speed limiter on my truck cuts out and evidently his minivan too, because he starts to slow down. I move him to the right as I am gonna yank him from that van and explain how things work in these parts if you know what I mean!
Three words: Anger Management Classes

I dislike bad drivers as much as anyone, but it is SO not worth it to get all worked up over stuff like that. Unless you're a cop, just let them do their thing and go on. Sooner or later it will catch up to them.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
It is amazing what some people do behind the wheel...

Tim
You must mean stuff like this...

I will get angry like that when I'm on my bike and a turd like that tail gates me , if we get a light together then he gets a lunger , then the finger, and a major profanity filled slandering, if it happens when I'm in my truck then I just shoot them the finger and leave it at that.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Banned

If someone is tailgating me I will usually just give a little warning puff ya know not a ton but a little, I try really hard not to smoke to my full potential but people cannot see at all.

Quick Reply: I almost completely lost it today! What would you do?